AVS Forum banner

Diy Shuffleboard Table 18'

10K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hotloc5 
#1 ·
My friend and I recently embarked on the idea of building our own shuffleboard table. We've been playing in bars recently and didn't want to keep "competing for table ownership" so we decided to build one!

It started out as a normal table but we found two twin-sized beframes that someone threw away and decided to use those as our design scheme. for the surface we wanted to try our hands at making an actual butcher block slab. since we wanted to do this on the cheap we used pine. I know what everyone is thinking "pine is the cheapest lumber! its so soft and not hard its going to warp what were you thinking?" Well we wanted to make this thing cost effective, and instead of spending like 4-500 on some nice hardwood, we decided to spend about $120 on high quality marine resin to coat our surface with. its hard, water resistant and adds a slight amber color.

#2 ·
i put tons of pictures on flickr, i have more coming too. tell me what you think! after she was all done it took some shimming to get the surface to be playable but now she works great. all in all the surface has some quarks, but we are both pretty happy with it considering it was the first butcher block we made. and its 18' long!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/horridt...7600378945611/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.