Pioneer Speakers SP-FS51-LR Pair-$99.99, SP-BS21-LR Pair-$49.99 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
sweet deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 07-10-2012, 11:00 AM

Newegg is having a sale right now ending in two days, Pioneer small book shelf pair for $50, center for $50, although this time the floor-standers are $130.

I'm wondering I should snap some up, but I'm not sure if I should do a single pair or a surround setup, and if a single pair, I wonder what the difference is between the small bookshelf and the floor-stander?

Then again, based on this thread, I see that this sale has happened in some variation several times before in the not-too-distant past. I suppose it is likely to happen again?
post #63 of 67 Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofBlasting View Post

Once again, people equate sound quality to cost of the speaker. It's funny. People become so emotionally defendant of products they've spent their own money on, that they are quick to judge and dismiss anything else as a better product, especially if it costs less.

After testing all three sets of speakers, we decided the Pioneers gave us the best listening experience. We returned the other pairs, and picked up the matching center and bookshelve speakers.

It's always a bit frustrating to see people so quick to judge a product based off of looks and price alone. People love to relate quality to cost.

See, now, I love it when people do this. Means more for us tongue.gif I just bought 2 pairs of the Pioneer FS51's 2 pairs of the BS31's, and the C21 center channel off Newegg, 9 speaker total, for $389, WITH free shipping. I will be driving them with my Pioneer Elite 92THX reciever. I am selling my Klipsh Heresy I to pay for them, since I just do not have the space to use the Klipsh. FYI they are up on Craigslist in the Buffalo Area for $450.

Yay! A Signature!

post #64 of 67 Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Range View Post

Update...

I decided against the Pioneers. I walked in to my local brick and mortar shop and heard the Boston Acoustics A 360's... at $800 a pair. These speakers sounded $2000 a pair. The mid-range and mid-bass were incredible. I would highly recommend checking these out. With taxes speaker stands shipping etc... the Pioneers would have ran me $650 for the bookshelves and center. The Boston Acoustics would be like only like $600 more for the towers and center when done and they sounded so good.

Come on man. I get it though, Recently got Klipsch RF-7ii for $3000/pair biggrin.gif
post #65 of 67 Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 AM

Liked: 11
post #66 of 67 Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM

I have a Pioneer SC-1222-K receiver connected to a Bose Accoustimass 5.1 system.

I saw the Pioneer floor standing speakers SP-FS51-LR for $145 a pair at Amazon.

Question is will these play well together with the Bose cubes or will they be out of sync.?
post #67 of 67 Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by srj1209 View Post

I have a Pioneer SC-1222-K receiver connected to a Bose Accoustimass 5.1 system.

I saw the Pioneer floor standing speakers SP-FS51-LR for $145 a pair at Amazon.

Question is will these play well together with the Bose cubes or will they be out of sync.?
I got rid of the Bose system I had, and now have 6 SP units as part of my 9.3 system. Glad the Bose stuff is gone. Oh, and I'm running the SC-1522k, love it.

Why go out to a movie theater?
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Pioneer Sp Bs21 Lr 80 Watt Rms 2 Way Speaker , Pioneer Sp Fs51 Lr Floorstanding Loudspeakers Black Pair

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page