Denon 4311CI @ EE for $1329.99 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 620 Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Holiday121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,680
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Well im sure it does have better components and it should at that price range.. The debate was for the average people.. Not ones that listen to find something wrong
Holiday121 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 620 Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: WA State
Posts: 15,513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

DaGamePimp,
May I ask which Marantz model you came from?
( I have a 7002, and am on the verge...)

7001 wink.gif

Jason
DaGamePimp is offline  
post #543 of 620 Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Carlton Bale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Indianapolis IN, USA
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

I started this thread . . .
May be time to look for the 4520 which is the coming replacement for the 4311.

What does the new 4520 offer over the 4311? Is there some compelling feature that the 4520 offers?
Carlton Bale is offline  
post #544 of 620 Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Senior Member
 
silvershark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I honestly don't see a big upgrade from the 3312 that I just purchased... Both do dual HDMI out, 3 zones?, audessy is included, AirPlay, iPod jack, etc...

My 3312 honestly has more features than I will ever use. I just wish denon supported m4v or mp4 formats streaming on my cloud device. That's the only draw back I see so far. I am still limited to using my Xbox for watching streamed movies.
silvershark is offline  
post #545 of 620 Old 09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Member
 
tomagardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any problems with the refurbished units?
TIA, Tom
tomagardner is offline  
post #546 of 620 Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Newbie
 
bruneti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlondoner View Post

Was the Audioholics item an Open Box?

I confirmed with Audioholics that it would be brand new in sealed factory box when I called them on the phone. It arrived exactly as promised. The firmware was also up to date. I only had to do the Airplay upgrade after the online registration process.
bruneti is offline  
post #547 of 620 Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Member
 
sobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Audioholics still has new factory-sealed units for $1299 with free ground shipping. The only other authorized reseller that was dealing on it and had it in stock when I made my calls today was OneCall, but they wouldn't go lower than $1329 delivered.

Could it go lower before they're gone? Maybe, but a bird in the hand...

sobi is offline  
post #548 of 620 Old 10-11-2012, 01:28 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I seriously doubt that there is any reason for a retailer to go lower than $1299 as the replacement 4520 is not even readily available for much of a discount AT ALL off of msrp. $2399 for the 4520 or $1300 for the 4311? Not a tough choice in my book, but for people that HAVE to have the latest and greatest the 4520 is available...
comicguy is offline  
post #549 of 620 Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Senior Member
 
xxxxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just in case anyone is in the northern DE or even southeastern PA (greater Philadelphia) area, there is an open box 4311 at the Best Buy on Kirkwood Hwy that has one remote and the microphone (it may have some other stuff too but definitely only one remote). It has a couple of small scratches on the face but otherwise looks good. It is $950 but I had the manager talked down to $900. PM me if you want more info.
xxxxxx is offline  
post #550 of 620 Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My local Best Buy has a display 4311ci (not plugged in but looks like speaker terminals were open from prior use). They want $1250 for it (incl remote, Audyssey mic but no box).
RobZ is offline  
post #551 of 620 Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Newbie
 
iowa cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a new in the box 4311ci from onecall.com on Sunday for $1350 with free delivery. They also will finance for 1 year at zero interest, but if you go over a year on the payments the rate was 29%. Great deal on this receiver, I have been waiting for Denon to come out with a replacement for the last couple of years. An early Christmas and birthday present for me. Can not wait for it to be delivered this Friday.
iowa cyclone is offline  
post #552 of 620 Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Member
 
pressedmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa cyclone View Post

I bought a new in the box 4311ci from onecall.com on Sunday for $1350 with free delivery. They also will finance for 1 year at zero interest, but if you go over a year on the payments the rate was 29%. Great deal on this receiver, I have been waiting for Denon to come out with a replacement for the last couple of years. An early Christmas and birthday present for me. Can not wait for it to be delivered this Friday.

Congrats! Let us know your impressions after you get it hooked up. What will it be driving?
pressedmeat is offline  
post #553 of 620 Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Newbie
 
iowa cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 7 channel, all Klipsch, running the rf-83's, with the rc-64 for a center channel, the sides are the rs-62 and got a sweet deal on a new pair of rf-82 for the rear channel. Have an older SVS 12 inch sub.
I have been running the Denon 3805, it does a fair job, but with the extra power of the 4211, I should be able to push some air.

Now I just have to talk the wife into a new amp., maybe next year.:smile.gif
iowa cyclone is offline  
post #554 of 620 Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Newbie
 
iowa cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Correction, I meant to type the 4311 not the 4211, been a long day, and ready to head to bed. When I spoke to onecall they started out the price at $1500, when I mentioned that I had called a couple of weeks before and they quoted me a price of $1329. I tried Vann's and they were at $1500 and would not price match, they were the only other authorized dealers that I tried. We have purchases the last couple of TV's from onecall and they have been great to work with. Wife has already informed me that the new receiver will be placed under the Christmas tree and do not even think about trying it out before then. When I mentioned it was a Christmas present to the guy from one call, he said that he would note that in the order, so my 30 days return will not start until Dec. 25.
iowa cyclone is offline  
post #555 of 620 Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
purbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Well I finally bit the bullet and picked one up from Audioholics for $1299 shipped.

I probably won't have my new speakers in the very near future, but I will use this to power my current 5.1 setup instead of the receiver I bought w/the speakers back in 2001 or so. I don't even have HDMI on that receiver heh.
purbeast is offline  
post #556 of 620 Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cincy, OH
Posts: 1,565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 208
^Congrats! I have had my 4311ci since June and it has performed flawlessly.

October HorrorFest Participant
BornSlippyZ is offline  
post #557 of 620 Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Newbie
 
skinnymonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too purchased one yesterday for $1299 shipped from Audioholics. Hard to beat!
skinnymonkey is offline  
post #558 of 620 Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Rhetor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnymonkey View Post

I too purchased one yesterday for $1299 shipped from Audioholics. Hard to beat!

 

Congrats Skinnymonkey . . . I just cannot believe people are still getting this deal based on a thread I started 10 months ago.

 

I have had my 4311 since the beginning of January . . . it is till (NIB at $1299) simply the most bang for the buck!  I was sure when I bought the 4311 that I migrate to the new 4520 when it came out.  Well, the  4250, the eventual replacement for the 4311.  IMHO, with just a few new features is not the bang for buck the available NIB 4311s form Audioholics at $1299.  Take the cost of a current 4520 ($2499), add $99 and you can buy two 4311s NIB!  That just blows my mind!

 

I love hearing the stories of people still able to purchase at the deep discount the 4311s NIB.

 

Again, congrats on your score!!!!!


I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
Rhetor is offline  
post #559 of 620 Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Member
 
cueball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are you calling Audioholics to get that price? It's been $1599 every time I've looked on the website over the last week! This came highly recommended in the Definitive thread and I've been looking for a hot deal on a NIB unit.
cueball1 is offline  
post #560 of 620 Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
addictaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post

Are you calling Audioholics to get that price? It's been $1599 every time I've looked on the website over the last week! This came highly recommended in the Definitive thread and I've been looking for a hot deal on a NIB unit.

Yes, you have to call them. Call Will at Audioholics and tell him that James from Cali. sent you:)
addictaudio is offline  
post #561 of 620 Old 11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Member
 
cueball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictaudio View Post

Yes, you have to call them. Call Will at Audioholics and tell him that James from Cali. sent you:)

Perfect! Thank You!!!
cueball1 is offline  
post #562 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Senior Member
 
addictaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post

Perfect! Thank You!!!

They have the best prices with customer service to boot.
addictaudio is offline  
post #563 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Congrats Skinnymonkey . . . I just cannot believe people are still getting this deal based on a thread I started 10 months ago.

I have had my 4311 since the beginning of January . . . it is till (NIB at $1299) simply the most bang for the buck!  I was sure when I bought the 4311 that I migrate to the new 4520 when it came out.  Well, the  4250, the eventual replacement for the 4311.  IMHO, with just a few new features is not the bang for buck the available NIB 4311s form Audioholics at $1299.  Take the cost of a current 4520 ($2499), add $99 and you can buy two 4311s NIB!  That just blows my mind!
I love hearing the stories of people still able to purchase at the deep discount the 4311s NIB.
Again, congrats on your score!!!!!

If past history of denon's street selling price means anything, the 4520 should sell for about 1500 in the near furture. I don't see the 4520 being any different, as this unit is just another mass produced AVR, and the warehouse will soon be overstocked, than thats the time to buy... Just wait and save big...
joehonest is offline  
post #564 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
lodit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is this model Denon AVR-4311ci worth it for $900 + taxes BNIB at this point in time?

Please advise asap, cause I'm planning to go after work to pick one up.

B&M store. Not a fly-by-night online site.

Cheers.

Correction: It's a display model, but everything is intact, nothing missing from the package and full warranty. Still a deal?
lodit is offline  
post #565 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

If past history of denon's street selling price means anything, the 4520 should sell for about 1500 in the near furture. I don't see the 4520 being any different, as this unit is just another mass produced AVR, and the warehouse will soon be overstocked, than thats the time to buy... Just wait and save big...
Production was a lot more limited on the 4520, I seriously doubt we will ever see $1500..
comicguy is offline  
post #566 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodit View Post

Is this model Denon AVR-4311ci worth it for $900 + taxes BNIB at this point in time?
Please advise asap, cause I'm planning to go after work to pick one up.
B&M store. Not a fly-by-night online site.
Cheers.
No, $900 is wayyy too much for it. Don't even bother going to look at it....wait, what's the name of the store and where is it at?
comicguy is offline  
post #567 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
lodit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

No, $900 is wayyy too much for it. Don't even bother going to look at it....wait, what's the name of the store and where is it at?

Name of Store: I'll double check the spelling of the name and post back here after I go there after work.

Where it's at: About 5 min from my workplace.

But then again, it's a display model for $900 + tax..

Still a deal?

Btw, what's the manufacturer warranty on this model, 2 or 3 years?

Thanks.
lodit is offline  
post #568 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodit View Post

Name of Store: I'll double check the spelling of the name and post back here after I go there after work.
Where it's at: About 5 min from my workplace.
But then again, it's a display model for $900 + tax..
Still a deal?
Btw, what's the manufacturer warranty on this model, 2 or 3 years?
Thanks.
If they are authorized it is a three year warranty. As long as the display model has not been abused I would say $900 is still a great deal..
comicguy is offline  
post #569 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
lodit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

If they are authorized it is a three year warranty. As long as the display model has not been abused I would say $900 is still a great deal..

And if my wife says, "No!"...is anyone else interested in it?

I can ask them to hold it, and you can contact them to make the appropriate arrangements.

And, before the conspiracy theories start rolling out, it's a B&M store that we all know and love(hate?).

Cheers.
lodit is offline  
post #570 of 620 Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

If they are authorized it is a three year warranty. As long as the display model has not been abused I would say $900 is still a great deal..



And, before the conspiracy theories start rolling out, it's a B&M store that we all know and love(hate?).

Cheers.

It's ok to say "Best Buy", if that's the name.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

jconjason is offline  
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off