Denon 4311CI @ EE for $1329.99 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 620 Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Yeah you guys need to stop talking about the price difference and figure out what the real differences are first between those two models and then put a link here to your findings already. FWIW, when I compared the 3311 to the 4311, I picked the 4311 even though there was about a $600 difference.

And FYI, I read on avs somewhere that Best Buy took the 4311 off their website so that meant they may start clearing out old inventory. Something you guys may keep an eye on, even though I have warned against diving too deep into that potential ridiculousness earlier in this thread. But who knows, maybe you could find an open box 4311 for $700 from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 620 Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Yeah you guys need to stop talking about the price difference and figure out what the real differences are first between those two models and then put a link here to your findings already. FWIW, when I compared the 3311 to the 4311, I picked the 4311 even though there was about a $600 difference.

And FYI, I read on avs somewhere that Best Buy took the 4311 off their website so that meant they may start clearing out old inventory. Something you guys may keep an eye on, even though I have warned against diving too deep into that potential ridiculousness earlier in this thread. But who knows, maybe you could find an open box 4311 for $700 from them.

that would be amazing, but I can't imagine it actually happening.

I think he's already nailed the main differences and XT32 sounds like the most significant. The non-objective issue is probably the buyer's remorse or the "gotta have it" feeling of having the one up latest generation 4311.

Honestly, that is pretty much my decision right now: I don't want to think twice about whether I chose a receiver that does everything I want and then some.
post #123 of 620 Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, xt32, the amp section, the number of channels, preamp section, networking...idk as I haven't done the research.

As far as the BB thing, a couple years ago open box 4310's were going cheap. Like $600 or something. 3310's were like $450 or somthing. 1910's were like $200. Tried as I might, I was too late to the game. All of these models were gobbled up around me. (Mostly the mognolia stores.)
post #124 of 620 Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:

Well, xt32, the amp section, the number of channels, preamp section, networking...idk as I haven't done the research.

As far as the BB thing, a couple years ago open box 4310's were going cheap. Like $600 or something. 3310's were like $450 or somthing. 1910's were like $200. Tried as I might, I was too late to the game. All of these models were gobbled up around me. (Mostly the mognolia stores.)

sorry, you are correct, there are a few little differences. Two additional amps plus a few WPC on the outputs. There is a ~12 # difference in the weight, which makes sense versus power.

Functionally and feature set wise, they are very comparable. Appear to use the same DACs.

The real glaring difference still comes back to MultiEQ v. MultiEQ 32 and 1 or 2 sub EQ channels.

Since I have no experience with auto correction, I'm looking at all the comments and opinions to get a feel for it. I know anything in the digital domain is enhanced by having more bits/points. But, if it's just a minor refinement, then will it make a huge difference to me? I will have a 7.2 set up in my theater room, but I am certain that having separate bass EQ is not a big deal. Being able to correct room issues in the midrange is really important (I think).
post #125 of 620 Old 04-24-2012, 02:02 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post

sorry, you are correct, there are a few little differences. Two additional amps plus a few WPC on the outputs. There is a ~12 # difference in the weight, which makes sense versus power.

Functionally and feature set wise, they are very comparable. Appear to use the same DACs.

The real glaring difference still comes back to MultiEQ v. MultiEQ 32 and 1 or 2 sub EQ channels.

Since I have no experience with auto correction, I'm looking at all the comments and opinions to get a feel for it. I know anything in the digital domain is enhanced by having more bits/points. But, if it's just a minor refinement, then will it make a huge difference to me? I will have a 7.2 set up in my theater room, but I am certain that having separate bass EQ is not a big deal. Being able to correct room issues in the midrange is really important (I think).

Feel free to ask http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1406599
or in the 4311 thread

i got scorned for asking in the deal thread
post #126 of 620 Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM

Liked: 18
Just a quick FYI, I finally pulled the trigger with EE. He offered me the 1299 price immediately and said that he only had 10 left. Not sure if they are planning on getting any more in, but if anyone is on the fence on this deal, your time may be running out.
post #127 of 620 Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
4311 refurb (apparently in stock) for $999 at ecost.
post #128 of 620 Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:

Stopped in and checked today. 4311 is still at normal selling price in my area. Time to start checking on a regular basis.
post #129 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah you might want to check my info, as I just happened to read a post from another forum member mentioning it. I in fact do not know anything for sure. But yeah, you seem to understand what it takes, but beware it can become a hassle.
post #130 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 06:21 AM

How is this going to work? Do you believe the 4311 will go away with the 4520 coming out?
post #131 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

How is this going to work? Do you believe the 4311 will go away with the 4520 coming out?

Hard to say because, AFAIK, the 4520 is rumored to be a more expensive model priced somewhere between the 43xx and 48xx models. Denon presumably wouldn't want to leave the 43xx's price point vacant.
post #132 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Just wanted to let everyone know that Ecost has this receiver for $1032 shipped. New units, not refurbished!
post #133 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ecost has this receiver for $1032 shipped. New units, not refurbished!

shows refurb/recertified? am i missing something?
post #134 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 83
My mistake. You are correct. It is a refurbished unit.
post #135 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:

seperate bass EQ IS a big deal. Subs operate in the modal region where room interaction and being able to adjust to it is VERY key. While i wont discount the importance of proper EQ in the midrange, the bass is typically much harder to do, and if you have a .2 system with multiple sub locations, the addition of xt32 and sub EQ is by itself worth it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzchard View Post

shows refurb/recertified? am i missing something?

Swizz, just ordered from audioholics, same price as all previous listed. To give you an idea of what i know, through all my research over the past few months, at this price it made perfect sense for me to move up to the 4311, from my 3311, otherwise I wouldnt have done it. The additional EQ ability is a no brainer.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #136 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

seperate bass EQ IS a big deal. Subs operate in the modal region where room interaction and being able to adjust to it is VERY key. While i wont discount the importance of proper EQ in the midrange, the bass is typically much harder to do, and if you have a .2 system with multiple sub locations, the addition of xt32 and sub EQ is by itself worth it for you.

Swizz, just ordered from audioholics, same price as all previous listed. To give you an idea of what i know, through all my research over the past few months, at this price it made perfect sense for me to move up to the 4311, from my 3311, otherwise I wouldnt have done it. The additional EQ ability is a no brainer.

Thanks for feedback. I have to consider I won't have a dedicated theater for this stuff, and just a family room, 1 sub from a HTIB...I like the fact I can move up with the 4311, but I think its going to be truly if I can narrow the price gap between 3312 and 4311. $800 for the 4311 and I will do it NOW.
post #137 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 541
The authorized refurbs at ecost is as close as your going to get im afraid. But honestly, I have bought refurbs before, I will continue to as well as the QC (quality control) on them is more often than not better than the actual new units coming off the line. Just think about it, these refurbs have been completely broken down and put back together to operate as a brand new, never been used unit. Whatever they were sent back for would no longer be an issue. As Denon is doing the refurb, and ecost is a certified reseller, you will be in good hands regardless!

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #138 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

I started reading theater set up threads and kind of starting coming to that conclusion that have the separate bass would be really important--so, I've changed my mind, thanks!

I am getting more warmed up to the idea of spending the extra $ for the 4311.
post #139 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Yeah you might want to check my info, as I just happened to read a post from another forum member mentioning it. I in fact do not know anything for sure. But yeah, you seem to understand what it takes, but beware it can become a hassle.

I'm extremely well versed when it comes to deal hunting. As an example, in February of last year, I got a brand new sealed Denon 5308ci from BB on clearance for just under $1200. Just one of the extreme deals I've been able to get my hands on over the years.
post #140 of 620 Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxx View Post

I'm extremely well versed when it comes to deal hunting. As an example, in February of last year, I got a brand new sealed Denon 5308ci from BB on clearance for just under $1200. Just one of the extreme deals I've been able to get my hands on over the years.

Dude you win! I thought I did great when I got the 4806CI for $2100 NIB from Best Buy.
post #141 of 620 Old 04-28-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI, no more 4311CIs at EE. I think I got one of the last few when I ordered on Thursday. I asked my salesguy (Frantz x151) if he expected more, and he didn't know.

I personally think Denon is done making this model.
post #142 of 620 Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

FYI, no more 4311CIs at EE. I think I got one of the last few when I ordered on Thursday. I asked my salesguy (Frantz x151) if he expected more, and he didn't know.

I bought one yesterday morning (27 Apr). At the time they still had them listed on their website, they don't anymore. I ordered from Vince and he did not mention what the status of their supply was, could be they are out now since no longer showing up on website.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #143 of 620 Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Really? Damn I waited to long. Where else can I get it for the old price of 1299?
post #144 of 620 Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

I bought one yesterday morning (27 Apr). At the time they still had them listed on their website, they don't anymore. I ordered from Vince and he did not mention what the status of their supply was, could be they are out now since no longer showing up on website.

Correct, it is almost impossible to find on the site because it is sold out, but here is the link: http://www.electronics-expo.com/deno...g-1080p-and-3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldodger View Post

Really? Damn I waited to long. Where else can I get it for the old price of 1299?

When I read earlier on this thread that EE only had 10 left, I knew those wouldn't last long so I pulled the trigger. I don't know who has more, but I'd start calling up all the other authorized e-tailers on Monday if I were you. Last chance to get a true Made in Japan Denon receiver for <$1300. Not even sure if the AVR-4520 replacement will be made in Japan, actually.
post #145 of 620 Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 PM

Pulled the trigger on Friday. . If I couldn't get the 4311 I'd have ordered the 3311 and smiled about saving 500. It's a no lose situation
post #146 of 620 Old 04-29-2012, 07:52 AM

Just ordered this morning from EE for $1299. Talked to David ext 156. He was very helpful and professional. I think he is pulling it from store stock so it will take a little longer to ship. I was going to wait a bit longer but just couldn't help pulling the trigger. Replacing an Anthem AVM-30...need to make the "jump" to HDMI.
post #147 of 620 Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Just spoke with Jason @ EE. He said they were currently sold out of 4311s but they are taking preorders for their next shipment at $1299, so I don't think these are gone yet. Also he quoted me $799 shipped for a 3312.
post #148 of 620 Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM

What's the latest here?
post #149 of 620 Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM

I tried one-call name your price via their website...lets just say they haven't been eager to respond

Id really like to see this @ $1000-$1100 shipped and I will bite bullet now and overlook the AIRPLAY issue this has that the xx13 models remedy.
post #150 of 620 Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

What's the Airplay "issue"?
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page