Blockbuster and Dish Deal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Just figured I would share another coupon deal I was given. I signed up today for the dish cable package

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 PM

Hmm I wonder if I can get this as an existing customer. I'll have to try...
post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM

maybe if you refer someone they will
post #4 of 6 Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 PM

Liked: 11
I switched from Comcast to Dish when Comcast more than doubled their price for their standard (i.e. least channels & cheapest) package. My bill the first 3 months is $70, then $100 for the next 9 months, then $130 the 2nd year. For that amount I got every channel Dish offers, including about 60+ movie channels. Not only that but Dish is just a far superior service. My wife and I both commented that going to Dish after years of cable was like stepping out of the stone age.

I also got 3 months free of Blockbuster @ Home, which includes unlimited downloadable movies and 1 disc out at a time for their entry level package. That package costs $2 more a month than Netflix after the free period is over and includes a the disc rental which Netflix does not unless you pay double.

With Dish I can record so many more shows at once and their DVR can hold hundreds of HD programs. My wife and I are happy and my kids were ecstatic when they saw no less than a dozen cartoon channels to enjoy.

Just FYI, Comcast upped my bill to over $200 for cable and internet. After signing with Dish I called and cancelled everything but internet and took one of their(Comcast's) internet deals for existing customers and my cable bill is now $30 a month. Don't let these companies steal from you, because cable is a regionalized monopoly and they will.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloopy30 View Post

Yeah guys, call 703-914-0600..they will guide u through the dish process and get u signed up right away on the best packages..Thats what I did!!

Huh? That makes no sense.

Anyhow, I posted this in another thread and it bears repeating since this thread is along the same topic:

After a bit over a month of using Blockbuster@Home I have to say it is an EXTREMELY SUBSTANDARD service and you would be MUCH better off with Netflix. I really wanted this to be a winner, especially since I worked for them years ago (way before the stores started falling like rain), but if this service is supposed to save them they are screwed.

Why, you may ask, is it so bad? Double, at minimum, the return & delivery time of Netflix; somehow an amazing lack of mid & high popularity releases, along with a service that has many hidden charges and policies means that not only are you getting bad service but they are liable to steal from you at any time for ridiculous reasons.

It's sad to say but I think we will see Blockbuster join the Tower Records and Turtle's Musics of the 80's on the cinder of failed former mega-businesses. And the only people they will have to blame is theirselves because of their unyielding greed and pathetic service.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekUGA View Post

Huh? That makes no sense.

Anyhow, I posted this in another thread and it bears repeating since this thread is along the same topic:

After a bit over a month of using Blockbuster@Home I have to say it is an EXTREMELY SUBSTANDARD service and you would be MUCH better off with Netflix. I really wanted this to be a winner, especially since I worked for them years ago (way before the stores started falling like rain), but if this service is supposed to save them they are screwed.

Why, you may ask, is it so bad? Double, at minimum, the return & delivery time of Netflix; somehow an amazing lack of mid & high popularity releases, along with a service that has many hidden charges and policies means that not only are you getting bad service but they are liable to steal from you at any time for ridiculous reasons.

It's sad to say but I think we will see Blockbuster join the Tower Records and Turtle's Musics of the 80's on the cinder of failed former mega-businesses. And the only people they will have to blame is theirselves because of their unyielding greed and pathetic service.

number 1. thats the story phone number that signed me up and got me rolling. Number 2 i had n etflix and dish stream,ing is by far better and included in the cable so its much better!

this is for cable, by mail and streaming..but thanks for your opinions.
Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page