how do I start price matching? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im looking to buy a 55in TV. I want a Samsung or Visio but im only looking to pay 1000-1200$ So I think the Panny plasma will be my bet bet. But I called Amazon looking to get a deal and the CS person was just looking at the same website that I was Quoting the same prices that I see. I know Sears is strong on price match but I dont know where to start. I aslo will be buying a stand to hold it So in all about 1500$ purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Am I asking wrong?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM

You need to find somewhere that has a cheaper price for the product u want and then ask amazon to match it.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I wouldn't have a TV shipped, but that's just me. I would check out local stores like Sears, Best Buy, Walmart, Sams Club, Costco, etc. If you have an American TV and Appliance near you, they match online stores such as Amazon.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Just noticed also that Fry's says they will match local and online prices, so if you find a good price online at a major retailer (I'm sure they don't match everyone), you might want to try there.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
I've always had pretty good luck at Sears stores getting a price match .. find the cheapest on line deal, take a printout to a Sears store and ask .. if they handle the model, they will usually work with you ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Just noticed also that Fry's says they will match local and online prices, so if you find a good price online at a major retailer (I'm sure they don't match everyone), you might want to try there.

Fry's will price match, but if you are talking about higher priced items they will be extremely picky about it. I went in the other day to get them to price match the 80" Sharp, showed them several places (including Amazon) where the price was $4k, but the lowest they would do was to match BestBuy at $4,450, putting the price at just over $5k with tax.

Fry's does have a 36-month no interest deal, so I decided to go ahead and do it, but they make you put it on their Fry's card. Okay.. so they run me through the application process and I'm approved. Now I have a Fry's card.

They then go to run the transaction and come to find my card has a limit of $4k and I can't get the 36-month no interest deal because the entire transaction has to go on their card. Do I still want to do it? NO!

Ugh. Waste of an hour of my life. Only thing Fry's is good for anymore is getting parts to build your own PC (so you can return the one or two items that don't work).
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khagar1 View Post

Im looking to buy a 55in TV. I want a Samsung or Visio but im only looking to pay 1000-1200$ So I think the Panny plasma will be my bet bet. But I called Amazon looking to get a deal and the CS person was just looking at the same website that I was Quoting the same prices that I see. I know Sears is strong on price match but I dont know where to start. I aslo will be buying a stand to hold it So in all about 1500$ purchase.

Hey dude just follow your heart so there's no regrets in the end.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Unless I can save at least $100, I prefer buying locally. But the Amazon free delivery with set up to make sure the TV works is probably the next best thing (if not better since you'll probably pay local shipping anyway, and tax). Tax is BIG on a $2-3K TV
Old 05-06-2012, 12:16 AM

I am also prefer buying locally
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 AM

Amazone is better anyway you can compare price with others as well but quality also matters
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jany367 View Post

Amazone is better anyway you can compare price with others as well but quality also matters

Same product local and Amazone site so quality also same but price different.