Great deal on some decent cables. - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Music Direct has the Nordost Tyr cables 50% off right now. Good deal! Take advantage of it like I did.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-3783-no...cables-pr.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Got mine...
post #3 of 20 Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 AM

Liked: 10
nice
post #4 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I hope you people didn't actually buy this. A bigger waste of money is hard to fathom. But hey, if they make you happy ... enjoy the "dimensionality" they provide.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegm Hankie View Post

I hope you people didn't actually buy this. A bigger waste of money is hard to fathom. But hey, if they make you happy ... enjoy the "dimensionality" they provide.

don't hate. they make my $50 speakers sound like $75 speakers.
post #6 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 PM

$2750??? For speaker cables???

post #7 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1155
Wow! Only $420 per foot! Oh double wow! You get a whole pair, so they're only $210 per foot! They really should come with cable lifters for this price, though...especially considering they probably have these made in China for a whole lot less. LOL!

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #8 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 53
"Detail, focus, dimensionality, transparency, dynamic expression and subtlety all improved significantly. Detail was better integrated into individual instrumental shapes, instruments into a more coherent and palpably believable soundstage and acoustic space. But the real kicker was the improvement in pace and flow and as a result, musical expression."
-- Roy Gregory, Hi Fi+

Wow! I looked all over the web page for the measurements for "Pace and flow", but could not find where this was measured or specified. Will someone that purchased these amazing cables please measure the pace and flow and report back ASAP before these go off sale.
post #9 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 07:30 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegm Hankie View Post

I think it was posted as a joke.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman24 View Post

I think it was posted as a joke.

Kinda hard to tell...but maybe that was his intention. Need some smirky smiley face or something...

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #11 of 20 Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If you have tell people its a joke, it isn't funny any more.

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Also, a good rule of thumb is to remember that there are never actually any "great found deals" on MusicDirect.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-02-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post

Someone who understands.
post #14 of 20 Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Wish I could find the link to the awesome deal that I found on that garden hose that's made out of woven dry carbon fiber, spider silk, and pure 24k gold thread. The fittings on the end are platinum. There are actual diamonds on the inside to break down the hardness of the water because nothing is harder than diamonds. I picked one up for myself.

The water that comes out the end is so high quality and refined you'd just have to feel it to understand. I've never gotten such high performance out of my plants and grass before. Truly a floraphile grade hose.
post #15 of 20 Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLou View Post

Wish I could find the link to the awesome deal that I found on that garden hose that's made out of woven dry carbon fiber, spider silk, and pure 24k gold thread. The fittings on the end are platinum. There are actual diamonds on the inside to break down the hardness of the water because nothing is harder than diamonds. I picked one up for myself.

The water that comes out the end is so high quality and refined you'd just have to feel it to understand. I've never gotten such high performance out of my plants and grass before. Truly a floraphile grade hose.

Not being a floraphile I've only wondered how such a hose might transform my brown thumb into a green one. I hear the colors of the flowers just pop with amazing clarity and depth using such hoses...

post #16 of 20 Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 PM

It still helps to get your garden calibrated, but without this hose you will never see its full potential.
post #17 of 20 Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post

Wait this was a joke? I wonder what the return policy is?
post #18 of 20 Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM

So I know nothing about this sort of stuff. I am new here and about to build an HTPC but the A/V receiver, Speakers, etc. are still to come later. $2500 for speaker cables? Normally $5000? Is there some where I can read up and learn about why this is necessary? Just would love to understand the workings of AV so I can know what I am doing when I begin buying. Thanks!

Don't make fun of me for my stupid questions!
post #19 of 20 Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfhancock View Post

So I know nothing about this sort of stuff. I am new here and about to build an HTPC but the A/V receiver, Speakers, etc. are still to come later. $2500 for speaker cables? Normally $5000? Is there some where I can read up and learn about why this is necessary? Just would love to understand the workings of AV so I can know what I am doing when I begin buying. Thanks!

It isn't necessary is the point, unless you just need to spend money very badly. Just google cable nonsense or audio myths, you should get plenty of results...

post #20 of 20 Old 06-13-2012, 11:37 AM

Liked: 12
I could never listen to these speaker cables as my ears are allergic to signals that have been colored by mono-filament construction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfhancock View Post

Seriously, this should be standard reading and will answer a lot of your questions. I hope this web page never goes away.

SACD library.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page