Closed Thread

post #181 of 253 Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Jerry...I posted the pictures of Best Buy, I've never seen BB bragging about this, of course I don't go looking for things like that. I purchase high end items even appliances at BB. Why is that bad? I get points, recieve money back via coupons and have them PM best price in my area etc...is that bad? Oh yeah by the way I've had my house paid off. So I don't purchase things at BB just to have. For being such a Christian you do a lot of judging of your fellow man. Even accusing BB with their reasoning behind Make A Wish...maybe you should read Matthew 7:1--5

That's also not a good place to start. Matthew 7:1 isn't telling you not to judge; it's telling you not to judge hypocritically...BIG difference. Of course eternal judgement is reserved for only one person, but that's a different story.

This is one of the most incorrectly interpreted passages from the scriptures. It drives me crazy.

Anyways: I've seen a lot of good and bad in this. I shop at best buy for what they are, and when it comes to the personell, I don't expect much. But I haven't had them give me any grief on anything I've ever returned, and I used to live near some ghetto Best Buy stores. They've always done me well on price matching (I had them price matching online stuff several years ago when I bought my Elite Receiver). They aren't always my #1 choice (especially now that I live in the middle of nowhere), but I do enjoy going into their stores to look around, and if I see a deal I have no issue buying from them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 253 Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Strange how that works. In the late 90s and my teen yrs. 80s I was all Ford. Cars and my last 2 Fords were a 98 ext. cab step side full of chrome and my wife took that from me so then I purchased a 99 Ford F150 fleet side. Then I purchased a Avalon and now a Lexus. I think I'd purchase a GMC before a Ford now.

I don't even know what to say about this. I suppose it's almost 100% personal experience.

I worked parts in a Chevy Dealership, and a Ford one. I've owned a good portion of makes of cars.

I have a 2004 Ford Escape with over 200K miles on it, and the only money I have spent on it: Tires, Breaks, Rotors, Pads and the regular tune up. I also have a 2003 Taurus with just under 200K on it, and again...I've not done a thing to that car aside from the normal maintenance. OH...and I just changed the ford brand battery in it last year when it had 175K on it.

Now...I don't have bad experiences with anything but Dodge...and it's enough to keep me from every buying another. But when my wife and I decide to look at a new vehicle, you can bet we'll look at Fords because we've had no issues with them.

Shoot, I remember working parts we never had a Taurus come into a shop. I swear those things used to be built like tanks.

post #183 of 253 Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is a reason they are on the way out of business... Their model doesn't work. You can't treat customers poorly and expect them to return, even with good pricing (which they don't have).

post #184 of 253 Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 PM

I shop at Best Buy to test products... then go buy them online. Amazon doesn't try to sell me an extended warranty or overpriced cables.

post #185 of 253 Old 03-27-2013, 06:47 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznik1012 View Post

I shop at Best Buy to test products... then go buy them online. Amazon doesn't try to sell me an extended warranty or overpriced cables.

So, there are advantages to shopping at BB if you like to have additional, unneeded products, shoved at you...

Darenwh

Just getting started. Hope to have some decent equipment within a year or two.
post #186 of 253 Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 AM

I AM A GEEKSQUAD AGENT
Look I’m sorry everyone who’s had a bad experience at BestBuy, my heart goes out to those who’ve have been treated without respect. I am an a BestBuy geek squad and customer service agent , I try to help out my clients as much as possible I go above and beyond but people like you all on this forum don’t get it. Because of ignorant stuck up people like you all on this forum don’t appreciate the hard work for the good employees like us. That’s why when it comes to returns like this guy who put this receipt up only gets that return reason because he or she returned to many item and is suspended from returning for 90 days. And the reason why the customer/client needs to present an ID for returns is because we track the returns /it’s not that we are attacking yiu as a person there is no way around our system without an ID. Customers/clients get REDFLAGGED because they return to many items in a period of time some people take advantage of that and thus making it harder for the other clients who actually in all honestly just have to many returns .
I would like to take the time and tell everyone on here that I love my job. I love to make a customers happy see them walk away with their product happy. But I hate those people who want stuff for free and makes me so angry .and don’t wave around how much you’ve spent at BestBuy no one cares we have more customers who are plenty more rich than yall to take their money, go ahead leave what other electronic store will have employees who are knowledgeable and trained to know their product and even set up your device. Wal-Mart and target don’t have protection plans like we do. Say when was the last time walmart,target,or sam associate bend over backwards to get you a electronic Item and help you set up your device ? I think not. Apple doesn’t count either , those items sell themselves. Sorry we can’t accommodate to everyone’s needs. EVERYONE needs to stop complaining about their problems and get on with their life. Technology is becoming more advanced without bestbuy old people couldn’t get help and the world would fall apart. Not every BestBuy employee is bad . WERE PEOPLE TOO , AND WE HAVE A SAY IN THIS .
Sincerely , SECRET AGENT from geek squad

******END OF LOG******
mad.gif
post #187 of 253 Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznik1012 View Post

Actually, whenever I've bought an electronic item on Amazon, there's usually a section of "related/suggested" products on the page, and there are always warranties listed in this section. Just because there's not a salesperson talking to you doesn't mean that they don't sell warranties.
I also find it funny that you list Monster 1000HD HDMI cables in your equipment list and then complain about overpriced cables. Best Buy ells overpriced cables, doesn't mean you have to buy them.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, RX1; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D, Panamax M-5100PM
2ch Sony 32" W650A, Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Panamax MR4300
pc Monitor Audio Radius 90HD, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
+ Sony 65" XBRX850B, Sony BDP-S5100
post #188 of 253 Old 04-02-2013, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergut99 View Post

Had to go to best buy yesterday to exchange a defective bluray disc "Sucker Punch" as the case was cracked. I ordered the disc online, the disc was shipped in a soft heavy bag, but still the case corner was clearly broken, and was still in its factory wrapping with seals.
The young girl happily exchanged the unopened bluray for a new one. I was asked for ID and with my receipt of the exchange was handed a warning. Now I can not return or exchange any product i buy for the next 90 days, she told me she been handing out many of these warnings out in the past weeks, the dollar value does not seem to be a factor. I am just worry about getting stuck with defective products, I will just have wally world price match. In just the past 18 mouths I purchased over 2k at best buy, is this going to effect me in anyway in the furture besides at bestbuy? I just called and I should have more info by the end of the week.

Best Buy's Return Warning, It could happen to you.

Thats what this thead is all about !!!
post #189 of 253 Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlomi View Post

I AM A GEEKSQUAD AGENT
Technology is becoming more advanced without bestbuy old people couldn’t get help and the world would fall apart.

My friends, I think we are being played for an April's Fool.

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #190 of 253 Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:

I AM A GEEKSQUAD AGENT...but people like you all on this forum don’t get it. Because of ignorant stuck up people like you all on this forum don’t appreciate:

Please don't generalize all of us into one category..That makes YOU the the bad guy. MANY of us have stood up for Best Buy, attributing much of the issues to outside factors, people taking advantage of the system, and the fact that with such a large chain-there are SOME bad employees. Don't become one of them. Your post only makes you look like one of the "ignorant stuck up people".

post #191 of 253 Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM

One employee might say no, where another might say yes. I just returned a tv 5 days over the 30 day return policy. Just be nice
post #192 of 253 Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM

I just got hit with this one today, apparently my price adjustments for online purchases is what did it. Ironically, I was assured by the BB employees at the time that this wouldn't happen, as it rarely does. The girl at the return counter was perplexed as well.

The items I returned had not even been opened or used, I could imagine if it was an issue of people returning heavily, or even lightly used products, since they then have to sell them as open box items. The real kicker is that two of the attempted return items were from the same order, but they could only take one back. Thankfully, I used my AMEX, and they are aware of this problem as well, so AMEX gave me my money back.
post #193 of 253 Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:

I AM A GEEKSQUAD AGENT
Look I’m sorry everyone who’s had a bad experience at BestBuy, my heart goes out to those who’ve have been treated without respect. I am an a BestBuy geek squad and customer service agent , I try to help out my clients as much as possible I go above and beyond but people like you all on this forum don’t get it. Because of ignorant stuck up people like you all on this forum don’t appreciate the hard work for the good employees like us. That’s why when it comes to returns like this guy who put this receipt up only gets that return reason because he or she returned to many item and is suspended from returning for 90 days. And the reason why the customer/client needs to present an ID for returns is because we track the returns /it’s not that we are attacking yiu as a person there is no way around our system without an ID. Customers/clients get REDFLAGGED because they return to many items in a period of time some people take advantage of that and thus making it harder for the other clients who actually in all honestly just have to many returns .
I would like to take the time and tell everyone on here that I love my job. I love to make a customers happy see them walk away with their product happy. But I hate those people who want stuff for free and makes me so angry .and don’t wave around how much you’ve spent at BestBuy no one cares we have more customers who are plenty more rich than yall to take their money, go ahead leave what other electronic store will have employees who are knowledgeable and trained to know their product and even set up your device. Wal-Mart and target don’t have protection plans like we do. Say when was the last time walmart,target,or sam associate bend over backwards to get you a electronic Item and help you set up your device ? I think not. Apple doesn’t count either , those items sell themselves. Sorry we can’t accommodate to everyone’s needs. EVERYONE needs to stop complaining about their problems and get on with their life. Technology is becoming more advanced without bestbuy old people couldn’t get help and the world would fall apart. Not every BestBuy employee is bad . WERE PEOPLE TOO , AND WE HAVE A SAY IN THIS .
Sincerely , SECRET AGENT from geek squad

******END OF LOG******
mad.gif

Did you take a writing test to get your job?

post #194 of 253 Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitty320 View Post

Just be nice

I wonder if people realize how much this actually helps. Not 100% effective, but sure does go a helluva long way. And don't POUT like a 5 yr old when you don't get your way. It happens.

Also, I agree with the above poster if that Geek Squad had too take a "writing test" for his job. If not, he/she needs to enroll at a Community College for grammar/writing. Punctuation is your friend, and separating paragraphs helps a lot for the reader to understand you.

Not making fun of you. You need help. It will make you better.
post #195 of 253 Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Gorlomi sure is rocking Poe's Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #196 of 253 Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMonMan View Post

Could you please elaborate? The only thing I've heard that is changing is that they are adding more stores to the list of places they will price match to..

Could you elaborate on the list of places they'll price match to?

Like, where is this list? smile.gif

TK Doom

Unreal Tournament Forever
Project Gotham Racing too!

post #197 of 253 Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Doom View Post

Could you elaborate on the list of places they'll price match to?

Like, where is this list? smile.gif

I got it in an email from them probably 2 months ago.. It was also in their flyer, on the news, and even in the paper. I just searched their website, and it lists:

Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com

When I posted, I had only seen a list like this of places they would be price-matching to. I had not seen any other information regarding unfavorable impacts on the consumer, hence why I requested more information.

post #198 of 253 Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM

This just happened to me. I bought a laptop and a $14 accessory. I returned the $14 accessory (unopened) and got flagged. TRE didn't care that I kept the laptop computer. No more returns for me for 90 days including the laptop if it fails in 15 days.

Something like this happened to me with Circuit City and we know what happened to them. Same thing with Office Depot just before their stock plummeted a few years back. People aren't as dumb as Best Buy thinks. People vote with their dollars!

Best Buy has now converted me into one of "those" customers. I will "shop" Best Buy regularly and after I have demoed my purchase at Best Buy, I will purchase my product elsewhere.
post #199 of 253 Old 07-06-2013, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonesuch55 View Post

This just happened to me. I bought a laptop and a $14 accessory. I returned the $14 accessory (unopened) and got flagged. TRE didn't care that I kept the laptop computer. No more returns for me for 90 days including the laptop if it fails in 15 days.

Something like this happened to me with Circuit City and we know what happened to them. Same thing with Office Depot just before their stock plummeted a few years back. People aren't as dumb as Best Buy thinks. People vote with their dollars!

Best Buy has now converted me into one of "those" customers. I will "shop" Best Buy regularly and after I have demoed my purchase at Best Buy, I will purchase my product elsewhere.

This just confuses me. If you were flagged at circuit city And office depot.....then BB, then maybe it's something you are doing to flip the switch. IDK, I've been buying for years and thankfully never had to worry about that, unless I just never noticed before.

My Gear
post #200 of 253 Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 PM

What I want to know is how to get around this if you have been denied. Can I just have my wife return it for me with with her id? Is that how it is tracked?
post #201 of 253 Old 08-18-2013, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

You don't even have to do a retun to get this notice. They count price matches as returns as well so if you do several price matches you can be cut off from returns or exchanges. I'm strictly Amazon now!

Amazon will do the same thing, but worse. They track returns and if they decide they're not happy with you then they shut down your account and block the creation of a new one. So no more shopping there, and no more access to any digital content or potential gift cards that you might have had. Their filter doesn't make much sense and there's no effective way to appeal this. Sure, they advertise the easy returns.. and they'll do it, until something triggers their safety net.

Edit: Just realized how old the post I replied to was..
post #202 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Wow, this gives new meaning to " YOUR money is no good here". What would you do if you were to get banned everywhere, maybe for some other reasons ?
This is not a shot at you Brent, but to anyone who has been denied equal service.
post #203 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 AM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

I wonder if people realize how much this actually helps. Not 100% effective, but sure does go a helluva long way. And don't POUT like a 5 yr old when you don't get your way. It happens.

Also, I agree with the above poster if that Geek Squad had too (sic) take a "writing test" for his job. If not, he/she needs to enroll at a Community College for grammar/writing. Punctuation is your friend, and separating paragraphs helps a lot for the reader to understand you.

Not making fun of you. You need help. It will make you better.

Oh, the irony....
post #204 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM

Liked: 31
BestBuy has improved markedly during the past 5 years. They used to jump you at the doors- now, they are much calmer.
I think it's fine what they are doing here on returns.
Some of the people in here have no business buying things as expensive as they do, and they are also mentally ill and freak out about it and keep returning items when they realize the item isn't nirvana, as none are. It's hard to read thru some of the TV threads without going off on these trash who return sets 4 or 5 times looking for perfection, when perfection doesn't exist.
post #205 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjvnyc View Post

BestBuy has improved markedly during the past 5 years. They used to jump you at the doors- now, they are much calmer.
I think it's fine what they are doing here on returns.
Some of the people in here have no business buying things as expensive as they do, and they are also mentally ill and freak out about it and keep returning items when they realize the item isn't nirvana, as none are. It's hard to read thru some of the TV threads without going off on these trash who return sets 4 or 5 times looking for perfection, when perfection doesn't exist.

You have no idea what you're talking about regarding this. I was caught up in this last year at Best Buy. I had a few returns already throughout the year for small items (like a defective blu-ray, mis-wired ethernet switch). I had bought a $1,500 tv and it was defective (panel issues). I returned it and bought a more expensive set (a couple hundred dollars more). They processed the return and it went through fine. No bans. But then they had to return the extended service policy that I bought on the old set, and they returned that separate, after the tv transaction was completed, for whatever reason. When that return was processed, I got the 90-day ban slip. Immediately, I was told I couldn't return that $1,700 dollar tv for any reason, even defects! But when they handed me my receipt for that tv there was no ban. They didn't ban me until the extended return policy triggered it afterwards.

Sure enough that set was defective also (Samsung had some serious issues last year with their quality control - read the forums). This year they're improved considerably. Because I had no return policy now, I had no choice but to go through Samsung and get repairs authorized. It took months of repair attempts before they finally agreed that it was defective, and gave me a full refund to Best Buy in the form of a gift card. All of that grief because I was given an instant ban after purchasing an expensive tv, because they chose to return the extended warranty separate from the new tv purchase. If they rang it together, it would have only been 1 receipt and possibly not triggered the ban.

You have no idea what it's like trying to buy an expensive tv out there when these companies have such loose quality control. I'll be damned if I settle for a panel with waves or clouds or blotches because they can't keep their quality control up. And for that I got banned instead of Best Buy backing up the products they sell. I've also been shopping there for close to 10 years. I called corporate and also spoke to a store manager and they did nothing to help - they told me tough luck, wait until the ban is over. I had also bought a blu-ray player before that happened last year, and a media player, and I never returned those. I also bought a lot of blu-rays from them. So I was a good customer.

This is how Best Buy handles their customers.
post #206 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

You have no idea what you're talking about regarding this. I was caught up in this last year at Best Buy. I had a few returns already throughout the year for small items (like a defective blu-ray, mis-wired ethernet switch). I had bought a $1,500 tv and it was defective (panel issues). I returned it and bought a more expensive set (a couple hundred dollars more). They processed the return and it went through fine. No bans. But then they had to return the extended service policy that I bought on the old set, and they returned that separate, after the tv transaction was completed, for whatever reason. When that return was processed, I got the 90-day ban slip. Immediately, I was told I couldn't return that $1,700 dollar tv for any reason, even defects! But when they handed me my receipt for that tv there was no ban. They didn't ban me until the extended return policy triggered it afterwards.

Sure enough that set was defective also (Samsung had some serious issues last year with their quality control - read the forums). This year they're improved considerably. Because I had no return policy now, I had no choice but to go through Samsung and get repairs authorized. It took months of repair attempts before they finally agreed that it was defective, and gave me a full refund to Best Buy in the form of a gift card. All of that grief because I was given an instant ban after purchasing an expensive tv, because they chose to return the extended warranty separate from the new tv purchase. If they rang it together, it would have only been 1 receipt and possibly not triggered the ban.

You have no idea what it's like trying to buy an expensive tv out there when these companies have such loose quality control. I'll be damned if I settle for a panel with waves or clouds or blotches because they can't keep their quality control up. And for that I got banned instead of Best Buy backing up the products they sell. I've also been shopping there for close to 10 years. I called corporate and also spoke to a store manager and they did nothing to help - they told me tough luck, wait until the ban is over. I had also bought a blu-ray player before that happened last year, and a media player, and I never returned those. I also bought a lot of blu-rays from them. So I was a good customer.

This is how Best Buy handles their customers.

This is almost exactly what Amazon did to me. I had been a good customer there for years, but mostly just to purchase books, music, DVDs, etc (small items). Any returns I'd had were legit, damaged in shipping and such. I bought a TV when the Kuro's were first coming out and it arrived with problems. They gladly swapped it for another, which had a completely different issue. Both defects I had were very common at the time and documented on AVS threads. I took photos, posted them online, sent them to Pioneer and talked to Pioneer. In both cases Pioneer told me that it couldn't be field repaired without replacement of the whole panel, so I should work with the retailer for a new unit. I did, and though they were initially easy to work with.. once the replacement unit was in my hands they closed my account and gave me no recourse with that problem. I still have it and it's still defective. I went back and forth with them and they basically said go away, as the total for my returns was too large as compared to my purchase history. (ie TV vs books/CDs)

I remember the irony of the situation, because the box for the second TV was plastered with stickers proclaiming their easy, hassle free returns.
post #207 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM

So we recently had a return issue with Best Buy as well. We had purchased a high-end microwave from them last summer. We tend to buy high end appliances which seems to always mean they will have problems. It had problem after problem and repair after repair to the point where the manufacturer called us one day and said they were going to replace the unit as defective as it was still under warranty. We received an "authorization number" to present to Best Buy where we could pick up the new unit. Basically Best Buy told us that all replacements need to come directly from the manufacturer and because we didn't buy the geek squad warranty. Of course that was untrue. We had to get the manufacturer on the phone and the manufacturer had to take it all the way to the corporate level. It was almost surreal that they refused to do exactly what they were supposed to do. Finally after a lot of phone time, Best Buy did what they were supped to do in the first place and order a replacement. I gathered the problem was at the Best Buy Store Manager level operating under her own set of rules until she was called out.
The only thing I buy from a brick and mortar store any longer is appliances because of the hassle factor to ship really large items. Since then Best Buy has now outsourced their appliances to a totally different company located in the stores. Just like Magnolia isn't best buy, neither is their appliance department.
post #208 of 253 Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I guess we've been lucky, thousands of dollars in returns and no problems.

My Gear
post #209 of 253 Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

I guess we've been lucky, thousands of dollars in returns and no problems.

With the whole invention of internet shopping, I shun most brick and mortar stores for electronics whenever I can. I've never had to return anything purchased on the internet luckily.
post #210 of 253 Old 08-23-2013, 08:23 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzchard View Post

i dont believe you are required to give your license as part of the return process if you have your receipt. At least not to the extent they can write information. I can understand identity verification, but to collect personal information has got privacy concerns written all over it...if I make a return i will just refuse to give them my ID...

The fact that a system has had to be put into place in order to combat FRAUD isn't the fault of the businesses. They aren't out there encouraging fraud. Good luck returning without ID.
Closed Thread Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page