Def Tech discounts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

I'm getting ready to order some new HT speakers and I've decided on the Definitive 8060 system (8060 towers, 8060 center, & 8040 surrounds). The only prices I'm seeing online are for full retail. Are any of the ADs discounting Def Tech gear if one calls in?

We're moving this week (to the new HT room, or 'house' as my wife likes to call it) and I'd love to get these speakers ordered and on their way. Any leads greatly appreciated!!

Regards,
Ken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM

I don't think you will find many advertised "discount" on the current models but if you go to a reputable dealer(not a Best Buy) and buy a package as you described I would bet they will give you a discount of some sort....mine did!

Great choice, I own three sets of Def Tech's and love them.

T
post #3 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Its hard to find discount pricing with DT speakers, I've been looking at the supercubes, and they are always at list price.. But once it becomes a discontinued model you will easily see 50% or more off the MSRP. Check out Vanns
post #4 of 14 Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 PM

I think there is discount,but the real discount is not cheaper,you can wait the time for the discounting,you will find that!
post #5 of 14 Old 09-03-2012, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
When i did my recent HT I looked everywhere i could to get BB to price match, the Def techs seem to have msrp pricing everywhere. However, A product is worth what it sells for, these sell, and they are worth every penny. I have a full Def Tech surround with 8040 towers, pro 1000 center, pro 800 rears, and an SC2000. It's awesome.

My Gear
post #6 of 14 Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I definitely hear you about value, though paying MSRP for anything just rubs me the wrong way. If I can find a discount from an AD, I'll grab it. If not, I'll just grit my teeth and pay list price. Either way, we're moved in now, so the speakers will be purchased this week. I've got a new Denon 3312CI ready to go and a new Oppo BDP-93 on its way. Can't wait to get it all up & running!

Ken

post #7 of 14 Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalch1 View Post

Yeah, I definitely hear you about value, though paying MSRP for anything just rubs me the wrong way. If I can find a discount from an AD, I'll grab it. If not, I'll just grit my teeth and pay list price. Either way, we're moved in now, so the speakers will be purchased this week. I've got a new Denon 3312CI ready to go and a new Oppo BDP-93 on its way. Can't wait to get it all up & running!
Ken

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

My Gear
post #8 of 14 Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Well, I've got one AD willing to discount $200, but I feel as though I can do better. That's less than 10% off on a good-sized purchase. I'm going to try a local dealer and see if I can leverage the first guy's discount into a better deal. If not, then the first dealer wins.

I've got a lot of hardware sitting around now waiting for speakers, so a deal needs to be struck soon. I'm itching to get everything hooked up!!

Ken

post #9 of 14 Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalch1 View Post

Well, I've got one AD willing to discount $200, but I feel as though I can do better. That's less than 10% off on a good-sized purchase. I'm going to try a local dealer and see if I can leverage the first guy's discount into a better deal. If not, then the first dealer wins.
I've got a lot of hardware sitting around now waiting for speakers, so a deal needs to be struck soon. I'm itching to get everything hooked up!!
Ken

Maybe as a whole purchase they will as you said. When i said I didn't get any discount on the def tech's i didn't, however, I spent a total of about 8000 on everything and other things were discounted and as a "whole purchase" recieved a nice discount.

My Gear
post #10 of 14 Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 PM

Well, I know this post is ~3 months old, but D. Tech is doing a pretty huge promo on the 8060 towers.

Purchase the towers, get the 8040 center and 8040 surrounds for free - $1,000 value (at MSRP).

I'm pulling the trigger on the package tonight!
post #11 of 14 Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
if you don't mind factory refurbs, i would look into ebay seller bajawaverunner, which is the official Def Tech factory store on ebay

I bought several items from them on ebay over the years and each of them looked brand new - no way you could tell it was a refurb
post #12 of 14 Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 PM

I'm concerned that bajawaverunner doesn't include a deftech warranty. Any idea why?

Yamaha RX-A820 | Panasonic TC-P54S2 | Def Tech BP8B fronts | CLR2002 center | Infinity TSS-SUB4000 sub | Def Tech BP2X sides | BA SoundWare rears | Zotac ZBox ID41 (OpenELEC) | Linux media server
post #13 of 14 Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMarcus View Post

I'm concerned that bajawaverunner doesn't include a deftech warranty. Any idea why?

As he sells "factory refurbs", the price is chopped and they drop the warranty accordingly. However, in many cases the products are simply open box items and not refurbed at all. Note that BJWR is actually Def Tech's clearance center... he works for Def Tech but these eB sales are run independently apart from Def Tech (sort of an arms length deal). However, DT has assisted me on a few questions and screw/mount parts needed.

Personnally, I have 9 Mythos speakers in my HT all from BJWR and not a problem with any of them (had one GemXL grill arrive damaged which he promptly replaced). BJWR does guarantee on delivery, so you have some time to determine if the product is perfect or not.

Initially I also purchased a pair of STS (super towers) at a huge savings from BJWR, but after a month or so decided I wanted the ST model and had to sell (eB) and ship those independently. I ended up purchasing the NIB ST from a dealer in CA at a discount near equal (a couple hundred $ more for NIB) to BJWR as the latter did not have the ST in stock at the time.

Coolplazma's HT Den project. Early project info. Needs update with final results.
post #14 of 14 Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMarcus View Post

I bought 4 BP8s from them. Even though they were refurbs, all def tech original parts. They worked great. 1 tweeter arrived dead, they sent a new one without question. Would not worry about buying from them

Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page