polk RTI A9 at Newegg for $399.99 each - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes that is $100 cheaper than last years weekend sales. I just got my front 3.... now I just need to find an amp....

Of note the RTI A1 are on sale for $179.99/pair, these have the 5" speaker. I have the RTI A3's which sound great with my Onkyo TX NR808, but are a 6" speaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Liked: 10
Ordered me a set. The A5's are going to the back. Thanks for the heads up. been shopping for these and this is 400 cheaper from my last seach for the pair.

post #3 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Liked: 18
Couple questions, I might repost these in the polk speaker thread but could be useful here.

Is this cherry the same cherry color as the polk monitor series?

I have an AVR-791, will that drive these things?

Unless the center is on sale I dont plan to buy one so will there be a horrible difference in the timbre match if I use a polk CS2? Currently I have a full monitor 5.1 setup monitor 70s, 40s and CS2

I am kind of hoping to fill out the mid bass, with these. Currently I have an elemental designs A2-250 these claim to go down as low as that, doubt they can output as high though. Any thoughts on if I should remove the sub, upgrade it run it with them?
post #4 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubFiction View Post

Couple questions, I might repost these in the polk speaker thread but could be useful here.
Is this cherry the same cherry color as the polk monitor series?
I have an AVR-791, will that drive these things?
Unless the center is on sale I dont plan to buy one so will there be a horrible difference in the timbre match if I use a polk CS2? Currently I have a full monitor 5.1 setup monitor 70s, 40s and CS2
I am kind of hoping to fill out the mid bass, with these. Currently I have an elemental designs A2-250 these claim to go down as low as that, doubt they can output as high though. Any thoughts on if I should remove the sub, upgrade it run it with them?

The denon will work in a small room with a sub to take the lowend load off the avrs amp. With denons limited current output just don't push the amp into clipping or kiss your tweeters good by.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM

Do you think the A9s will be a waste of money? I guess it is hard to compare since they are now cheaper than just about anything else in the line. And what are my options to get these moving at the fullest potential? Can I amp them separately keeping in mind I do not have pre outs I dont think for anything but the sub. Even without the amp will these be a significant upgrade from the monitor 70s?
post #6 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 PM

Liked: 12
What about the reviewer who mentions at the A7 and a good sub may be a better setup?
post #7 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 PM

There about the same price I paid for my a5's I like my a5's and there are a over 2x more speakers , how can it be a waste of money..

post #8 of 15 Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 AM

They could be a waste of money if its just too hard to drive them and you end up needing to drop alot of money into an amp, some people suggest the emotiva amps which run $650. I guess the question is, will something else like the A5 or 7 possibly go on sale and should we wait for that. I am just trying to feel it out, some people say you need extra power, others say it really helps but is not needed.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 AM

I personally have been shopping for these for several months the lowest I have seen during that time was about 1300 bucks. I didn't hesitate 1 minute once I saw this thread. I almost bought 2 pairs.

post #10 of 15 Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Just picked up 2 Cherry Rti A9's for 399.00 each on Newegg. Sold out of Cherry now but still have the black Rti A9's.
Don't know how long the deal is but great price at $399.00 each.
Still looking for Csi A6 deal.
post #11 of 15 Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksook Bay View Post

I personally have been shopping for these for several months the lowest I have seen during that time was about 1300 bucks. I didn't hesitate 1 minute once I saw this thread. I almost bought 2 pairs.

Me to..I just pulled the trigger myself I have been looking for months.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-08-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Glad for everybody that got in on these. I got three A9 for my front three with some A3's for the front uppers from last year's sales. Will probably end up with the bipole surrounds(forgot the number) if the egg doesn't get A7's in stock this holiday season.

Dr. Crash:
Quote:
What about the reviewer who mentions at the A7 and a good sub may be a better setup?ReplyQuote Multi 0

That was the deliema I had last year. I wanted 7x of the A7 with 2 subs for our basement theatre/play area, but I missed them on sale last November/December. I then started thinking about the A9's as my front 3 and 4x of the A7 for surrounds and rears but I never saw the A7 in stock and on sale at the same time, then the A9 were sold out. FF 8-9 months and I am ending up with the RTi A9.

Newegg really playes games with these prices, so watch for them. Every other week they had a different status for the whole line. Sometimes two or three items would be discontinued, and one would be in stock for 30% more than MSRP with the other color at MSRP. Then the next wekend, the whole set would be listed but out of stock. The weekend after that all of the prices would change and half of them were not even listed under discontinued(literally just gone from the listing), then the next weekend some would be back as discontinued, some would be in stock all of the prices would change. I must have checked for these to be on sale 100 times in the last year and I really lost respect for the Egg due to all these listing shennanigans. But...I do LOVE the price I finally got them for!!!.

I have had a post-it on my work and home desktop monitors with the sale prices from last year, hope it helps someone else.

RTi A9 $499.99
RTi A7 $299.99
RTi A5 $279.99

RTI A6 (Center): $249.99

RTi A3(Bookself): $249.99/pair

I didn't get prices on the A4 or A1 last year. So far the A1 were $179/pair in Fall 2012.
vivatech likes this.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrang View Post

Glad for everybody that got in on these. I got three A9 for my front three with some A3's for the front uppers from last year's sales. Will probably end up with the bipole surrounds(forgot the number) if the egg doesn't get A7's in stock this holiday season.
Dr. Crash:
That was the deliema I had last year. I wanted 7x of the A7 with 2 subs for our basement theatre/play area, but I missed them on sale last November/December. I then started thinking about the A9's as my front 3 and 4x of the A7 for surrounds and rears but I never saw the A7 in stock and on sale at the same time, then the A9 were sold out. FF 8-9 months and I am ending up with the RTi A9.
Newegg really playes games with these prices, so watch for them. Every other week they had a different status for the whole line. Sometimes two or three items would be discontinued, and one would be in stock for 30% more than MSRP with the other color at MSRP. Then the next wekend, the whole set would be listed but out of stock. The weekend after that all of the prices would change and half of them were not even listed under discontinued(literally just gone from the listing), then the next weekend some would be back as discontinued, some would be in stock all of the prices would change. I must have checked for these to be on sale 100 times in the last year and I really lost respect for the Egg due to all these listing shennanigans. But...I do LOVE the price I finally got them for!!!.
I have had a post-it on my work and home desktop monitors with the sale prices from last year, hope it helps someone else.
RTi A9 $499.99
RTi A7 $299.99
RTi A5 $279.99
RTI A6 (Center): $249.99
RTi A3(Bookself): $249.99/pair
I didn't get prices on the A4 or A1 last year. So far the A1 were $179/pair in Fall 2012.

I am on the hunt for Rti A7 2 for the rear, the RTI A6 center and the Rti A3 for sides myself, I dont see many deals on them. What receiver do you have driving your system and how do they sound?
post #14 of 15 Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

We haven't received the A9's yet(somewhere in Ohio now).

• Onkyo TX NR 808: Works great, but between this and a PS3 I have to keep the cupboard doors open even after I modded our entertainment center to have a back vent. Has never clipped our speakers even blasting loud enough we can hear music out back next to our firepit. There is an HDMI handshake delay that annoys me for some reason, but it has more options than I know what to do with, and enough juice for our livingroom.

• Polk RTi A3: Incredibly clear, and great for our livingroom. However they were on a bookshelf which rattles our wedding photos, so they will be going to the basement as front uppers. I think they would be great on stands, but something this large and heavy is a no-no with little kis. They look awesome and are bigger then you would think, I wish I could have kept them on our main floor. If I can't get A7 for the sides/surrounds, I will probably just get one pair of F/XiA6 surrounds and be done with it.

• Polk RTI A9: Got 3x to go behind an AT screen. We have been planning to get either a Behringer or Emotive to drive the our front 5. I will hook them up to our 808 to test, but I doubt it will be able to stand up with these, the fun will have to wait untill I can find an amp.

Our rack space has a dedicated 20a and 15a line. That's enough juice right?
post #15 of 15 Old 10-14-2012, 05:35 AM

Nobody seems to have the A7's on sale:(
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page