AVS Forum banner

Onkyo TX-NR809 @ Amazon for $450

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  dictator92 
#1 ·
#6 ·
This model is being discontinued. Amazon perhaps had a deal with a supplier who was willing to discount heavily to move the product. It could have been that, when that stock went dry, the price jumped up dramatically. However, it has also been going up throughout the day. The unit has some great features but also had some issues. I would not rate it as an exceptional deal at the current price, which is now more than $800. Even if it turns out to be a great AVR for you, you will always look at it and remember that you paid twice what you could have for it. Amazon is always screwing with prices. I keep products in my cart just to keep track--there is a roll of mounting tape that changes prices sometimes two or three times a day, and by a matter of pennies each time. Seems to me much more trouble than it is worth to constantly change prices, and this is my biggest gripe with Amazon, which is otherwise a great retailer.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceXX  /t/1448595/onkyo-tx-nr809-amazon-for-450#post_22767988

Amazon has increased the price even higher. I have no idea what they're thinking.
It's not Amazon raising the price. It's some company selling via Amazon.

Currently the best price I see on this model is $600 for a factory refurb w/one year warranty. There can't be many of these still around. Onkyo's getting ready to replace the replacement (818) for it soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.