Best buy pioneer bdp62 for 199.00 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,042
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Picked up one this morning to go with my 1522
datranz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
walterappleby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Where?

walterappleby is offline  
post #3 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,042
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
All best but magnolia store
datranz is offline  
post #4 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
walterappleby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
ok, thanks. Still showing $399.98 online at bestbuy.com.

walterappleby is offline  
post #5 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post

ok, thanks. Still showing $399.98 online at bestbuy.com.
As has been stated NUMEROUS?US times. IN store ONLY. Bought two from two different stores in Indiana $199 each, no luck finding the $99 BDP-52's though...
comicguy is offline  
post #6 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Member
 
cos54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

As has been stated NUMEROUS?US times. IN store ONLY. Bought two from two different stores in Indiana $199 each, no luck finding the $99 BDP-52's though...

I was able to grab an open box BDP-52 for 80.00:)
cos54 is offline  
post #7 of 34 Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos54 View Post

I was able to grab an open box BDP-52 for 80.00:)
rrrrrrr. Can't find ANY in my area open or otherwise..
comicguy is offline  
post #8 of 34 Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Member
 
Knightwulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

Picked up one this morning to go with my 1522

I did as well. Just an insane combination for $800.

...and if you're as OCD as I am, you can convert your SC-1522-K to an SC-65 to match your BDP-62FD for ~$130 for the front panel, outer door panel, door and LCD from pacparts.com.
Knightwulf is offline  
post #9 of 34 Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf View Post

I did as well. Just an insane combination for $800.

...and if you're as OCD as I am, you can convert your SC-1522-K to an SC-65 to match your BDP-62FD for ~$130 for the front panel, outer door panel, door and LCD from pacparts.com.
that's cool!

give us some part numbers!
comicguy is offline  
post #10 of 34 Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Knightwulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

that's cool!

give us some part numbers!

From the email I received,

The front panel for the SC65 is a part number 950DQE4244 . Your cost is $78.38. The outer panel for the door is a part number 950DDQ4904 . Your cost is $18.50. The door is a part number 950DPU4232 . Your cost is $12.00. We would need to order these parts from Pioneer. We can have them in stock days after you place your order.

You can order online at http://www.pacparts.com or call our sales staff at 800-421-5080, Mon - Fri, 7:00am to 4:30pm Pacific Time. There is a $10.00 minimum for parts if you place your order by phone.



...and the display is 950DDY4882 for $27.75.
Knightwulf is offline  
post #11 of 34 Old 04-12-2013, 03:28 PM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
cool. I think I will just go with the display...to match the blu ray..
comicguy is offline  
post #12 of 34 Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf View Post

From the email I received,

The front panel for the SC65 is a part number 950DQE4244 . Your cost is $78.38. The outer panel for the door is a part number 950DDQ4904 . Your cost is $18.50. The door is a part number 950DPU4232 . Your cost is $12.00. We would need to order these parts from Pioneer. We can have them in stock days after you place your order.

You can order online at http://www.pacparts.com or call our sales staff at 800-421-5080, Mon - Fri, 7:00am to 4:30pm Pacific Time. There is a $10.00 minimum for parts if you place your order by phone.



...and the display is 950DDY4882 for $27.75.

Sorry dude ... that is just nuts ... but good for you. I would love to see the finished Franken-neer. Please post pics.

Seriously -- that is awesome commitment.

_____________________________________________

My Bargain Basement Theater
Skrill is online now  
post #13 of 34 Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Member
 
Knightwulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post

Sorry dude ... that is just nuts ... but good for you. I would love to see the finished Franken-neer. Please post pics.

Seriously -- that is awesome commitment.

Well, I won't be doing it for a bit...

After dropping $1700 on a new LG 60LM7200 (...and then getting $400 back on a pricematch on the last possible day), $600 on the ~$1400 SC-1522-K and $200 on the $400 BDP-62FD (Still can't believe I put together $3700 worth of gear for $2100) the wife's in a bit of sticker shock. So, I'm laying off for a little while. Just thought I'd share the research I'd done for a future project. I haven't even looked into the viability (or wisdom) of dismantling the receiver yet.
Knightwulf is offline  
post #14 of 34 Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf View Post

Well, I won't be doing it for a bit...

After dropping $1700 on a new LG 60LM7200 (...and then getting $400 back on a pricematch on the last possible day), $600 on the ~$1400 SC-1522-K and $200 on the $400 BDP-62FD (Still can't believe I put together $3700 worth of gear for $2100) the wife's in a bit of sticker shock. So, I'm laying off for a little while. Just thought I'd share the research I'd done for a future project. I haven't even looked into the viability (or wisdom) of dismantling the receiver yet.

I can help you with the wisdom -- it's not

Keep in mind -- that receiver is from Costco -- that's like having a great return warranty on top of the normal Pio warranty. All that would be voided if you mess around with it. But if you do it ... I would love to see it.

_____________________________________________

My Bargain Basement Theater
Skrill is online now  
post #15 of 34 Old 04-13-2013, 07:42 AM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post

I can help you with the wisdom -- it's not

Keep in mind -- that receiver is from Costco -- that's like having a great return warranty on top of the normal Pio warranty. All that would be voided if you mess around with it. But if you do it ... I would love to see it.
At my costco, I could bring this receiver back in three years after dropping it off of my roof and in ten thousand pieces an say I was disappointed that it did not survive being thrown off of my roof and they would refund my money. THAT is how awesome my costco is. Changing out a few parts that could be returned to stock? Pretty sure it won't void the awesome return-ability option, but YMMV.
I am only doing the display but will post some pics when i get around to it..
comicguy is offline  
post #16 of 34 Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
Basketballer34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called my best but to see if they had any in stock and they didn't. But, they could order one and ship it to me! Free shipping.

Between 65" vt50, pioneer 1522k and this, I owe avs forums!
Thanks everyone!
Basketballer34 is offline  
post #17 of 34 Old 04-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Newbie
 
abuwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NW MN
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the idea, just called the Fargo BestBuy, which is not a Magnolia, but was able to buy over the phone and have shipped free. Will look nice with my 1522k, thanks avs!
abuwow is offline  
post #18 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Newbie
 
Thurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf View Post

From the email I received,

The front panel for the SC65 is a part number 950DQE4244 . Your cost is $78.38. The outer panel for the door is a part number 950DDQ4904 . Your cost is $18.50. The door is a part number 950DPU4232 . Your cost is $12.00. We would need to order these parts from Pioneer. We can have them in stock days after you place your order.

You can order online at http://www.pacparts.com or call our sales staff at 800-421-5080, Mon - Fri, 7:00am to 4:30pm Pacific Time. There is a $10.00 minimum for parts if you place your order by phone.



...and the display is 950DDY4882 for $27.75.


Don't forget the backlit power button as well, if you really want it to be perfect. tongue.gif
Thurg is offline  
post #19 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,204
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 218

I think it would be easier to downgrade the BDP-52 to a non-Elite. smile.gif Or picking up the Pioneer 150 at Fry's for $129.

Charles R is offline  
post #20 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Member
 
Knightwulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If there were a similar build to the Elites in the standard series, that would've been my preference, as I prefer the white & silver scheme (without the pretentious Elite badge) anyway.

After having them both for a little while, I've decided it really doesn't bug me that much. If my theatre setup weren't so ghetto, it might be more of a bother, but it's fine.
Knightwulf is offline  
post #21 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,204
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwulf View Post

If there were a similar build to the Elites in the standard series, that would've been my preference, as I prefer the white & silver scheme (without the pretentious Elite badge) anyway.

 

Isn't this it? I'm sure it's missing a feature or two... $129 at Fry's as posted above.

 

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Blu-ray-Disc/Pioneer-Blu-ray-Disc-Players/BDP-150

 

Charles R is offline  
post #22 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Oliver Deplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The 150 is missing the dual HDMI output. A biggie for those 3D lovers with older non-3D receivers who want 3D with HD audio.

Two would seem to be two too many to me too.
Sarcasm is the sincerest form of flattery.
I bid you a fondue.
Oliver Deplace is offline  
post #23 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,042
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
wow the remote looks to be easier to use too.
datranz is offline  
post #24 of 34 Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Edllguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I missed this good deal on the BDP-62FD. Will this ever be offered again or will I only find out when walking into a Magnolia store and just happen to see it sitting there on sale?

Thanks
Edllguy is online now  
post #25 of 34 Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Member
 
benfica1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

I missed this good deal on the BDP-62FD. Will this ever be offered again or will I only find out when walking into a Magnolia store and just happen to see it sitting there on sale?

Thanks
Still available in store for $199. Picked one up this weekend.

benfica1 is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 04-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Member
 
techno20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was in Bestbuy yesterday and was told by the Magnolia rep that they were no longer on sale. Looked at the display and no sale topper with the $199 price.

Called my local Bestbuy today and was told they are still on sale for $199.99 through Saturday night... Go figure!
techno20 is offline  
post #27 of 34 Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Member
 
ragincajun5220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i just bought one at my local magnolia / bestbuy here in Houston, price was 199.99

about to hook it up, hope the sound quality on pandora via the player is better than streaming from my phone over airplay.

i am combining it with my sc-1222k

thanks for the headsup guys!
ragincajun5220 is offline  
post #28 of 34 Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Member
 
upsfeedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Magnolia will be raising the price to 249.99 due to people trying to units in bulk...i know this im an employee of Magnolia..
upsfeedr is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 05-04-2013, 08:23 AM
 
comicguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsfeedr View Post

Magnolia will be raising the price to 249.99 due to people trying to units in bulk...i know this im an employee of Magnolia..
Yes, and I have a bridge to sell as well.....
comicguy is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Member
 
nater1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I grabbed two of these the other day (one for my parents)... Those were the last two at the store. I went in yesterday, and suddenly they had another 10 or so. I asked where they came from and they apparently transfered them in from another store. Btw, my store has a magnolia, and they were doing the sale
nater1 is offline  
Reply Great Found Deals

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off