Price Protection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 191

I consider it a pretty good deal since I have used the service on items posted here. My credit card company (several I'm presuming) provides price protection up to $500 per purchase up to $2,500 annually. If you find the item for less within 90 days (at a non auction site) they will mail you a check for the difference. The paperwork is pretty much like applying for a rebate... scan and email a few pages to them.

Makes reading the deals here a little easier when you just purchased it a few days ago!

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Nice advice and this is a great way to comparison shop, but with the internet now a days it is almost too easy to comparison shop prices from 20 stores in a few hours rather than needing a few days.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

In my (recent) case I received two checks from the protection company for a receiver I purchased from Newegg. They lowered the price twice (within 90 days of purchase) and I emailed them a copy both times. Within a couple of weeks I had a check for the difference.

| 
|
|
|
post #4 of 6 Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
can you PM me a link to whatever this is? I'd like to do it for the new Xbox since I suspect it will have a price drop if sales into the holiday are poor.

------------------------------------
post #5 of 6 Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Simply call your credit card company and ask if they offer such protection. In my case they do... I didn't realize it until one day I received mail highlighting all of the card's features. Another one is Insurance per se. We had water overflow from the washer and it dripped/ran down to the room directly beneath and into my VOIP box. Again within x days if there is some type of accident they will refund the purchase price. Presuming no one else would cover the lose such as the place you purchased it or your regular insurance (it was way below my deductible). I filed a claim and was about through the process when it magically starting working again (days later) so I called and cancelled it.

| 
|
|
|
post #6 of 6 Old 08-17-2013, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed my credit card company has this same thing, but has anyone found any good websites that will help automate this? I know about camel camel but it only works for 2-3. Thanks!
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page