Now $549 - Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.2 Channel Network Ready AV Receiver (50% off) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was originally $1100 Now only $549
Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.2 Channel Network Ready AV Receiver

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM

$499 at newegg today with promo code EMCYTZT3594
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/June-0-2013/Weekend15/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS061513&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS061513-_-EMC-061513-Index-_-E0C-_-SeeAll
Old 06-15-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I see $540 where are you finding $499 if this is true I am on it.

KJ
Old 06-15-2013, 09:41 AM

hit the link and scroll down it's right there, you have to use promo code EMCYTZT3594
Old 06-15-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I can't find it either

Old 06-17-2013, 03:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Found it and ordered it :-) Newegg has it listed for $1099 again eek.gif

KJ
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 AM

Liked: 13
Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Went back up $649.00 today at Newegg 06/17/2012 the Ebay link above is still valid at $549.00 today

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

They changed the price in a matter of hours from $1099 to $649 and from $499 on Sunday WOW!!!!!!

KJ
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post

They changed the price in a matter of hours from $1099 to $649 and from $499 on Sunday WOW!!!!!!

Typical New Egg bait and switch

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post

That's really kind of an ignorant post. Newegg does not usually pull "bait and switch". More often than not, these type of deals are what they term "shell shocker" and are only available for a limited time.These deals often run out pretty fast as well. Have spent THOUSANDS with newegg this year alone and I would consider them one of the more reputable companies to deal with via the internet.

the $499 pricing with the special code clearly was listed as expiring on 11:59pm PT on Sunday, 6/16/2013!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
agree with above post.

If you get Newegg's sales emails, you get notification of these sales in time to take advantage of them. Shell Shocker deals are posted every morning with clear time limits for purchase.

You have to be a little proactive to insure notification of their sales and the terms of the sales. Well worth the effort

I have bought many items (computer as well as A/V) from Newegg, both on sale and some shell shocker items. Excellent service and usually free shipping is included on the deals.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:05 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

This is not a bait and switch.....

Bait and switch would be when you ordered and bought it at one price and then was charged a different price. Newegg just has alot of "sales" that you have to be aware of while they are available. I have ordered several items from Newegg and have always gotten what I ordered, for the price listed, and everything has been fine.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales but also practiced in other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by merchants' advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods are not available, or the customers are pressured by sales people to consider similar, but higher priced items ("switching").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe bait and switch was a poor choice of words . @ comicguy no need be rude however rudeness and ignorance frequently accompany one and other maybe in your case as well?
Glad to see some here can read Wikipedia :-) So... any lawyers in the house or no?

Newegg frequently sends out emails yes I get them frequently items are very soon out of stock other retailers do this limited to stock on hand and when it runs out it runs out it's a common retail practice or when the sale has a specific time ending I failed to note before I commented my bad.

At Newegg it seems to be more frequent and they seem to run of sale items out sooner at Newegg than Amazon or Best buy same with Fry's just the way it is.
I was in corporate retail management for many years for some fortune 100 companies much larger than new Egg so I am familiar with these things.

I bought 2 new TV's this year , 2 new computers a 3 in one ,2 new Monitors and peripherals last year , more recently a video card and a sound card a remote wireless mini keyboard For WMC and a wifi blue ray player a new router and some other stuff oh and cables.

. I found substantially better deals on the TV's at Best Buy in the store than Newegg had on the same model name brand TV sets

New egg did have decent deals on name brand monitors but Amazon had the same price and free two day shipping for prime members. New Egg had decent deals on some computers .

. The PC's I wanted were on line at Newegg at a decent price I would have bought them right then but they were out of stock so I went to HP direct and got the same pre configured units for the same price.

Newegg has a lot of stuff but often the deals are usually just as good at Amazon on most things and they usually have the items in stock.
Amazon offers free shipping over $25.00 and free 2 day shipping for Prime members . I have a prime membership so it works for me .

I've tried to shop Newegg but so far they have been been beat out by Amazon and BB every time at least on the things I bought all the BB purchases in store so I can't say how fast they ship. No hassle returns or return shipping at Amazon either just saying. New egg reminds me of a Giant Fry's nothing wrong with that they do have a lot of stuff and some good deals depending on what and when you buy just like any other store .

Old 06-22-2013, 06:48 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Maybe bait and switch was a poor choice of words . @ comicguy no need be rude however rudeness and ignorance frequently accompany one and other maybe in your case as well?
Glad to see some here can read Wikipedia :-) So... any lawyers in the house or no?

Newegg frequently sends out emails yes I get them frequently items are very soon out of stock other retailers do this limited to stock on hand and when it runs out it runs out it's a common retail practice or when the sale has a specific time ending I failed to note before I commented my bad.

At Newegg it seems to be more frequent and they seem to run of sale items out sooner at Newegg than Amazon or Best buy same with Fry's just the way it is.
I was in corporate retail management for many years for some fortune 100 companies much larger than new Egg so I am familiar with these things.

I bought 2 new TV's this year , 2 new computers a 3 in one ,2 new Monitors and peripherals last year , more recently a video card and a sound card a remote wireless mini keyboard For WMC and a wifi blue ray player a new router and some other stuff oh and cables.

. I found substantially better deals on the TV's at Best Buy in the store than Newegg had on the same model name brand TV sets

New egg did have decent deals on name brand monitors but Amazon had the same price and free two day shipping for prime members. New Egg had decent deals on some computers .

. The PC's I wanted were on line at Newegg at a decent price I would have bought them right then but they were out of stock so I went to HP direct and got the same pre configured units for the same price.

Newegg has a lot of stuff but often the deals are usually just as good at Amazon on most things and they usually have the items in stock.
Amazon offers free shipping over $25.00 and free 2 day shipping for Prime members . I have a prime membership so it works for me .

I've tried to shop Newegg but so far they have been been beat out by Amazon and BB every time at least on the things I bought all the BB purchases in store so I can't say how fast they ship. No hassle returns or return shipping at Amazon either just saying. New egg reminds me of a Giant Fry's nothing wrong with that they do have a lot of stuff and some good deals depending on what and when you buy just like any other store .

If I was trying to be rude I would have typed "Bait and Switch??! Are you a moron??!" That I would have considered "rude"...biggrin.gif
But instead I opted for ignorance, that perhaps you did not know that "bait and switch" actually was...
Old 06-22-2013, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

If I was trying to be rude I would have typed "Bait and Switch??! Are you a moron??!" That I would have considered "rude"...biggrin.gif
But instead I opted for ignorance, that perhaps you did not know that "bait and switch" actually was...

You just proved my point and at the same time answered my question ! biggrin.gif