Denon AVR-E400 and Yamaha RX-V675 for $299 @ FRYS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-16-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Prices are valid till this Thu. The online ad does not mention the brand or the model, but i saw these two for $299 in store. Pretty decent for a starter or a smaller setup. Be warned that the denon does not accept banana terminals. It has spring loaded ones that seem to take only bare wire. A bummer in my book. Yamaha seems better built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Which one is a good purchase for well equipped media room. I am looking for 7.1 setup with projector in media room and one more TV in game room with 2 speakers. Is it good idea to get HDMI splitter instead of 2 hdmi out receiver to optimize cost.
Also reading about YPAO being inferior to Audyssey. Does it make any difference for novice user like me.
Thanks,
post #3 of 8 Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Depends on what speakers you have, and how loud you listen. If they are reasonably efficient, and you don't listen to music/movies loud, yamaha is not a bad choice. Dual HDMI outputs are normally seen in a slightly higher end receivers. So a splitter from monoprice is a better option to keep costs down. I think YPAO is decent. The E400 has only the entry level audyssey ...so i don't expect it to be that much better than YPAO.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonix View Post

Depends on what speakers you have, and how loud you listen. If they are reasonably efficient, and you don't listen to music/movies loud, yamaha is not a bad choice. Dual HDMI outputs are normally seen in a slightly higher end receivers. So a splitter from monoprice is a better option to keep costs down. I think YPAO is decent. The E400 has only the entry level audyssey ...so i don't expect it to be that much better than YPAO.
Hi cacophonix,
Thanks for the information. We have 7.1 JBL speaker setup in media room. We would like to use media room for watching movies during weekend/holidays. We have 5.1 Definitive speaker setup in living room which we will be using for day to day. I would like to purchase 2 receivers. Dining room/ patio stereo speakers will be connected to living room receiver. I would like to connect game room stereo speakers and TV to media room receiver if possible.

Thanks
post #5 of 8 Old 06-17-2013, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can use banana plugs on all of the speaker terminals except for the left front speaker. The plug hits one of the RCA terminals and causes a short.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-17-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Prices are valid till this Thu. The online ad does not mention the brand or the model, but i saw these two for $299 in store. Pretty decent for a starter or a smaller setup. Be warned that the denon does not accept banana terminals. It has spring loaded ones that seem to take only bare wire. A bummer in my book. Yamaha seems better built.

Thanks for the savings!

Went to Fry's in Irving (635/Olympus) and picked it up
Denon E400
post #7 of 8 Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:

Hi,
Do i get better version of YPAO with Yamaha RX-A720 / A820 receiver. I am looking at some display models. With the splitter, I should be able to connect projector and TV and use zone to for playing sound on external stereo speakers right?
Thanks
post #8 of 8 Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM

Picked up the 675 today for $300 + tax. Thanks for the tips. Fry's was out of stock but I got a raincheck and price matched at Best Buy. Now have to return my other 675 to crutchfield once it arrives.
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Denon Avr E400 , Yamaha Rx V675 7 2 Channel Network Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - E400 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page