Pioneer SE-A1000 headphones for $46.97 on Amazon.com - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 2173
The Pioneer SE-A1000 can hold its own against heady competition, such as AKG's K701/702 but at a much lower price point. However with a price of $46.97 on Amazon, I'd say it's literally impossible to find a better headphone for less money—true full-range, audiophile quality for under $50 is a rarity.

A number of other retailers are selling them for between $50 and $65, including Sears for $59. I originally noticed them at a Best Buy Magnolia on Clearance for $60, but I had them price-matched to Amazon.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
how would this compare to sony MDR 7506 and audio technica ATH-M50? i got the M50 just two weeks ago.

XIM edge, ps3, yamaha RX-A1000, adcom GFAii, polk SDA2a, 65" toshiba LCD......more and more to come.....work, work, work!!!!
post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygax View Post

how would this compare to sony MDR 7506 and audio technica ATH-M50? i got the M50 just two weeks ago.

Those are both closed-back, studio-oriented headphones. The SE-A1000 has a more expansive soundstage, and sounds airier, but bass rolls off a bit quicker. The huge earpads and open-back design make the SE-A1000 much more comfortable for long session listening, but they don't block any external noise. The SE-A1000 is a very different design vs. the two models you mention.

This is one of the most engaging headphone models I have ever listened to, but bass-lovers used to full-sized closed-back headphones might not like the way open-back designs sound in general. When compared to the highly popular AKG 701/702 series, the Pioneer compares very favorably at a fraction of the price.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page