Pinnacle Speakers @ Woot - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Not too familiar with them but they seem to be a good deal and lots to choose from...

http://www.woot.com/plus/go-tell-it-on-the-pinnacle-speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 407
I have a pair of their BD650's I use for surrounds, very good 3 way bookshelf that can take a lot of power.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Liked: 10
I bought a baby boomer sub during a previous Woot Pinnacle event and it is a very very good sub. I prefer it by a large margin over my previous DT supercube 2 sub.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 AM

Liked: 15
pm sent.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 AM

Liked: 12
Posting this on this thread as well as it applies also:
I was reading this thread to see other experiences with pinnacle speakers. I received the qp9 as a gift from my sister who thought she was purchasing me a "sound bar". She got a great deal for this speaker bar on woot.com and there's really no way of just returning in there anyway so of course this gives me all the motivation needed to upset the spouse and upgrade the family room HT. I run out and get a marantz nr1403 on sale.. the qp9 sounds great...I add my surrounds, some old klh bookshelfs I've had sitting around forever. I need a sub so I take a look at woot.com and hey they're having a pinnacle speaker sale. I pick up their ps225 sub cause it had decent reviews and seemed like a steal for the price at 130$ shipped. The moment I plug this thing in the caps explode on the amp and smoke rolls out of the port tube!! I'm in shock...there's goes my money right? I email woot which I've learned is basically pointless... at the same time I email pinnacles support directly and post to the discussion forum on woot which was being moderated by a member of pinnacle. The person on the forum assured me he would contact me off forum and arrange an exchange..a couple days passed when Collin Black replied to my original email to pinnacle support. They sent me a shipping label and asked me to remove the plate amp, box it up and send it in for repair. I'm still eagarly awaiting the return of the fixed amp... I can't imagine my power would have caused this since I have other equipment hooked up to the same outlet with no issues. However I'm not using any power conditioners upstairs.... so far I'm pleased with the response and service I've received from pinnacle. I'll update once I get the amp back and sub running. Overall this is my first experience with pinnacle and I'm happy with the qp9 so far it sounds great for what it is. As far as future pinnacle purchases it will depend on how pleased I am with this sub when it gets back. One oddity I noticed after I pulled the trigger on buying it was that there is no power switch on the p225 sub.... its just on if its plugged in...huh?
post #6 of 9 Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbaduchi View Post

Posting this on this thread as well as it applies also:
I was reading this thread to see other experiences with pinnacle speakers. I received the qp9 as a gift from my sister who thought she was purchasing me a "sound bar". She got a great deal for this speaker bar on woot.com and there's really no way of just returning in there anyway so of course this gives me all the motivation needed to upset the spouse and upgrade the family room HT. I run out and get a marantz nr1403 on sale.. the qp9 sounds great...I add my surrounds, some old klh bookshelfs I've had sitting around forever. I need a sub so I take a look at woot.com and hey they're having a pinnacle speaker sale. I pick up their ps225 sub cause it had decent reviews and seemed like a steal for the price at 130$ shipped. The moment I plug this thing in the caps explode on the amp and smoke rolls out of the port tube!! I'm in shock...there's goes my money right? I email woot which I've learned is basically pointless... at the same time I email pinnacles support directly and post to the discussion forum on woot which was being moderated by a member of pinnacle. The person on the forum assured me he would contact me off forum and arrange an exchange..a couple days passed when Collin Black replied to my original email to pinnacle support. They sent me a shipping label and asked me to remove the plate amp, box it up and send it in for repair. I'm still eagarly awaiting the return of the fixed amp... I can't imagine my power would have caused this since I have other equipment hooked up to the same outlet with no issues. However I'm not using any power conditioners upstairs.... so far I'm pleased with the response and service I've received from pinnacle. I'll update once I get the amp back and sub running. Overall this is my first experience with pinnacle and I'm happy with the qp9 so far it sounds great for what it is. As far as future pinnacle purchases it will depend on how pleased I am with this sub when it gets back. One oddity I noticed after I pulled the trigger on buying it was that there is no power switch on the p225 sub.... its just on if its plugged in...huh?

I hope this all works out for you. It probably turns on automatically once it gets a signal from your amp over the RCA cable. So if it doesn't turn right on at first turn up the volume a little. Good luck.
Mrbaduchi likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 AM

Received my amp back today from pinnacle..fixed at no charge, with a decent turn around time even with slow ground shipping. Hooked it up and even at half volume and audyessy setting the sub to -12db this budget 12" sub has quite an output! I would rate my overall experience with pinnacle as positive so far. On another good note I received a response from woot.com a couple ouhf days ago as well. They offered to give me a refund or wait to see if they had any replacements in their inventory after the woot off was over...

Considering everything is already fixed I won't be needing to deal with them further...I did notice they are selling a lot of tv and ht gear including some projectors right now. Just in time for superbowl no doubt.

As far as the sub goes I'm not seeing any auto power off with no signal or anything like that. A power switch on this sub would have been a nice addition..not sure what possesed them to leave it out of the design..overall for 130$ with shipping I'm pleased.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbaduchi View Post

Received my amp back today from pinnacle..fixed at no charge, with a decent turn around time even with slow ground shipping. Hooked it up and even at half volume and audyessy setting the sub to -12db this budget 12" sub has quite an output! I would rate my overall experience with pinnacle as positive so far. On another good note I received a response from woot.com a couple ouhf days ago as well. They offered to give me a refund or wait to see if they had any replacements in their inventory after the woot off was over...

Considering everything is already fixed I won't be needing to deal with them further...I did notice they are selling a lot of tv and ht gear including some projectors right now. Just in time for superbowl no doubt.

As far as the sub goes I'm not seeing any auto power off with no signal or anything like that. A power switch on this sub would have been a nice addition..not sure what possesed them to leave it out of the design..overall for 130$ with shipping I'm pleased.

Good for you smile.gif
post #9 of 9 Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM

So I've had the pinnacle ps225 sub in operation for a couple days..I had it hooked up solely to an mp800 surge protector/"power cleaner" its been performing fine but during some extended lows I noticed a clicking sound from the surge protector. This happened off and on a couple of times but then when I powered it on last night I noticed the protection led was out.... it seems the sub burned it out? I've never had anything like this happen before...is this normal? The mp800 surge pro has been in operation for a few years on a computer system prior to this..do they just get old or could the subs amp been pulling too much power and burned it out. There never seemed to be any interupption in power during the clicking. This sub also makes noise everytime its turned on/plugged in and when it powers off seems like the caps take a moment to discharge and the speakers makes a liitle pop when the power light fades. Just never experienced anything of this nature...
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page