Polk Speaker Sale - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
As I posted earlier, there were issues with my order and Polk but, I finally found out this morning that my order did actually go through and will ship today.

The customer service rep I was talking to told me that the promo was only supposed to go out to a very small select group. Somehow it got out and Polk got slammed with orders. He told me their normal order day is around 50 orders or so. By the time they shut this down, they were well over 2,000 orders! I have to give major Kudos to Polk for honoring all of our orders.

habe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got my delivery yesterday and all I can say is wow. Nice looking speakers, great sound and wish I had bought more! biggrin.gif:D
Thanks for the tip SupaKats!
post #63 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjenmiller View Post

Got my delivery yesterday and all I can say is wow. Nice looking speakers, great sound and wish I had bought more! biggrin.gif:D
Thanks for the tip SupaKats!

Wish I had the money to buy more. Glad you are happy with it.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #64 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 AM

Liked: 10
Has anyone received anything that was ordered during the "Family and Friends" Sale? I ordered last Saturday and have not gotten any kind of E-mail or charges to my card.
post #65 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10 View Post

Has anyone received anything that was ordered during the "Family and Friends" Sale? I ordered last Saturday and have not gotten any kind of E-mail or charges to my card.

Call the 800 number on Polks site.

They got swamped and have had issues but have quickly resolved most of them. Did you get a confirmation email with an order number?

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #66 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 PM

I ordered lat Friday night.. Order number was like 354 and just arrived via a tractor trailer and on pallets. I ordered the RTiA 9," and center. Just unboxing now.
post #67 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsamples View Post

I ordered lat Friday night.. Order number was like 354 and just arrived via a tractor trailer and on pallets. I ordered the RTiA 9," and center. Just unboxing now.

We love to see pics and hear people's impressions over in the polk thread

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

post #68 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10 View Post

I just received mine about 2 hours ago.

I also placed the order this past Saturday.

When i had not gotten any email/updates from Polk, i started calling them by Tuesday. I was told the estimated time of delivery was Wednesday.
Nothing was delivered on Wednesday.

I called them again on Thursday, got the tracking number and the name of the carrier (Estes), one i had never heard of.
I looked them up on the web, got their phone number and gave them a call directly.

The lady i spoke told me my package was in the truck ready for delivery today.
When i had not received any delivery phone call by 1 pm , i called them again. While on the phone with them the driver was on the phone trying to reach to be sure i was home.

Could have been better coordinated, but all's well that ends well.

By the way, when i checked my account this morning, i had not been charged for the speakers yet.

Receiver: Onkyo NR818
Speakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6
SUB: Rythmik LV12R X2
Source: Pioneer BDP62FD
Display:Panasonic TC P50S60
post #69 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post

When i had not gotten any email/updates from Polk, i started calling them by Tuesday. I was told the estimated time of delivery was Wednesday.

I called them again on Thursday, got the tracking number and the name of the carrier (Estes), one i had never heard of.
I looked them up on the web, got their phone number and gave them a call directly.

When i had not received any delivery phone call by 1 pm , i called them again. While on the phone with them the driver was on the phone trying to reach to be sure i was home.

By the way, when i checked my account this morning, i had not been charged for the speakers yet.

And yes, they are beautiful!

They are just the right height and mass for the space they are going to be used in.

Still trying to narrow down a compatible receiver.

Not rushing anything..

Receiver: Onkyo NR818
Speakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6
SUB: Rythmik LV12R X2
Source: Pioneer BDP62FD
Display:Panasonic TC P50S60
post #70 of 74 Old 08-23-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post

Looks awesome

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

post #71 of 74 Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM

Anybody know if there will be another sale like this one that will ever happen again?
I'm looking at jumping all over some Polk audio tower speakers and figured I would ask.
MassConfusion likes this.
post #72 of 74 Old 09-16-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadillac View Post

Anybody know if there will be another sale like this one that will ever happen again?
I'm looking at jumping all over some Polk audio tower speakers and figured I would ask.

No idea.  I haven never seen one this good before.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

post #73 of 74 Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM

Liked: 14
Newegg does random unadvertised weekend sales, but you have to be careful, be ready to pull the trigger first thing in the AM, and watch carefully for the best prices.

Rti A Line
Towers
Rti A9 $499each I have only seen these for lower twice in the 2+ years I have been watching. This last F&F sale from polk, and once from the egg for $399each.
Rti A7 $299each
Rti A5 $279 each

Surround
Rti A3 $249 pair
Rti A1 ???

Center
CSi A6 $249 each
CSi A4 ???

If you are interested in the Rti A line at Newegg, you have to be careful. When I was looking to purchase, they had really erratic listings. I called them a few times but they said it was all automated. One day the entire line will be listed and priced correctly @ MSRP, then another day some will be listed as discontinued, some will be twice the MSRP, and some just completely gone from the site. Then another day one color will be listed on sale but out of stock, while the other is $150 above MSRP. Since the weekend sales are unadvertised, the only thing I can think of is their listings must have versioning issues. They are also erratic with the Iron Egg Guarantee. Sometimes it will be active Monday and tuesday, then not on wed, but will be again on Thurs...

If your willing to look past the listing/price shennanigans, they do have the best prices I have been able to find. Minus the Friends and Family sale of course.
post #74 of 74 Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrang View Post

Newegg does random unadvertised weekend sales, but you have to be careful, be ready to pull the trigger first thing in the AM, and watch carefully for the best prices.

Rti A Line
Towers
Rti A9 $499each I have only seen these for lower twice in the 2+ years I have been watching. This last F&F sale from polk, and once from the egg for $399each.
Rti A7 $299each
Rti A5 $279 each

Surround
Rti A3 $249 pair
Rti A1 ???

Center
CSi A6 $249 each
CSi A4 ???

If you are interested in the Rti A line at Newegg, you have to be careful. When I was looking to purchase, they had really erratic listings. I called them a few times but they said it was all automated. One day the entire line will be listed and priced correctly @ MSRP, then another day some will be listed as discontinued, some will be twice the MSRP, and some just completely gone from the site. Then another day one color will be listed on sale but out of stock, while the other is $150 above MSRP. Since the weekend sales are unadvertised, the only thing I can think of is their listings must have versioning issues. They are also erratic with the Iron Egg Guarantee. Sometimes it will be active Monday and tuesday, then not on wed, but will be again on Thurs...

If your willing to look past the listing/price shennanigans, they do have the best prices I have been able to find. Minus the Friends and Family sale of course.

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the rti a5 but if i see the a7 at 299 i'll jump on that. Guess ill be visiting thr site multiple times a day.
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page