Polk Speaker Sale - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 74 Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 99
50% Off + Free shipping @ Polk Audio Store (starts 8/16)
t's true - between 8/16 and 8/18, save 50% on everything we sell at polkaudio.com by following these three simple steps:

Head to: http://friendsandfamily.polkaudio.com
Enter this username: friends
Enter this password: Friends4Life (case sensitive)
Once you're in, you'll see our prices slashed for everyone in our extended Polk family.

As always, shipping is FREE on all orders at polkaudio.com, and our award-winning Customer Service team always has your back!

This exclusive offer lasts three days only starting at 12:00am ET on August 16, 2013 and ending at 11:59pm ET on August 18, 2013.

Prices seem to be live already. Prices are also cheaper than the Polk eBay store and will have a longer warranty since they are new in box. I believe tax is charged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How would the satellite speakers compare to dennon or jamo 369 or minx 21??
post #3 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it just me or is this an unbelievable awesome deal? I might purchase some A9s and a micro sub
post #4 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Simply unbelievable! I am contemplating between the A7's and the 550t's and their respective center speakers.
I just have not seen a whole lot of reviews of the TSx series.

I may add some surrounds and sub IF they have a system that allows payment over 6 mos.

Receiver: Onkyo NR818
Speakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6
SUB: Rythmik LV12R X2
Source: Pioneer BDP62FD
Display:Panasonic TC P50S60
post #5 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlillemon View Post

How would the satellite speakers compare to dennon or jamo 369 or minx 21??

No idea sorry.

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #6 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cksasquatch View Post

Is it just me or is this an unbelievable awesome deal? I might purchase some A9s and a micro sub

Insane deal.

Equipment

post #7 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post

Simply unbelievable! I am contemplating between the A7's and the 550t's and their respective center speakers.
I just have not seen a whole lot of reviews of the TSx series.

I may add some surrounds and sub IF they have a system that allows payment over 6 mos.

I think the A7's should be much better. The TSX is basically the monitors in the RTI shaped cabinet.

Also I think you can get six month payment. Of it doesn't show anything you might call and ask.

Equipment

post #8 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

I think the A7's should be much better. The TSX is basically the monitors in the RTI shaped cabinet.

Also I think you can get six month payment. Of it doesn't show anything you might call and ask.

I will be calling before the day is done.

And thanks for sharing this info.

Receiver: Onkyo NR818
Speakers:Fronts: Polk Rti A7 /Center: Polk csiA6 /Surrounds: Polk Fxi A6
SUB: Rythmik LV12R X2
Source: Pioneer BDP62FD
Display:Panasonic TC P50S60
post #9 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post

I will be calling before the day is done.

And thanks for sharing this info.

No problem

Equipment

post #10 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I need powerful sats to fill a room, ill worry about sub later
post #11 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
SupaKats,

Thanks! That is a great deal! I've been wanting to get a pair of FXiA4 surrounds to go with my RtiA5's and CSiA6 for a while. A pair of new FXia4's for $199 shipped was waaaay too good to pass up. Just order up and says they'll be FedEx'd at my door in 5 days or less!

One note for everyone thinking of ordering, Polk did charge sales tax to my state (WV) but, no biggie.....
post #12 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

SupaKats,

Thanks! That is a great deal! I've been wanting to get a pair of FXiA4 surrounds to go with my RtiA5's and CSiA6 for a while. A pair of new FXia4's for $199 shipped was waaaay too good to pass up. Just order up and says they'll be FedEx'd at my door in 5 days or less!

One note for everyone thinking of ordering, Polk did charge sales tax to my state (WV) but, no biggie.....

Glad it could help.

Some people are claiming no tax charged so that may be hit or miss.

Equipment

post #13 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Liked: 14
The RTi A7 @$249/each is tempting for sides and rear, but WAF will only allow the F/XiA6 surrounds @ $250/pair biggrin.gif Thank you!!!

RTi A9 for $374.98 is better than the Egg's best last winter too.

Tax in NY, no shipping.

post #14 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Liked: 11
I'm not a complete novice, but gotta ask - does Polk sell their speakers in "pairs" or is the price per speaker??

And if so, why would anyone only buy only 1 speaker? rolleyes.gif
post #15 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Depends on which ones you are talking about. They should be 50% off MRSP so that is one way to compare. In general all towers are singles, all centers are dongles and bookshelfs/surrounds are pairs. The exception is I think slim bookshelfs are singles.

This is pretty standard among all speaker manufacturers.

Equipment

post #16 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:52 PM

Tax was charged to me in IL. But still unbelievable deals. I got great deals on all my speakers when I bought them. But this sale blows the prices away. Finally ordered my 2nd DSW Pro 660. Thanks a million for the link.
post #17 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ecto View Post

Tax was charged to me in IL. But still unbelievable deals. I got great deals on all my speakers when I bought them. But this sale blows the prices away. Finally ordered my 2nd DSW Pro 660. Thanks a million for the link.

I was charges tax too once I finally placed my order. Glad it was of help.

Equipment

post #18 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 08:11 PM

I was charged Tax for Georgia. I ordered the RTiA9's and the CSiA6. Had been contemplating going the cheaper route with these versus Paradigm Monitor 11's and Center 3 and with this sale it just saved me about 1200.00 to go towards an entertainment console so thanks!
post #19 of 74 Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Starting to wonder if my order got jacked up which, would be par for the course with my luck.....

Placed my order, had to sign up for account, entered CC info, completed order, showed order was accepted and gave me a ship time estimate, everything appeared OK. Closed out and had to go (was running late for something, figured I would get a confirmation email). Checked for email when I got back home, nothing. Tried to log into the account I set up, nothing, like it doesn't exist. Called Polk and spoke to a Peggy but it was after hours and there were no operators there. Peggy couldn't access the system to see what was up. It sounds like there will be no one available to talk to until monday morning which, is after the sale is over. I'm a little worried at this point......

Did anyone else who ordered already get a confirmation? Account sign up go OK?

Thanks, habe
post #20 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

Starting to wonder if my order got jacked up which, would be par for the course with my luck.....

Placed my order, had to sign up for account, entered CC info, completed order, showed order was accepted and gave me a ship time estimate, everything appeared OK. Closed out and had to go (was running late for something, figured I would get a confirmation email). Checked for email when I got back home, nothing. Tried to log into the account I set up, nothing, like it doesn't exist. Called Polk and spoke to a Peggy but it was after hours and there were no operators there. Peggy couldn't access the system to see what was up. It sounds like there will be no one available to talk to until monday morning which, is after the sale is over. I'm a little worried at this point......

Did anyone else who ordered already get a confirmation? Account sign up go OK?

Thanks, habe

I got a confirmation and my order shows as processing on the site. One of the guys in the polk thread ordered multiple times and one of his orders didn't go through so he had to place that order again. If you aren't showing anything yet you might just order again and see if that goes through. If it does just call Monday to verify that only one order has gone through and you only get charged once.

Equipment

post #21 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsamples View Post

I was charged Tax for Georgia. I ordered the RTiA9's and the CSiA6. Had been contemplating going the cheaper route with these versus Paradigm Monitor 11's and Center 3 and with this sale it just saved me about 1200.00 to go towards an entertainment console so thanks!

10% commission for saving you so much? biggrin.gif
gsamples likes this.

Equipment

post #22 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 AM

What would be a good Center & Bookshelf Setup on this deal??? Or ones that would match well, help smile.gif Also, are the bookshelf speakers in "pairs?"
post #23 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamITR View Post

What would be a good Center & Bookshelf Setup on this deal??? Or ones that would match well, help smile.gif Also, are the bookshelf speakers in "pairs?"

All bookshelf except lsmi are in a pair.

Do you have a general budget you would like to stay with?

Equipment

post #24 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Liked: 13
Guys.. How about this setup for a new HT build.. Am thinking 7.1 setup for 17"-6' X 13"-0' (Media Room).. Just don't want to regret or feel going overboard later.
If there are cheaper/better option please feel free to correct me as i am a novice trying to gather some info.
Center - CSiA6 Black
Tower - RTiA9 Black (2)
Surround - F/XiA6 Black
Sub - DSW PRO 660 wi Black

Also need to know which Amp/Reciever & Projector/Screen to go with the above... Budget is around 3000 for the whole setup( few hundred here n there is fine.)
What else do i need to complete my setup. Can the experts chime in before it's too late...Cheers !
post #25 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncube2 View Post

Guys.. How about this setup for a new HT build.. Am thinking 7.1 setup for 17"-6' X 13"-0' (Media Room).. Just don't want to regret or feel going overboard later.
If there are cheaper/better option please feel free to correct me as i am a novice trying to gather some info.
Center - CSiA6 Black
Tower - RTiA9 Black (2)
Surround - F/XiA6 Black
Sub - DSW PRO 660 wi Black

Also need to know which Amp/Reciever & Projector/Screen to go with the above... Budget is around 3000 for the whole setup( few hundred here n there is fine.)
What else do i need to complete my setup. Can the experts chime in before it's too late...Cheers !

Are you looking at 4 of the FX. You could do 2 on the side and either A1 or A3 in the back to save a little. Also in the room you could probably go wi the fx 4 instead of 6. If you don't want to fave to get an extra amp you could look at the A5 or 7.

For the receiver look in the ~500 range and try and find something with pre outs if you think you will ever add an amp.

For Pj/scree check out visual apex and look at their combo packages. Probably either the BenQ 1070 or epson 8350.

If you check out my thread in my sig I have a lot of this stuff and love it.
ncube2 likes this.

Equipment

post #26 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
i dont get it why dont they specify single/pair...

owm3 is 74 doesnt say single/pair is sold on amazon as a pair 100$
owm5 is 100$ just like everywhere else unless 100 is for a pair...
post #27 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post

i dont get it why dont they specify single/pair...

owm3 is 74 doesnt say single/pair is sold on amazon as a pair 100$
owm5 is 100$ just like everywhere else unless 100 is for a pair...

It is confusing but in the main polk site the 3's are listed as pair and the 5's as single.

Equipment

post #28 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 09:36 AM

Don't skimp on the subwoofer. I ordered the RTiA 9's and CSiA 6 center but plan on looking into one or two of these

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/power-x/products/xv15

I current have an older 12 " PW2000 Paradigm sub and plan on replacing it with the 15's. Normally you can get better bank for you buck on the internet direct subwoofer dealers. Even though 50% off is not bad I think you can have a better system with a non Polk sub.
post #29 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Anyone have any experience with Polk outdoor speakers?

post #30 of 74 Old 08-17-2013, 09:59 AM

Budget of $300 ... to replace a HTIB setup.
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page