Panasonic TC-P65VT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV $2,399.98 at Amazon - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 12-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Panasonic TC-P65VT60 is going for $2,150 on Amazon AND Best Buy.
Can anyone comment on :

1) Why these are going for LESS than the Panasonic TC-P65ST60?
2) If pricing/tax are equal, would you still order from Amazon and leave it up to a shipping company to deliver on their schedule or would you pick up at BB by yourself to ensure there is no damage?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 12-01-2013, 06:20 PM

First, thanks for posting this. I just submitted for a refund of the difference what I paid on Nov. 18th. It was $2399.00 on Amazon for a few weeks.

If you are worried about damage during shipping or the white glove delivery you may get then go with Best Buy. I had the one-man white glove delivery show up instead of 2 people. I ended up helping the guy slide the TV out of the van and  sit the TV on the stand. No biggie to me. (FYI ...he used a hand truck to roll it into my high rise condo but he kept is almost flat so I did not have an issue with it).

Amazon does also give 2% back in Amazon credit after 35 days so that may be an incentive for you.

On the BB side, you may be more comfortable dealing with a local place but then again the return policy is limited.

post #33 of 39 Old 12-01-2013, 06:39 PM

The build date is September 2013, assembled in Mexico.

As far as potential fan noise... I ran D-nice's 2013 Panasonic aging slides for the 100 hours. I did hear a low level sound during that time. I am sure the fans were working pretty hard. This was when I was 5 feet away from the right edge of the screen about 5 degrees in front. The wall is 2 feet behind the TV which is on a stand. The low level noise sounds like the bearings in the two fans on the back. In my opinion this bearing noise (if that is what it is) carries further and reflects off the back wall. The air sound is only noticeable if I go behind the TV.

When watching a 3D Bluray the sound is not noticeable with the audio on mute sitting 10 feet back or walking up to the front of the TV (3 feet away).

post #34 of 39 Old 12-02-2013, 12:02 AM

Liked: 13
Just for those who are concerned, or sensitive to,fan noise and panel buzzing,there is no buzzingand only a very faint fan noise. I only hear the fan when within a foot of the wall mounted tv, although my wife can hear a ' slight whirring sound from 11-12' away occassionally when content is paused and no audio on. I might have just gotten lucky or Pan. may have resolved. Sorry, would report build date but not sure where to look.

Tim
post #35 of 39 Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 AM

Liked: 11
Mine arrived yesterday, September build. Price is now back down to $2295 plus 2% cash back for Prime.
post #36 of 39 Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 12
My Panasonic TC-P65VT60 is also Sept 2013 build.

No issues so far, very nice.

Update 12/12: Finally got it connected up in the viewing area and some more notes... Fan noise, a little when the tv boots, but otherwise quiet (however it is winter). Buzzing, a little loud on this tv, can hear at even 10ft on certain screens (and a quiet house), annoying, but that's how Panasonic rolls. Don't really like the stand, not as sturdy as my old tv but it sits lower which is good in this case. Picture quality is amazing, can't wait for football tonight.
post #37 of 39 Old 02-03-2014, 03:36 PM

How can I found the build date for my Panasonic TC-P65VT60? I combed through the menu and didn't find anything related.

Thank you.
post #38 of 39 Old 02-03-2014, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by netghoster View Post

How can I found the build date for my Panasonic TC-P65VT60? I combed through the menu and didn't find anything related.

Thank you.

There is a big sticker on the back, with a white rectangle on it, with the month and year of manufacture. You can't miss it.

post #39 of 39 Old 02-04-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjok View Post

There is a big sticker on the back, with a white rectangle on it, with the month and year of manufacture. You can't miss it.

Thought it was in the menu. Should have checked the physical label first. Thank you.
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page