Panasonic TC-P65VT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV $2,399.98 at Amazon - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 39 Old 10-24-2013, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Panasonic TC-P65VT60 is currently $2,399.99 and qualifies for 2% back, a TV Low Price Guarantee, Free Shipping and Enhanced Delivery at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P65VT60-65-Inch-Includes-Glasses/dp/B00BC4SN9S?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=cameltracker-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BC4SN9S

This is one of the best TV's ever reviewed, the one that finally was at par with the legendary Kuro. I've been tracking this since it came out and this is the lowest price I've yet seen from a trusted and certified seller.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM

That's awesome, and an awesome price. Just to make sure you're getting what you want, it's the ZT60 that actually outdoes the Kuro. The VT60 is *almost* the same.
post #3 of 39 Old 10-25-2013, 05:22 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplotkin View Post

That's awesome, and an awesome price. Just to make sure you're getting what you want, it's the ZT60 that actually outdoes the Kuro. The VT60 is *almost* the same.

The VT and ZT are identical in dim/dark room viewing. The only difference is the filter on the ZT which allows for better blacks in brighter rooms (the VT also has front firing speakers and a camera). And if the ZT/VT "outdoes the Kuro" is debatable.
post #4 of 39 Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

The price is now back up to $2,700. The "sale" only lasted a few days. I hope anyone who was in the market for one was able to get it at $2,399.98. If not, use http://camelcamelcamel.com to track it and wait for the price to drop again.

post #5 of 39 Old 10-29-2013, 08:20 PM

Liked: 12
Why is it so expensive, when you can easily get the LED HDTV much cheaper ?

Just wondering.
post #6 of 39 Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by deids View Post

Just wondering.

Probably the 600Hz refresh.
post #7 of 39 Old 10-30-2013, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deids View Post

Just wondering.

First of all this is a 65 inch TV, that alone up's the price considerably.

Next. there are no edge lit LED TV's to my knowledge that can produce the ultra black levels of this plasma TV. Better black levels translate into better picture quality, in fact it's one of the most important considerations. There are a select few full array back lit LED TV's that can produce excellent black levels, such as the Sharp Elite Pro series, but they're very expensive too. 

Finally, plasma TV's have better fast motion response and off axis viewing than most LED's.

The Panasonic VT and ZT series TV's are for people who want close to the best picture quality currently available. They are willing to pay more for this.

OLED TV's will obsolete both LED and plasmas, but it'll be a while before they're affordable enough for most people.

post #8 of 39 Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro10is View Post

First of all this is a 65 inch TV, that alone up's the price considerably.

Next. there are no edge lit LED TV's to my knowledge that can produce the ultra black levels of this plasma TV. Better black levels translate into better picture quality, in fact it's one of the most important considerations. There are a select few full array back lit LED TV's that can produce excellent black levels, such as the Sharp Elite Pro series, but they're very expensive too. 

Finally, plasma TV's have better fast motion response and off axis viewing than most LED's.

The Panasonic VT and ZT series TV's are for people who want close to the best picture quality currently available. They are willing to pay more for this.

OLED TV's will obsolete both LED and plasmas, but it'll be a while before they're affordable enough for most people.

Thanks for explaining this. Appreciate it. This clears the confusion.
post #9 of 39 Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 AM

Hi Folks,

I’m looking for some advice. I’ve been a plasma person for about 5 years now and have been happy with my Samsung PN50A550. I’m mostly a sports, movie and concert watcher. I was alarmed to hear that Panasonic was shutting down there last plasma factory leaving just a few other companies making plasmas.

I’m planning on moving to a new house in the next year. So, in a temporary fit on insanity , I thought I would treat myself to what I consider to be a “Cadillac’ tv purchase for my new home. I have been looking at a 65” Panasonic VT60 or ZT60.

So I guess I am wondering is, how long will these units be around, and will the price drop anytime soon. Do I risk waiting to purchase until I move into the new house (9 to 12 months away?)

Your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Paul
post #10 of 39 Old 11-10-2013, 11:21 AM

Liked: 15
I'm subscribing to this thread with the hopes of being notified when the 65VT60 goes down to - $2399 on Amazon again.
post #11 of 39 Old 11-10-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Medaglia View Post

I'm subscribing to this thread with the hopes of being notified when the 65VT60 goes down to - $2399 on Amazon again.

You can get them to go even lower than that. Ask for a price match from Paul's TV. They are selling it for $2299.99 with the coupon code FALL27.
post #12 of 39 Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkultra View Post

The VT and ZT are identical in dim/dark room viewing. The only difference is the filter on the ZT which allows for better blacks in brighter rooms (the VT also has front firing speakers and a camera). And if the ZT/VT "outdoes the Kuro" is debatable.

not really. its been confirmed by cnet. the zt60 beat their in house kuro 111 fd
post #13 of 39 Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Arellano View Post

You can get them to go even lower than that. Ask for a price match from Paul's TV. They are selling it for $2299.99 with the coupon code FALL27.

Is Amazon really going to price match with Paul's TV? I can see them price matching with Panasonic, Best Buy, Sears, etc. But Paul's TV, really? Do they also match with Abe's of Maine..
post #14 of 39 Old 11-11-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchef0 View Post

Is Amazon really going to price match with Paul's TV? I can see them price matching with Panasonic, Best Buy, Sears, etc. But Paul's TV, really? Do they also match with Abe's of Maine..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201133230

They are on the list. Paul's isn't like Abe's of Maine. They are an authorized seller. I've also heard people on the VT60 deals thread getting them to price match.
post #15 of 39 Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Arellano View Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201133230

They are on the list. Paul's isn't like Abe's of Maine. They are an authorized seller. I've also heard people on the VT60 deals thread getting them to price match.

My bad.. I had never seen that list before. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'm going to look into Paul's TV pricing.
post #16 of 39 Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkultra View Post

Just a quick follow-up: I saw the ZT and Kuro side by side at a Panasonic event. There was no question that the ZT outperformed the Kuro. I've heard, anecdotally, that other comparisons (using other Kuros) have resulted in varying degrees of saying the ZT is better. But my first-hand experience was not equivocal.
post #17 of 39 Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 AM

post #18 of 39 Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM

post #19 of 39 Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 AM

post #20 of 39 Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 AM

I was really set on the st60 65 but for 2 hundred bucks more I can get a vt65 its kind of a no brainier
post #21 of 39 Old 11-13-2013, 02:20 AM

Liked: 13
I bought a TC-P65VT60 for $2149 with no sales tax and free shipping on 10/28/13 from Eastcoast Tvs. Unfortunately, I read all the posts on whether Eastcoast was a legitimate seller and could be trusted after I placed my order. I did have to deal with some aggressive sales techniques but I received the new tv in perfect condition on 11/9/13 via AM Delivery. I would tolerate these tactics again to save $500 plus sales tax on a new tv from Eastcoast Tvs.
I am thoroughly pleased with it so far. I've been using the "THX/Cinema" mode that's been great for both night and day viewing(with blinds open) right out of the box. The picture quality is stunningly good whether I'm watching movies, regular satellite broadcasts, streaming via Netflix or live sports. Anyone concerned if this set will get bright enough shouldn't worry. I only use the 'THX Cinema' mode and never feel the need to switch to the even brighter 'THX/bright room' or 'Vivid' modes but ymmv.
The reason I bought the VT is because it represents the last and best of Panasonic's plasma technology. I was considering the ZT but felt the VT was the better value since I saved several few hundred dollars while gaining the built-in camera although the ZT is considered better in bright rooms due to its better ambient light filtering. Numerous reviewers have stated that the VT and ZT have identical pictures in light controlled rooms such as my living room.
I was searching for an hdtv that would tide me over until OLED hdtvs are more developed, cheaper and offered in larger screen sizes. This plasma beats the pants off my 5 yr old Sony 50" KDS50XBR1 lcd in every category. I think the VT60, along with the ZT60, plasmas will likely be considered classics soon. These models have raised the performance bar and will become the reference that future hdtvs are judged against.
I'm going to be completely content watching this beautiful plasma until something is offered at a comparable price that tops it.
Get one while you can,
Tim
post #22 of 39 Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noble100 View Post

I bought a TC-P65VT60 for $2149 with no sales tax and free shipping on 10/28/13 from Eastcoast Tvs. Unfortunately, I read all the posts on whether Eastcoast was a legitimate seller and could be trusted after I placed my order. I did have to deal with some aggressive sales techniques but I received the new tv in perfect condition on 11/9/13 via AM Delivery. I would tolerate these tactics again to save $500 plus sales tax on a new tv from Eastcoast Tvs.
I am thoroughly pleased with it so far. I've been using the "THX/Cinema" mode that's been great for both night and day viewing(with blinds open) right out of the box. The picture quality is stunningly good whether I'm watching movies, regular satellite broadcasts, streaming via Netflix or live sports. Anyone concerned if this set will get bright enough shouldn't worry. I only use the 'THX Cinema' mode and never feel the need to switch to the even brighter 'THX/bright room' or 'Vivid' modes but ymmv.
The reason I bought the VT is because it represents the last and best of Panasonic's plasma technology. I was considering the ZT but felt the VT was the better value since I saved several few hundred dollars while gaining the built-in camera although the ZT is considered better in bright rooms due to its better ambient light filtering. Numerous reviewers have stated that the VT and ZT have identical pictures in light controlled rooms such as my living room.
I was searching for an hdtv that would tide me over until OLED hdtvs are more developed, cheaper and offered in larger screen sizes. This plasma beats the pants off my 5 yr old Sony 50" KDS50XBR1 lcd in every category. I think the VT60, along with the ZT60, plasmas will likely be considered classics soon. These models have raised the performance bar and will become the reference that future hdtvs are judged against.
I'm going to be completely content watching this beautiful plasma until something is offered at a comparable price that tops it.
Get one while you can,
Tim

Great to hear your enjoying your new VT60. Your review of East Coast TV's seems pretty spot on. You can without a doubt save a large chunk of money making a purchase with ECTV's but I'm just not into that type of hassle. I don't have the time to deal with aggressive morons trying to push insurance charges and who know what else on me. Face to face I'll deal with that stuff all day but over the phone and being at the mercy of them returning calls & emails it's just not worth it. If you can tolerate you can save big. I just want to make one call and the tv show up on my doorstep. I'll deal with ABT or any of the others. Plenty others offer no sales tax, free shipping and competitive pricing. Still waiting through Thanksgiving before I purchase. Good luck and I appreciate the review of the VT. Maybe I won't rule that one out after all.
post #23 of 39 Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Liked: 13
"Great to hear your enjoying your new VT60. Your review of East Coast TV's seems pretty spot on. You can without a doubt save a large chunk of money making a purchase with ECTV's but I'm just not into that type of hassle. I don't have the time to deal with aggressive morons trying to push insurance charges and who know what else on me. Face to face I'll deal with that stuff all day but over the phone and being at the mercy of them returning calls & emails it's just not worth it. If you can tolerate you can save big. I just want to make one call and the tv show up on my doorstep. I'll deal with ABT or any of the others. Plenty others offer no sales tax, free shipping and competitive pricing. Still waiting through Thanksgiving before I purchase. Good luck and I appreciate the review of the VT. Maybe I won't rule that one out after all."

frankchef0,

I completely agree with you about trying to avoid the hassle of pushy salesmen. Eastcoast's sales crew still use 'old school' sales techniques that seem out of place in the modern world of internet retailing. I'm not sure if they realize they're just driving away sales with their tactics. They remind me of the stereotypical used car salesman. However, I have a significantly reduced income now since having a stroke in 2009 and being forced to retire and am currently receiving only Social Security and private disability insurance. Therefore, I was willing to put up with the hassle and save $500 because that amount of money is more dear to me than it was when I was employed.
I watch a lot more tv now than I used to so a very good tv is more important to me now, sort of my 'portal to the world' since I don't get out much anymore. I wasn't in the market for a new hdtv until I went to Best Buy with my son several weeks ago. When I wandered over to check out the latest hdtvs, it was obvious to me what I was missing out on. All of these tvs were clearer and beat out my 5 yr old Sony 50". I made the decision on the spot that I needed a new one even though it meant dipping into my savings to do so.
Now, I just had to figure out which one to get. I was initially swayed by a $5,000 50-60" Samsung 4k unit that was playing a special demo recorded at 4k.. But I knew 4k content is currently very rare and I'd be viewing, at best, 1080i or 1080p from my satellite service, blurays and Netflix upconverted to 4k. Some of the led/lcd sets. a Panasonic 58",a Samsung f8000 60", 2 Sony units and even a Samsung f8500 plasma, all looked very good but were a bit too bright for my tastes. When I saw the 65vt60 in the more light controlled Magnolia section, I knew I had found my next tv. It was just as clear and detailed as the others but had a more natural look that looked more realistic and impressive. But the quoted price of $3,699 was a little too steep for me so I left empty handed.

Next, I began researching all the current crop of hdtvs on the internet. I read and watched numerous reviews and forum discussions. I learned that the better picture quality I noticed on the VT60 was probably the result of its better contrast ratio caused by the plasma's superior 'black levels'. I also learned that oled technology is capable of matching, or even exceeding, the black levels and picture quality of the best plasmas. However, oleds are currently more expensive and restricted to 55" and smaller screen sizes. I am too impressed with the impact of the 65" screen size to settle for less. I'm also too cheap to spend the extra $$ for a smaller picture that, in my opinion, is only marginaly better than the VT60's. So, I'm very satisfied with my choice thus far and will be monitoring oled and other developments in hdtv technology as I enjoy this awesome tv.

As far as your decision, I'm not sure which hdtvs your considering. But I definitely suggest you do not rule out the VT60s. Like I mentioned earlier, if you're concerned about the picture quality or brightness levels of this unit, then you have no concerns.
Let me know if you, or anyone else reading this thread, have any questions either via this thread or via a pm. I'm no expert on the VT60s yet but I'll do my best and let you know my honest opinion or tell you if I don't know.
Thanks,
Tim
post #24 of 39 Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
looks like the 65 VT s back down to $2400 on amazon

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
post #25 of 39 Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM

Yep. I bought one last Tuesday 11/19 and had it delivered Saturday 11/23. Only negative was the two-man white glove delivery was only one guy. He claimed the other guy called in sick.

post #26 of 39 Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2009 View Post

Yep. I bought one last Tuesday 11/19 and had it delivered Saturday 11/23. Only negative was the two-man white glove delivery was only one guy. He claimed the other guy called in sick.

Let us know what "build date" you have and if any issues with noise etc.

Thanks
post #27 of 39 Old 11-29-2013, 06:31 AM

Just ordered the Amazon 65" with paulstv price match, $2299. Delivery Dec 6
post #28 of 39 Old 11-29-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boca rat View Post

Just ordered the Amazon 65" with paulstv price match, $2299. Delivery Dec 6

How did you get $2299 at Pauls? I am getting $2399 show up on their site after logging in.
post #29 of 39 Old 11-29-2013, 08:47 AM

Use the holiday8 coupon code. you have to login though, and finding the login page was not easy. can't remember now how I
found it, sorry. The Amazon CSR had to do the same thing. 2% cash back deal as well, not sure if that is Prime only though. Good luck!
post #30 of 39 Old 11-29-2013, 12:17 PM

Great, I got it! Mine will be here this coming Friday. Thanks for you help.
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page