Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
finally
post #3 of 7 Old 12-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought this two days ago on amazon for $2299 - calling right now to get the difference refunded. Thanks!
post #4 of 7 Old 12-01-2013, 04:39 PM

I'm not sure why the TC-P65VT60 is selling for less than the TC-P65ST60 but they are also selling for $2,149 at Best Buy.
Is it just me or does picking it up from a Brick and Mortar store at my convenience seem like a safer way to ensure undamaged goods. I've had large screen tvs delivered in the past and even with 'white-glove' service, they've come in damaged.

Would you still choose Amazon over BB with if cost and taxes are the same?
post #5 of 7 Old 12-01-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 106
^^
A 65" is a very big tv. Even my 60" isn't going to fit in something smaller than a pickup without laying it down. Free delivery is a big perk IMHO.

~Nick

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

post #6 of 7 Old 12-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Agreed. And I'm a huge fan of Amazon's FSSS program. I guess I take having access to a minivan for granted.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPOBUYER View Post

I'm not sure why the TC-P65VT60 is selling for less than the TC-P65ST60 but they are also selling for $2,149 at Best Buy.
Is it just me or does picking it up from a Brick and Mortar store at my convenience seem like a safer way to ensure undamaged goods. I've had large screen tvs delivered in the past and even with 'white-glove' service, they've come in damaged.

Would you still choose Amazon over BB with if cost and taxes are the same?

The main difference will be tax it would be over $120 more for me. Then there is just rewarding the better company which is Amazon to me for pioneering this deal and not rewarding the reluctant best buy who won't even let you see the price unless you log in. AFAIK I bet best buy would deliver free too. Amazon to me has stellar customer service and has treated me very well. In fact when I ordered this TV the 65 inch, I had an Amazon card that gets like 1o or 2% in some rewards points and I had $4.84 in rewards points on it. So I wanted to apply it to the TV, BUT.... The amazon credit card had a $2000 limit so I called in to see if I could split cards but the lady said I could not but she would gladly just give me a free $5 credit because of the inconvenience. Best buy makes it hell on me if they even honor a price match so I don't bother anymore and they can get problematic with returns too.

The only gain to best buy is you get it right then and there, and if you see a dead pixel or whatever you can throw it back in your car and come back to them and exchange it, but of course they might try to tell you that's not a good enough reason.
Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page