Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Ummm..... I bought an item I knew I most likely would not be keeping. Key word is most likely. There was a chance I would be keeping the item.

Twist my words all you want. Or..... Learn to read ...... rolleyes.gif

I completely disagree with you. You clearly bought something with the idea or returning. You even said it. You are within your right to buy and return it because as long as your stay within their policy. But you basically wanted to use them. I can see myself buying a receiver or a set of speakers and not being completely satisfied and bringing them back to the store. But you bought it knowing that you would return it.

I am not a fan of Best Buy myself because I have had some issues myself. I still would NOT want them to go out of business. Here in Atlanta , we have FRYS and Brandsmart as competitors and both offer much much worse customer service. Since AMAZON is now charging taxes in the state of Georgia , I no longer buy from them UNLESS that is my last option. Amazon use to have that advantage, I no longer feel I need buy from them. I rather buy the same item at Best Buy or any of the local places for the same or close to the same prices. I am all about a deal, but generally speaking, AMAZON does not cut it for me anymore.... Can't imagine buying a large TV or a set of speakers and having them shipped to me...

I rather buy from a reputable company such as NEWEGG or a reputable seller on EBAY. But if I can get the same thing from any of the local vendors at close to the same price, I will do so. We need Best Buy to Thrive and I do think their customer service has improved this past two years.Competition is good and the more , the better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post

Is that what customer service means for you? Aggressive discounting at the point of sale? I'm being serious.

No, that's not what customer service is all about. After helping me find what I was looking for and I was willing to buy it at the sale prices listed. Customer service rep finding additional discount for me, is going beyond what the rep needed to do.

More detail to the experience.. I bought a washer, dryer, and a refridgerator. The washer and dryer was delivered, the dryer was slightly too big and protruded out into the door swing slightly. The delivery guys took it back after unpackaging and attempting to install. I went to the store a couple days later to pick out one that fit better, but couldn't find one that I liked. Talking to the Rep with measurements, he said they might be able to make it fith with a custom modified duct to get it to sit back a couple inches further. He put a extra note in the order for the install. They brought out new dryer out and made it barely fit. No hassel at all.
post #33 of 36 Old 01-22-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thucker View Post

No, that's not what customer service is all about. After helping me find what I was looking for and I was willing to buy it at the sale prices listed. Customer service rep finding additional discount for me, is going beyond what the rep needed to do.

More detail to the experience.. I bought a washer, dryer, and a refridgerator. The washer and dryer was delivered, the dryer was slightly too big and protruded out into the door swing slightly. The delivery guys took it back after unpackaging and attempting to install. I went to the store a couple days later to pick out one that fit better, but couldn't find one that I liked. Talking to the Rep with measurements, he said they might be able to make it fith with a custom modified duct to get it to sit back a couple inches further. He put a extra note in the order for the install. They brought out new dryer out and made it barely fit. No hassel at all.

I think everyone here would agree that THAT is going above and beyond. From start to finish.

I can see why you might go back. smile.gif

post #34 of 36 Old 01-24-2014, 06:04 AM

Liked: 22

BB screws up so badly that they lose out on guaranteed sales. For example, I had this $100 BB gift card that I wanted to use to buy speaker stands. However, I had to change my online order, so I canceled my initial order (within like 10 minutes of placing it). Since they had already taken money from my gift card, I contacted them and someone said the money would be put back into the gift card within 10 minutes and I would be able to reorder using the gift card. Well, I was unable to use the card.. and I contacted them again 24 hours later. Someone else then told me that I had been given wrong info and that the item had shipped to their local UPS and that they had to wait to get it back before they could put the money back into my card (I didn't understand why they had to keep my money even though they had complete control over their item and it was not my fault that they screwed up and sent the item and I'm fairly certain I had canceled the order before they sent it out unless they sent it out within 10 minutes of me placing the order which I don't believe). All said and done, they kept my money for a couple of weeks. I ended up ordering from Crutchfield and got my stands within a couple of days. 

BB truly sucks. 

Living room: EMP Tek E55Ti (pair) / Yamaha RX-V475 / Sony BDP-S3100

Bedroom: EMP Tek E5Bi (pair) / Yamaha RX-V375 / JVC DVD player

Headphone equipment: Sennheiser HD 598 / PA2V2 headphone amp

post #35 of 36 Old 01-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Liked: 10
Best Buy is currently in the final throes of their death spiral. Many years of customer abuse, from corporate down to store level, has taken its toll. Frankly, considering their corporate ethics, I'm surprised they've survived as long as they have.

I stopped shopping there almost a decade ago, but have consistently heard complaints from scores of unhappy customers over the years.
post #36 of 36 Old 01-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 297
Hehe sure thing, this thread, who was a single client bad experience, is turning into a real slugfest and getting bigger and bigger!!!

Must mean something rolleyes.gif

Energy Rc-70 fronts, Energy Rc-70 surrounds, Energy veritas 5.2c, Energy rc-mini heights
Dual Reaction-Audio BPS212
Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
Pioneer Elite n50 network player
Marantz CD6004 cd player
Marantz UD5007 Blu ray player
Panasonic Tcl55dt60 led tv , Playstation 3 and a lot of old consoles
Reply Great Found Deals

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page