AVS Forum banner

Magnolia at best buy phasing out

13K views 69 replies 29 participants last post by  AllenA07 
#1 ·
The one at pembrook pines is liquidating all of its stock. Mostly all demos, but good deals to be had on Martin Logan and bowers and wilkins etc. mostly everything is 30-50% off.

Bad news is that they won't ship it. I drove 2 hours and it was well worth my time.

If I can help anyone with anything, let me know.

#7 ·
OK, so here's the deal. I went to the Pembroke Pines store and talked to one of the guys that works in that section.

Magnolia isn't necessarily being phased out. Some of the more prominent stores are getting a refurbishment and changing to be a "Magnolia Design Center."

So they're trying to clear out all their old stock and bring in what the guy said was, "Higher End stuff."

I looked around but didn't see too many good deals. For instance, an open box/demo Denon 4520 was $1500.

A lot of the stuff they had were 2 or 3 year old models selling for what you can find used elsewhere with out paying taxes.

The guy said they were "blowout" prices, I don't agree. YMMV.

#10 ·
I looked around but didn't see too many good deals. For instance, an open box/demo Denon 4520 was $1500.

The guy said they were "blowout" prices, I don't agree. YMMV.
my local Magnolia has the Denon 4520 new in box for $1599.00...

Warren

#8 ·
^^The deals get better depending on how far into the construction/refurbishment the store is. Generally new in box product will be transferred to other, still-open stores.

The "high end stuff" the guy spoke of refers to a Design Center's focus on higher-end product lines not carried by a regular Best Buy or Magnolia (e.g. Sonus Faber, B&W Diamond, REL, McIntosh, Rotel, Arcam, Oppo). They also focus on automation/integration products (Control4, Savant, Kaleidescape, Lutron, etc.).

#9 ·
they also have a different price structure...ie..MSRP for the most part on all of their gear

Warren

#11 · (Edited)
I also went to Pembroke Pines store with a buddy of mine. We asked for a manager on duty and got some great deals:

Denon 4520CI: Demo. No box, but remote, Mic and power cord only. $ 800.00- Sold already on Craigslist for $ 1100.00
Pioneer Elite SC-82: Demo. No box, but remote, Mic and power cord only. $ 525.00- Gave to my nephew for his new house.
Denon X4000: Demo. All accessories except box $ 525.00- My friend kept for himself.

I was there 3 nights ago. There are good deals to be made, just ask for the manager and haggle a bit.

I may go back and get the last Denon 4520Ci they have and flip it again. Easy money. I paid cash so the new owner can have paperwork and can return if something goes wrong.

Also FYI, I am a business account so I am also tax exempt.

#20 · (Edited)
Best Buy is remodeling quite a few on their stores that have Magnolia department. They need to clear out the inventory. You need to call and ask if any stores have started this yet in your area. I spoke to the manager at my local store as was told the West Palm Beach store is next. This is when they need to dump all products in Magnolia in order to make way for the renovation. The goal is to make Magnolia more high end.

With regard to deals of 50-60% off list price:
Ask for a better price and speak to the Manager. They will take most offers because the merchandise must go in order to complete the upgrade. This is not nationwide but quite a few stores are being renovated. It is the luck of the draw if a store near you is on the upgrade list.

Hope this helps.

The store in Pembroke Pines has the Sammy TV (UN85HU8550FXZA) for $ 9999.99. I offered $ 5000.00. It is demo. No box Remote only. I was told if it doesn't sell by Sunday August 31, 2014 I can purchase at that price but would have to pay for delivery.

#26 ·
Ok he called back with some prices... Not that good of prices on the martin logan products kind of like what you would get from other dealers.

He did have a some motion 4's He wanted 154 a piece. Which is not to bad but not what I am willing to pay..

But if you do plan on still going out there let me know. Like I said there is 6 days left he said after that destruction begins of the room.

#35 · (Edited)
Best Buy Boca Raton has same sale going on. Two PC/Networking customers told me they have some good deals and up to 60% off. They are also remodeling Magnolia. One picked up a Pioneer SC-75 with remote and mic. No box. $ 525.00 with 10% back on Best Buy Credit card. The other picked up Denon 4520CI $ 800.00 complete with box and all accessories. He took no interest for 12 months.

#42 ·
the Best Buy here in Tampa are also remodeling their Magnolia room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.