AVS Forum banner

TCL 55US5800 55″ 4K Ultra HD Roku TV for $400 on Amazon

950 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Luke M 
#1 ·
#2 ·
"In anticipation of Black Friday, Amazon is offering a very aggressive sale price of $400 for the 55US5800 55″ 4K Ultra HD Roku TV. That’s $300 off the regular $700 Amazon price and represents a 43% discount."

See the complete post here: http://www.avsforum.com/cl-55us5800-55-4k-ultra-hd-roku-tv-for-400-on-amazon/
I would only suggest this display as a secondary unit for a bedroom or kids room. It's just not up to snuff compared to mid or upper tier 4k TV's. The panel doesn't even resolve the full 2160p pixel count.

#3 ·
Well, exactly. Perfect for Netflix streaming in 4K, where in reality you are just getting HD Blu-ray quality because of the extra bandwidth. But the point is the same, for $400 all-in, ain't bad at all. If it's what your budget allows, then into the living room it goes, right?

#6 ·
As someone who has bought many a $2k+ plus display in the past- I couldn't recommend this price point/ size more. The price of 4k tech is dropping like a rock, and this combo at this price point is a tremendous value that will make you extremely pleased.

I'm sitting here watching "The Grand Tour" in UHD on this display with a grin from ear to ear. It's in my office, but another unit may find its way down to the LR replacing a much more expensive 65" 1080p display.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.