LG Electronics OLED55B6P $1499 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By zeus33
  • 1 Post By roman707

post #1 of 13 Old 02-04-2017, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question LG Electronics OLED55B6P $1499

Hi, I'm not sure if this is legit but a business on eBay is selling the LG 55B6P for $1499. The company name is iELECTRICA. I thought the TV manufacturers set and force prices on their products. If these TVs are not the same as retail could you tell me how to spot them? Thanks.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-07-2017, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidst95 View Post
Hi, I'm not sure if this is legit but a business on eBay is selling the LG 55B6P for $1499. The company name is iELECTRICA. I thought the TV manufacturers set and force prices on their products. If these TVs are not the same as retail could you tell me how to spot them? Thanks.

David

That's easy. By the price. I'd stick with a reputable dealer. http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...7mYaAs2z8P8HAQ

Samsung KS800D 65" | Sony BluRay player S3500
post #3 of 13 Old 02-07-2017, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

David
People in another thread have been talking about these guys and it sounds legit so far. People have been getting their sets and been happy.

post #4 of 13 Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post
People in another thread have been talking about these guys and it sounds legit so far. People have been getting their sets and been happy.
What thread would that be ?I've talked to the same rep (Norma) over the phone a couple times about that 1499.00 price but I can't seem to pull the trigger on it. They're on E-bay and Amazon so they must be legit right? LOL

Last edited by ez1dog; 03-28-2017 at 07:35 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-06-2017, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG OLED55B6P for $1,198.00

Is this legit?

tv superstores dot com
post #6 of 13 Old 04-08-2017, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 75
They have over 7,000 feedbacks with 100 percent satisfaction. I'd say that's pretty legit. I'm considering buying the LG 86" set from them. It's about 800 off the list.

I have recently rediscovered Ebay and have been completely satisfied with everything I've purchased there recently. So long as one does one's homework, it's safe.
post #7 of 13 Old 04-24-2017, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

David
I saw the 65 c6 the same store has for $2500. I was strongly considering buying with my new chace rewards card then having them price match one of the shady sites selling it for 2k. Also I get 50k points if I spend 5k in 3 months. So that will help me get there. Has anyone here purchased from these guys? Pretty sure my chace card also gives extended warranty on electronics purchased. If it all goes smooth I would be paying net $1500 for the LG oled 65 c6.
Quote:

David
I saw the 65 c6 the same store has for $2500. I was strongly considering buying with my new chace rewards

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #8 of 13 Old 04-27-2017, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

David
They are unauthorized dealers anything bought from them comes with no manufacturer warranty. Call LG and ask them. All major brands sets the price. That's why you typically find the same price everywhere. Its the small local dealers that fly under the radar and give you the best deal.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-29-2017, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by andwebb View Post
They are unauthorized dealers anything bought from them comes with no manufacturer warranty. Call LG and ask them. All major brands sets the price. That's why you typically find the same price everywhere. Its the small local dealers that fly under the radar and give you the best deal.
This is not accurate. There's a few threads in the OLED TV subsection for sales. They all document various people calling LG and getting a variety of answers. The end result is that LG will warranty the TV, with the exception of a FEW listed resellers on their website(they call out who they will NOT warranty the tv from) and iElectrica is not on that list.

I know several people who have purchased successfully from them. Feel free to buy elsewhere and do a price match, but most credit cards only price match up to $500. Some will not honor ebay purchases, some will only honor "buy it now" purchases(not auctions). If they do though, often iElectrica is more than $500 cheaper than many other stores, so it's up to you. Many purchased from iElectrica and then found shadier outlets that quote even lower prices(but likely will never deliver) and instead just price matched them for an additional $200-300 off.

Please read any of the myriad of threads active in the below noted subforum for info on the best OLED LG tv deals, the various reviews and reports of the resellers and all the warranty misinformation out there.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/322-ol...t-found-deals/
post #10 of 13 Old 04-29-2017, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1559 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullnd View Post
This is not accurate. There's a few threads in the OLED TV subsection for sales. They all document various people calling LG and getting a variety of answers. The end result is that LG will warranty the TV, with the exception of a FEW listed resellers on their website(they call out who they will NOT warranty the tv from) and iElectrica is not on that list.

And your post is not accurate as far as ilectrica. LG has added a long list of sellers that are not authorized, and ielectrica is on it. However, it's completely irrelevant, because LG has said repeatedly that they will honor the warranty even if it was purchased from an unauthorized seller.

All of the info is in the OLED thread. Multiple people have posted images of their chat with LG, confirming the warranty coverage.

The following companies are not authorized to sell LG products:

Ielectrica

Bottom of the page:

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeale...ized_retailers
sshamim likes this.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

David
This company, iElectrica.com, was the worst TV buying experience ever! The associate I dealt with named Sam tried to accuse me of fraud! Really!!! He sold me a scratched 65" E7P and would not honor a replacement, you get what you pay for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0026.JPG (821.7 KB, 61 views)
BruZZi likes this.
post #12 of 13 Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
This company, iElectrica.com, was the worst TV buying experience ever! The associate I dealt with named Sam tried to accuse me of fraud! Really!!! He sold me a scratched 65" E7P and would not honor a replacement, you get what you pay for!

Ouch!
post #13 of 13 Old 08-31-2017, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman707 View Post
I feel like you should at least have recourse through eBay? Assuming you bought from them on ebay at least.

At any rate, I bought 65C7P from iElectrica, everything worked out fine. Maybe I just got lucky that my tv didn't have any panel issues. Saved a boat load of money as well. I was nervous about buying something like this on eBay but they have 100% positive feedback so I went for it.

Last edited by memesatwork; 08-31-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: add information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
55b6p

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page