Denon X4300H $748 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By deomayama
  • 1 Post By ultimatestuntman
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-13-2017, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon X4300H $748

Fry's will have the Denon x4300H on sale for $748 starting Mothers Day 5/14 with Sunday promo code. Sale is good from 5/14 thru 5/20
http://www.frys.com/product/8971763

Like all other great Fry's Denon deals this is In Store Only.
yuppiemike is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old 05-13-2017, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 5,850
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 421
I really didnt know that retailers have more than 50% profit margin in products like this

or is fry's selling these at a loss every month?..lol..

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Panasonic 50ST50 Denon4520 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Samsung 51E8000 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 05-13-2017, 02:18 PM
s44
Advanced Member
 
s44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Early clear-out for the X_400 series
s44 is online now  
 
post #4 of 18 Old 05-13-2017, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 11,431
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 6081
basshead81 is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 05-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hallelujah ! Lost 50% already not even a year in my case.
I bet at $748 they are still making some profit!
Ziba Ji is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 05-14-2017, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,806
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I just checked in my area and no one has them in stock and that's six stores. Will keep checking every day until they have them in stock.

jsil is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 05-14-2017, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
I just checked in my area and no one has them in stock and that's six stores. Will keep checking every day until they have them in stock.
Was lucky to score one in SW Houston area this morning. Was the first one in line. There was only one sitting on the shelf. I asked if there were more, and the answer was typically what is on the shelf is what they have. Seems to me its more of a bait to get people to come into the store...
imureh is online now  
post #8 of 18 Old 05-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Member
 
cwglideman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 51
From my understanding and from previous comments of users that have gotten this deal in the past...Fry's has been known to receive more of these units after the (starting) day of the promo code sale, typically Sunday, so there's a high probability that there might be more coming in to your local store before the time the sale ends, which by the way is on 5-20. So, don't give up hope just yet, there might still be a chance to score this deal even if there's none in store today.
cwglideman is online now  
post #9 of 18 Old 05-14-2017, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Yes it was at this price once before. That's when i got mine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
nohcho is online now  
post #10 of 18 Old 05-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Member
 
deomayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
This sale happens about once every 2-3 months

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Jedi_Donkey likes this.
deomayama is offline  
post #11 of 18 Old 05-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
sc03979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Your best bet if it's store pickup only is to order it online with your credit card. You're not really ordering it, but by 'ordering' it with your credit card they will hold it for you until the end of the next day. They don't charge your cc until you checkout at the b&m store. Much better than going in the store and praying they have one.
sc03979 is offline  
post #12 of 18 Old 05-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Member
 
tebling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I scored one of these yesterday. It was quite a bit of effort, but well worth it!

I found out about it quite early through SlickDeals since I had an alert set up for 'x4300h'. Despite that, my local Frys in Renton was already sold out. I couldn't believe it, but I suppose that's what happens when you live in an area with a high concentration of techies. I then checked the next closest Frys, which is in Wilsonville, OR - a 3.5 hour drive away on a good day. They showed availability, so I ordered it online with in-store pickup at the retail price of $1499.

The next morning (Saturday) I got the confirmation that the unit had been reserved for me! The sale didn't start until Sunday, but I had until Monday to pick it up.

Fortunately the intel from SlickDeals was spot-on, and I received my promo code email early Sunday morning. Not wanting to make such a long drive in vain, I called Frys shortly after they opened to make absolutely sure the unit was set aside for me. As it turns out, it's a very good thing I did. After being put on hold three times, I finally got through to the supervisor on duty and she said that no unit had been put aside for me(!), but there was still one left in stock. She had one of her checkout people literally run to the audio area and bring it back to the holding area in checkout. Once that was done and she assured me that it would be here, I thanked her profusely and got on my way.

10 hours and 430 miles later (cursed Portland and Olympia traffic) I stumbled back through my front door, prize in hand! I was too tired to set it up, but I'm really looking forward to doing that tonight!

tebling is online now  
post #13 of 18 Old 05-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Member
 
ultimatestuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebling View Post
I scored one of these yesterday. It was quite a bit of effort, but well worth it!

I found out about it quite early through SlickDeals since I had an alert set up for 'x4300h'. Despite that, my local Frys in Renton was already sold out. I couldn't believe it, but I suppose that's what happens when you live in an area with a high concentration of techies. I then checked the next closest Frys, which is in Wilsonville, OR - a 3.5 hour drive away on a good day. They showed availability, so I ordered it online with in-store pickup at the retail price of $1499.

The next morning (Saturday) I got the confirmation that the unit had been reserved for me! The sale didn't start until Sunday, but I had until Monday to pick it up.

Fortunately the intel from SlickDeals was spot-on, and I received my promo code email early Sunday morning. Not wanting to make such a long drive in vain, I called Frys shortly after they opened to make absolutely sure the unit was set aside for me. As it turns out, it's a very good thing I did. After being put on hold three times, I finally got through to the supervisor on duty and she said that no unit had been put aside for me(!), but there was still one left in stock. She had one of her checkout people literally run to the audio area and bring it back to the holding area in checkout. Once that was done and she assured me that it would be here, I thanked her profusely and got on my way.

10 hours and 430 miles later (cursed Portland and Olympia traffic) I stumbled back through my front door, prize in hand! I was too tired to set it up, but I'm really looking forward to doing that tonight!
So it's your fault I missed it! I'm constantly refreshing to see if they get more stock this week. Congrats on snagging one.
tebling likes this.
ultimatestuntman is online now  
post #14 of 18 Old Today, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 25,531
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1187 Post(s)
Liked: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
I just checked in my area and no one has them in stock and that's six stores. Will keep checking every day until they have them in stock.
They restocked in San Jose, Sunnyvale and Fremont so you have a chance to get one now.

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
post #15 of 18 Old Today, 08:10 AM
Member
 
turbosteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
They restocked in San Jose, Sunnyvale and Fremont so you have a chance to get one now.
Someone grab me one while your there, I'll buy it off ya. I'm in SC and no Fry's around here. My X2200 got popped by lightning so I've been watching out for a deal. I wish Fry's shipped these things, it's a heck of a deal.

Steve
turbosteve is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old Today, 10:48 AM
Member
 
ultimatestuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Of course they don't restock the Wilsonville store...
ultimatestuntman is online now  
post #17 of 18 Old Today, 01:20 PM
Newbie
 
omi_neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
oos in Texas. looks like san jose only atm.
omi_neko is offline  
post #18 of 18 Old Today, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by omi_neko View Post
oos in Texas. looks like san jose only atm.
But you are selling one in the classifieds for $1029, do you need two 9.2.4 setups?
yuppiemike is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Great Found Deals

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off