Yamaha RX-A1070 $699 Fry's In Store Only - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By afrogt
  • 1 Post By munnlete

post #1 of 9 Old 08-06-2017, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Yamaha RX-A1070 $699 Fry's In Store Only

Fry's has the 2017 Yamaha Aventage RX-A1070 on sale for $699 starting today with Sunday promo code. This is even lower than the A1060 price they had a few months back.

Product link
http://www.frys.com/product/9199518

Sunday ad
http://images.frys.com/art/email/080...firmation#set3

To sign up for Fry's promo codes
http://www.frys.com/workflow/AcctMai...annertop032615

The AVENTAGE Advantage: Designed to deliver the highest levels of audio performance through engineering
Aluminum front panel with door, symmetrical amplifier layout, H-shaped cross frame
7.2-channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ (5.1.2-ch)
9 speaker terminals with Intelligent Amp Assign for Zone 2
Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
8-in, 2-out HDMI with eARC
4K Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2 support, HDR video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma, and BT .2020
Advanced HDMI zone switching (Zone 2)
High-performance digital-to-analog conversion (ESS SABRE Premier Audio DAC ES9006A)
Fully loaded with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, AirPlay®, Spotify Connect, Tidal, and Deezer music streaming service
Stream Pandora®, Spotify, Napster®, SiriusXM Internet Radio and thousands of free internet radio stations
DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
Phono input to connect to your favorite turntable
Room acoustics optimization using YPAO™ - R.S.C., 64-bit precision EQ calculation and angle measurement
Zone 2 control options
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A1070 sale.PNG
Views:	81
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	2263842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha A1070.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	2263844  
jm10 and Broadus like this.

Afro GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I was shocked to see that this deal was available for shipping. For months I watched Fry's online, checking out receiver sales only to find the good ones valid for local stores and local delivery only. So I finally bought a TSR-7810 from Costco. Had the A1060 been available a few months ago from Fry's at this price while I was looking (I don't think the A1070 was yet available), I would have jumped on it.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-07-2017, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I picked one up yesterday... Was also surprised that they were available for shipping too.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguzzetta View Post
I picked one up yesterday... Was also surprised that they were available for shipping too.
The add says in-store pickup only...so, no, they were not available for shipping. Usually, when they have deals like this, there is one unit per store up for grabs. Fry's awesome deals on receivers are never available for shipping......ever.......
post #5 of 9 Old 08-08-2017, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban19 View Post
The add says in-store pickup only...so, no, they were not available for shipping. Usually, when they have deals like this, there is one unit per store up for grabs. Fry's awesome deals on receivers are never available for shipping......ever.......
Actually, it was available for shipping, but it must have been short lived. I saw it myself and put it in the cart. I didn't follow through with the order because I recently bought the TSR-7810. But the ad clearly said available for shipping (not merely local delivery), though it does not now. As I said, I was surprised to see that.

I used to say that Fry's awesome deals on receivers are never available for shipping, but I have to amend that to rarely. And that is frustrating for those of us not living near a Fry's store.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-08-2017, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban19 View Post
Well that is what I thought too...

The website did allow for me to select shipping (free) when I checked out. I was able to purchase online and pickup in store. As far as your one for store comment... a few weeks ago I purchased a Denon x4300 that was $799 ($700 off) but returned it since it didn't fit my needs. They had several of them on the shelf and the salesman actually pointed out which one seemed to have the best box. On the Yamaha I didn't even go back to the audio department as it was already up front and set aside for pickup.

What I did find with both purchases is that the sales tax wouldn't be waved (promo code perk) and they also didn't offer the interest free financing on the Fry's card.

Last edited by kguzzetta; 08-08-2017 at 10:33 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-08-2017, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 225
On Sunday when the ad came out my friend in Idaho got one shipped to him. Received it today.

I was in frys today and they probably had 50 of them at my local store in Roseville California.

Remember this is brand new. It's not old stock like a denon 4300. If they sell out they'll order one for you and call you when it's in. For sale price. Even if it's after sell ends.

To many people talk in absolutes. Never say never
post #8 of 9 Old 08-09-2017, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Great deal :-) congrat
post #9 of 9 Old 08-12-2017, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguzzetta View Post
Well that is what I thought too...

The website did allow for me to select shipping (free) when I checked out. I was able to purchase online and pickup in store. As far as your one for store comment... a few weeks ago I purchased a Denon x4300 that was $799 ($700 off) but returned it since it didn't fit my needs. They had several of them on the shelf and the salesman actually pointed out which one seemed to have the best box. On the Yamaha I didn't even go back to the audio department as it was already up front and set aside for pickup.

What I did find with both purchases is that the sales tax wouldn't be waved (promo code perk) and they also didn't offer the interest free financing on the Fry's card.
Yeah I ordered it on Sunday afternoon, and was able to get it shipped. Received Friday (yesterday). Great deal. Also had to pay the tax. I don't think Indiana is eligible for the no tax.
Broadus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page