Denon AVR X4300H - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 73 Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post

Very true and it has been for me for other things but $1199 or $1299 still has me seeing the X6300H not getting much under $1400.
If that is the case...then so be it
I tend to disagree..but time will tell
I may have to bite the bullet as I am not completely happy with the X4300

But..if I do better I will keep you posted...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Yeah like I said I wasn't in the market back then and didn't hang out in that owners thread. If by lots of us you mean AVSers then we're still talking about a subset of a subset.
You seem to have a source as to what was available and how many people were able to obtain
Do you mind sharing the source for those statistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
While the latter is always true the former kind of is and isn't. Electronics can last an extremely long time properly maintained but with HDMI now in the mix as the gatekeeper of all things DRM they have the consumer by the proverbial short hairs. I've gotten 10 years out of my last receiver and 8 or so out of the one before that. This one I'll probably keep only around 5 because of the HDMI issue.
I am not talking about reliability at all...I have a Pioneer THX receiver from the pre HDMI days that still works fine. One could argue relevance though..lol
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ivers/VSX-47TX
I am just talking relevance. Think about how much has changed in the last 5 years
Do you not think it will change equally as much in the next 5?

IIRC the HDMI spec has changed more than a few times..starting with the onset..then 3D and then more changes


Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I don't disagree with your assessment at all. Sounds very possible. I just couldn't take the chance on shopping with so few remaining for the difference. I've seen and had to tell the last few deal shoppers that a closeout model was sold out as they came to the door right before closing time while those who showed up that morning got the deal and their vehicle. Being the last guy to get the deal is always a good feeling. Being the guy right after that not so much.
I think there is more than a few remaining...there are still many many advertised outlets that have inventory
Hence the reason I say I see another price drop before they are gone
That is if things follow the typical cycle of electronics as I have seen in the last several years for models that change every 12 months
I am not sure what "must have" feature the new model has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Yep and in store only and they sell out very fast. This has all played out so many times on SD's It's literally Groundhog Day the movie each time but I'm happy. I paid less than that and got it delivered to my door to your 4520 point earlier.
And it was on at least once a month for at least the last 7 months...as was the X4200 was before it as I am sure you know
Many missed one month( or week) from what I have read and got it the next sale
As for the 4520's..one was shipped to me and I bought the other one in the store
I still have one of them and sold the other one and it nearly paid for the X4300 in full




Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I believe you're talking about software lifespan here and I agree as well.
Or perhaps hardware as well
But...just like many things I see that there are a few new high dynamic range formats forthcoming in the next couple of years
So..I see some obsolete TV's and audio devices in the near future if you are the type that keeps up with the changes in the A/V world



Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 2,096
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
If that is the case...then so be it
I tend to disagree..but time will tell
I may have to bite the bullet as I am not completely happy with the X4300

But..if I do better I will keep you posted...
Thanks , I appreciate that.



Quote:
You seem to have a source as to what was available and how many people were able to obtain
Do you mind sharing the source for those statistics?
You say lots and many and I say a subset of a subset. Both seem equally sourced.


Quote:
I am not talking about reliability at all...I have a Pioneer THX receiver from the pre HDMI days that still works fine. One could argue relevance though..lol
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ivers/VSX-47TX
I am just talking relevance. Think about how much has changed in the last 5 years
Do you not think it will change equally as much in the next 5?
Got it. That wasn't exactly clear with the "ages" comment but much clearer now and I think it will but to 8K and the higher bandwidth of the 2.1 spec. Point of diminishing returns though as with anything.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-1-w...-need-to-know/

Quote:
IIRC the HDMI spec has changed more than a few times..starting with the onset..then 3D and then more changes
Yep and that's a spec I've watched change as well. It's hit a good balance with these models though I think and we all see where 3D has gone in TV's, again.




Quote:
I think there is more than a few remaining...there are still many many advertised outlets that have inventory
Hence the reason I say I see another price drop before they are gone
That is if things follow the typical cycle of electronics as I have seen in the last several years for models that change every 12 months
I am not sure what "must have" feature the new model has
I agree with all of this.


Quote:
And it was on at least once a month for at least the last 7 months...as was the X4200 was before it as I am sure you know
Many missed one month( or week) from what I have read and got it the next sale
In store only

not nationwide

limited availability

already beaten in all 3 categories so a moot point now and I'm done talking Fry's.




Quote:
As for the 4520's..one was shipped to me and I bought the other one in the store
I still have one of them and sold the other one and it nearly paid for the X4300 in full
That's fine but I don't play the one thing payed for another thing game. The ones that don't seem to always get conveniently forgotten. Especially by my gun trading buddies who like the same game but I'm happy for you that it did.





Quote:
Or perhaps hardware as well
But...just like many things I see that there are a few new high dynamic range formats forthcoming in the next couple of years
So..I see some obsolete TV's and audio devices in the near future if you are the type that keeps up with the changes in the A/V world

Warren
Obsolescence is a relative term to the importance placed by the consumer. The lack of HLG and HDR10+ might seem so to some and not so to others but I get your point.

Good talk.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 09-16-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Madmax67 is offline  
post #63 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post

You say lots and many and I say a subset of a subset. Both seem equally sourced.

.
I only going to reply to this one comment as the others seem to be a bit frankly non important

You didn't answer my question...

As far as my purchases I use the information from the what when and how of my own situation
Assuming you have been on AVS forum for a while you already know I have been here for many many years and very active in both the audio and video threads

You have made many assumptions of what I have done and how I have purchased and none of your assumptions have been accurate
I think I have noted that each time your assumed scenario was not correct for my purchase situation
If you need those renoted I will go through the corrections again

My posts are based primarily( perhaps almost exclusively) on purchases I have made and that is my source.

I will ask the question again..perhaps somewhat differently

What source are you using for what was paid and to what the level of availability was?...I will use the "subset of a subset" phase in its context as a good example

To be honest its a regular deal for me to buy several AVR's etc in a year and I could not answer those questions with anything but speculation on my part

It has me asking what your source is for all this information about market segment , availability and prices paid.
Clearly..it doesn't apply to me as several examples I have pointed out to you
But yet..I am curious


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
 
post #64 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 2,096
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I only going to reply to this one comment as the others seem to be a bit frankly non important
Ok

Quote:
You didn't answer my question...

As far as my purchases I use the information from the what when and how of my own situation
Assuming you have been on AVS forum for a while you already know I have been here for many many years and very active in both the audio and video threads
Yeah, I'm familiar with you a bit. I don't get in the video threads very much but I've been in the audio ones for a few years before joining myself. I like it here. Answers at the end.

Quote:
You have made many assumptions of what I have done and how I have purchased and none of your assumptions have been accurate
I think I have noted that each time your assumed scenario was not correct for my purchase situation
If you need those renoted I will go through the corrections again
Respectfully, no I haven't. I went back and actually read every word of our interactions here and other than assuming an open box deal for the 4520 initially (which I later corrected and even put in a synopsis you yourself said sounded about right) I only see many posts either congratulating you on your individual purchases and complimenting you on your setup and gear. The rest are my opinions that these other group deals are outliers and some other discussions involving changing tech. None of those are assumptions about you. If they have come across that way I apologize.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Well if your guess is I didn't read it back then when I wasn't looking for an AV receiver your guess would be right but I did read through it more recently and the deals were there like you said for a few days and then they weren't and Amazon probably price matched a few until BB sold out or the other stores said no which was also stated in that 5 page thread by a couple of posters....
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
Sounds about right from what I recall





Quote:
My posts are based primarily( perhaps almost exclusively) on purchases I have made and that is my source.
And a statistical average of 1.

Quote:
I will ask the question again..perhaps somewhat differently.
What source are you using for what was paid and to what the level of availability was?...I will use the "subset of a subset" phase in its context as a good example.
To be honest its a regular deal for me to buy several AVR's etc in a year and I could not answer those questions with anything but speculation on my part

It has me asking what your source is for all this information about market segment , availability and prices paid.
Clearly..it doesn't apply to me as several examples I have pointed out to you
But yet..I am curious


Warren
What is this Perry Mason? I've already explained it doesn't apply to you. Look, you told me earlier the Denon thread had a lower dealer price by $100 on the X6200. I didn't remember seeing that as I hung out in that thread the whole year so I went back and searched. Couldn't find it and mentioned it. Then it was a "PM is your friend" comment. I said ok I'll take that at face value but still disagree that the current version gets that low. These aren't personal assumptions about you. If anything it was an assumption that the lower number you gave me was correct. That's giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not disputing the amounts paid. I'm saying lots and many can be 50 or 100 just as easily as it can be 500 or 1000 so I guess the answer is when I get your spreadsheets on the correct count then you'll get mine.

This discussion's pretty much run its course. Good talking to you.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #65 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Ok



Yeah, I'm familiar with you a bit. I don't get in the video threads very much but I've been in the audio ones for a few years before joining myself. I like it here. Answers at the end.



Respectfully, no I haven't. I went back and actually read every word of our interactions here and other than assuming an open box deal for the 4520 initially (which I later corrected and even put in a synopsis you yourself said sounded about right) I only see many posts either congratulating you on your individual purchases and complimenting you on your setup and gear. The rest are my opinions that these other group deals are outliers and some other discussions involving changing tech. None of those are assumptions about you. If they have come across that way I apologize.













And a statistical average of 1.



What is this Perry Mason? I've already explained it doesn't apply to you. Look, you told me earlier the Denon thread had a lower dealer price by $100 on the X6200. I didn't remember seeing that as I hung out in that thread the whole year so I went back and searched. Couldn't find it and mentioned it. Then it was a "PM is your friend" comment. I said ok I'll take that at face value but still disagree that the current version gets that low. These aren't personal assumptions about you. If anything it was an assumption that the lower number you gave me was correct. That's giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not disputing the amounts paid. I'm saying lots and many can be 50 or 100 just as easily as it can be 500 or 1000 so I guess the answer is when I get your spreadsheets on the correct count then you'll get mine.

This discussion's pretty much run its course. Good talking to you.
LOL..let me use some examples
You questioned the price for the 4520 and then you said "open box"...then you made assumptions about why I had one delivered

In all three instances I corrected your assumptions
I wont bother to cut and paste the responses I have already given

As for spreadsheets..lol

Spreadsheets for all the units I have purchased?

I will give you the last 24 months if you want to go there...its actually pretty easy

But again...for the third time

You didnt answer my questions about how you know the "subset of a subset" type of information as well as what marketshare the Fry's sales would be

I am seriously interested in how you have that accurate information

The 15-20( or more) items I have bought in the last 24 months are easy for my purchases...and frankly that information is for the most part already posted here on AVS in various threads...but I will be more than happy to recap it for you

I am just wondering where you have gotten accurate credible marketshare ,price levels and sales information for the items you have discussed

let me know..LOL

Because frankly...you have me laughing at all the assumptions you have made for me personally

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #66 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 2,096
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 846 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
LOL..let me use some examples
You questioned the price for the 4520 and then you said "open box"...then you made assumptions about why I had one delivered

In all three instances I corrected your assumptions
I wont bother to cut and paste the responses I have already given

As for spreadsheets..lol

Spreadsheets for all the units I have purchased?

I will give you the last 24 months if you want to go there...its actually pretty easy

But again...for the third time

You didnt answer my questions about how you know the "subset of a subset" type of information as well as what marketshare the Fry's sales would be

I am seriously interested in how you have that accurate information

The 15-20( or more) items I have bought in the last 24 months are easy for my purchases...and frankly that information is for the most part already posted here on AVS in various threads...but I will be more than happy to recap it for you

I am just wondering where you have gotten accurate credible marketshare ,price levels and sales information for the items you have discussed

let me know..LOL

Because frankly...you have me laughing at all the assumptions you have made for me personally

Warren
Yeah, the spreadsheet comment wasn't about you.

You've got issues dude.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #67 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Administrator
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 14,755
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Knock it off...both of you

Mike Lang, Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Mike Lang is offline  
post #68 of 73 Old 09-16-2017, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
So...as I said before

This is decent deal for $799

I frankly think this is the price that it should have been all along...the fact that Fry's has been selling this unit as well its predecessor for this price for quite some time should say something

In fact...the most recent Fry's sales have the newer X400 series on sale as well


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #69 of 73 Old 09-18-2017, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
mecmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Yeah, the spreadsheet comment wasn't about you.

You've got issues dude.
You have no idea. You should see the stuff he posts over at SD!
mecmec is offline  
post #70 of 73 Old 09-19-2017, 05:25 AM
Senior Member
 
blackjackmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Just got my $100 credit for a Citi Price Rewind! So my net price is $699! Had found some unknown online merchant (zaxaudiovideo.com) priced at $699 a few weeks ago and even though they were out of stock quickly, I was able to use them for the rewind!

I'm still watching online for another price outlier...I wonder if Citi allows for a 2nd Price Rewind on the same item?

LG OLED65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Oppo UDP-203
blackjackmark is online now  
post #71 of 73 Old 09-19-2017, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
You have no idea. You should see the stuff he posts over at SD!
The truth, verifiable information and facts about my personal purchases

Thanks for noticing .....

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 65KS9800 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 Vizio P50 Denon X4300 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 55KS8000 Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Vizio P50 Pioneer SC95 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #72 of 73 Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackmark View Post
Just got my $100 credit for a Citi Price Rewind! So my net price is $699! Had found some unknown online merchant (zaxaudiovideo.com) priced at $699 a few weeks ago and even though they were out of stock quickly, I was able to use them for the rewind!

I'm still watching online for another price outlier...I wonder if Citi allows for a 2nd Price Rewind on the same item?
Did the same and got my rewind refund as well. Thanks! I haven't found x4300H cheaper than $699 yet (published price for a new unit).

Def Tech BP8 Front L/R with Def Tech SM350 Front heights [Dolby Atmos]
Def Tech CLR2002 Center / Def Tech Pro1000 Surrounds L/R
Hsu VTF3 MK5 Sub
Denon x4300H AVR
pmat123 is online now  
post #73 of 73 Old 09-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Senior Member
 
blackjackmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmat123 View Post
Did the same and got my rewind refund as well. Thanks! I haven't found x4300H cheaper than $699 yet (published price for a new unit).
If I find one cheaper, I’ll be sure to post it here. Hope you can do the same!:-)
pmat123 likes this.

LG OLED65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Oppo UDP-203
blackjackmark is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Great Found Deals

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off