MoviePass Unlimited Daily Movie Ticket Subscription Now $9.95/Month - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
So you have 2 accounts? Are they under the same name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have four accounts, even though it is usually only my wife and i that go to the movies. I buy the two seats behind us so no one can kick our seat backs during the movie... And no, I am not joking... :-)
Oh, and different names..
post #33 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
I have four accounts, even though it is usually only my wife and i that go to the movies. I buy the two seats behind us so no one can kick our seat backs during the movie... And no, I am not joking... :-)

Wouldn’t the names have to match the credit card?

post #34 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Wouldn’t the names have to match the credit card?

nope. same credit card on all four accounts..
post #35 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
I think these days, I would have to buy all the seats in the theater to make sure no one turns on their smartphone or starts talking.
I have really gotten to hate public movie theaters in recent years. Most people won't stop with their phone apps or chat even when politely asked. Earlier this year, people started smoking majijuana in the theater and it filled up with smoke ! I wish I was joking, but I am not ! That time, we got out of the theater and got a refund. Then there are the parents who bring their young kids to the midnight show of a PG13 movie. Recently had to endure with a 5 year old who wouldn't stop crying. Sometimes, the parents will even try to explain the movie to them. SMH !

The public disturbances have been a big motivation in my recent HT upgrades. I just wish new movies would come out on UHD discs or streaming with high bit rates already.
post #36 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
I think these days, I would have to buy all the seats in the theater to make sure no one turns on their smartphone or starts talking.
I have really gotten to hate public movie theaters in recent years. Most people won't stop with their phone apps or chat even when politely asked. Earlier this year, people started smoking majijuana in the theater and it filled up with smoke ! I wish I was joking, but I am not ! That time, we got out of the theater and got a refund. Then there are the parents who bring their young kids to the midnight show of a PG13 movie. Recently had to endure with a 5 year old who wouldn't stop crying. Sometimes, the parents will even try to explain the movie to them. SMH !

The public disturbances have been a big motivation in my recent HT upgrades. I just wish new movies would come out on UHD discs or streaming with high bit rates already.
oh, i hear you. I had one guy behind me literally yell into his phone " You have to speak up, I'm at the movie" to the person he was talking to on the phone. a family brought their kids to IT, the oldest could not have been more than five. We won't even discuss the time the one lady breast fed her kid and then burped her by beating the $h!t out the poor baby's back during (ironically enough) Baby Driver...
post #37 of 37 Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
oh, i hear you. I had one guy behind me literally yell into his phone " You have to speak up, I'm at the movie" to the person he was talking to on the phone. a family brought their kids to IT, the oldest could not have been more than five. We won't even discuss the time the one lady breast fed her kid and then burped her by beating the $h!t out the poor baby's back during (ironically enough) Baby Driver...
I forgot to mention the person listening to loud music on their smartphones with headphones on, at a level that could be heard around. Why is that person at the movies ? And of course they refused to turn it off when asked.
Then there are also others who bring their foreign relatives and try to translate the movie on the fly for them, too.

The best bet for us these days is to see a movie on the very last show on sunday night, after a movie has been playing for many weeks. More often than not, we are actually the only ones in the theater in that situation.
Of course, we can never know if it is the last week that a movie is playing ahead of time.

Edit: adding a special mention for horror movies. Never, ever go see one of those on opening night. Theater filled with loud kids, guaranteed. Often laughing and talking through the whole movie. Happened to us through the recent Annabelle followup movie. Would have been a watchable sequel if not for the audience. So many movies ruined by audiences. I really, really dread public theaters now. All incidents I mentioned so far in this thread were in the last 12 months.

I'm afraid if MoviePass really is going to keep their unlimited service at $10/month, there will only be more larger and more obnoxious broke audiences. No thanks.

Edit2: many local theaters have started selling alcohol in addition to sodas. This pretty much guarantees a movie-hostile audience.

Last edited by madbrain; 10-03-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Great Found Deals

Tags
moviepass , movies

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page