August 27th - Vizio XVT553SV LCD HDTV Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Today's Show:
With football season just around the corner you may be in the market for a new HDTV to watch your favorite team try and make it to the Superbowl. We've seen a few technologies come and go and each of them try to produce a picture that's as good as plasma. The latest is LED. The Vizio XVT553SV will run you about $1900 for the 55 inch version and its loaded with all kinds of goodies that we can finally say that Plasma may have finally met its match. more...

Listen now - mp3

Braden Russell
Host, HDTV & Home Theater Podcast
Check it out at www.htguys.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM

Liked: 10
Brandon I think you're right but the absence of DLNA concerns me. Will the promised future inclusion be a firmware upgrade or a future modified physical model we should wait for?
post #3 of 4 Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM

This is very encouraging news since I've been planning on a Panny plasma pretty soon. The review mentions the Vizio being nearly as good as plasma. Thing is, plasma quality is not monolithic. Samsung or Panasonic? If Panasonic, S2, G25 or VT25? There are big differences in picture quality.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-03-2010, 10:23 AM

So many questions... but I'll start with the one about CNET's review where they state the 553sv cannot handle 1080p/24p content properly and list it as NOT 24p compliant (or capable?) What does this mean? Should I wait until they have a TV that is capable? Or is this something than can and might be fixed via firmware? If this is so, do Blu ray movies look not as good as they do on other sets that are 24p capable?

If I have to wait I might just wait until their 3D tv comes out but I dont want to wait that long unless I have to. I know they say Q4, but when is that realistically? Oct 1st? Dec. 31st?

Then theres the Blu ray players, seem a good deal and have wifi, but NOT 3D capable... and they are JUST released brand new, not very cutting edge, how will they support their 3D TVs then? Will we have to look at a different brand for a 3D player?

Bottom line is I have saved up for one and want a VIZIO due to quality vs. price (I think) but dont know when to pull the trigger. Even if 3D is nascent and has many kinks, the TV itself will be 480 Hz and have more capabilities and better quality... no?
Reply AVS Forum Podcasts

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page