February 11th - McTiVia Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Today's Show:
We don't think there is one listener/reader out there who has not wanted to connect their computer to their TV. In the traditional sense a computer connected to your TV is commonly referred to as a Home Theater PC or HTPC. This requires you to dedicate a computer connected to the TV or at least use a Media Extender device like an Xbox 360. On today's show we look at a device that is part Media Extender and part HDMI extension cord. We are talking about the McTiVia ($230 with shipping) and it works with both Windows and Macs. more...

Listen now - mp3

Braden Russell
Host, HDTV & Home Theater Podcast
Check it out at www.htguys.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM

Liked: 10
I am really interested if there is any kind of delay. Also will audio be transfer via the HDMI to your theater system or is it played only on the computer? Or do you have to use the digital out to get audio to your theater system.

Right now I have a Mac Mini with an HDMI adapter connected to my receiver. I use Plex and have some 720p blu ray rips on it. What kind of performance can I expect streaming 720p with this device?

Lots of questions! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmove View Post

I am really interested if there is any kind of delay. Also will audio be transfer via the HDMI to your theater system or is it played only on the computer? Or do you have to use the digital out to get audio to your theater system.

Right now I have a Mac Mini with an HDMI adapter connected to my receiver. I use Plex and have some 720p blu ray rips on it. What kind of performance can I expect streaming 720p with this device?

Lots of questions! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

1. Is there a delay? There's a slight delay from the mac to TV, but both the video and audio is in sync on the TV. I try to show this with controlling the mouse and playing a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDpcDFALdwM

2. I had a mac mini as well with an HDMI adaptor, and I replaced mine with a mctivia. I have the mctivia tethered for optimal performance and I'm pretty satisfied with its video/audio quality.
Reply AVS Forum Podcasts

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page