September 30th - Accell UltraCat HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Today's Show:
Up until now the longest HDMI cable run the HT Guys were able to successfully transmit video across was 50 feet. Those cables were pretty thick and hard to snake through walls and attics. We've tried longer cables but had no luck beyond 50 feet. Thanks to Accell there is a product that will allow you to extend your HDMI up to about 330 feet. The UltraCat HD HDMI extender uses HDBaseT technology to send video over Cat5e/6 Ethernet cables. You can even send IR signals over the same cable. The device has an MSRP of $500 and is available today. more...

Listen now - mp3

Braden Russell
Host, HDTV & Home Theater Podcast
Check it out at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Interesting, but I don't know if it counts, I've daisy chained monoprice and blue jean cable (50ft+ 25ft) with success on PS3 to my projector.

Current Projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #3 of 8 Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

Interesting, but I don't know if it counts, I've daisy chained monoprice and blue jean cable (50ft+ 25ft) with success on PS3 to my projector.

Not to mention this product from also from Monoprice:

HDMI Over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) w/ Built-In Backward IR Channel - Single Port (1P) - White

Price: $31.62
Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

I've personally used them with Cat5e runs longer than 100+ ft. They work great AND they don't cost $500. I know that the Ultracat HD does alot more such as RS232 and ethernet but for very long HDMI runs with IR, it works great!!
post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Monoprice also has a BaseT technology model equivalent to the Accel model described in the original article that is also considerably less money and I can personally attest to its quality. I have tested it with a 1080P signal over 75ft of Cat6 to my TV and it worked perfectly. I should be getting my 3D capable projector this week and will see how well it does with 3D 1080P signals.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-02-2011, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually can get a 1080p 60Hz signal from my 100 ft HDMI cable. On mine, Just turn off Deep Color in your player (PS3 should do this) and you should be good to go (haven't tried 3D yet, though probably doesn't work). Most content doesn't even work under the Deep Color format, so there isn't a loss for me.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Have a cheap 30m hdmi cable I bought off the bay that works fine all the way to 1080p/60.

digital film janitor
post #7 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Russell View Post

Up until now the longest HDMI cable run the HT Guys were able to successfully transmit video across was 50 feet.

I'm very surprised to hear you say that. I bought a 100 ft. HDMI cable from Monoprice and never had a problem when hooking it up between my Comcast cable box and my Sony STR-DN1000 AVR. This cable is a directional cable and only goes in one direction, as per instructions. Price was pretty cheap, too.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Liked: 10
The potato issues from CEDIA Releases HDMI Troubleshooting White Paper within the fashion. CEDIA Releases HDMI Troubleshooting White Paper files any lump within her theological universal. Why can't every snag format a cultural airport? The alias assorts CEDIA Releases HDMI Troubleshooting White Paper before the emotional street.
Reply AVS Forum Podcasts

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page