You can control the volume on your surround sound system, it isn’t a simply on or off switch. You can control the brightness and the contrast on your television, you can even change channels, pause and fast forward and maybe even run web enabled apps and content. But your lights are either on or off. It’s time to face the facts, you have dumb lights. But they don’t have to be dumb.
We also discuss:
- DirecTV, Time Warner consider Aereo-like service, report says
- Intel set to axe its OnCue IPTV project and sell leftovers to Verizon
- Netflix wants to premiere it movies in theaters, homes simultaneously
- Most UltraViolet users are happy with service, NPD finds
- PlayStation 3 now has a Redbox Instant app
- First Ever HDTV Podcast Episode posted for download
- The changing shape of Cinema: the history of aspect ratio.
- 11 reasons why your next TV has to be an Ultra HD 4K TV
and a lot more...listen now - mp3