• 3 Post By Scott Wilkinson

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Scott Wilkinson to Host The Tech Guy Radio Show July 5 & 6

Be sure to tune in your local radio station that carries the show or, better yet, watch the live stream and join the chat room.

As some of you might know, I'm a regular guest on The Tech Guy, a nationally syndicated call-in radio show hosted by Leo Laporte that records on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Pacific time. The show is all about technology, and I'm usually on Saturdays right after the 11:30 news, talking about home theater and related topics for about 10 minutes.

But when Leo is out of town, he sometimes asks me to fill in as host for the entire show, which I am always thrilled to do. Well, he'll be on vacation over the upcoming Fourth of July weekend, and I'll be hosting the show for all three hours on Saturday and Sunday, July 5 and 6, 2014. And while Leo talks about all sorts of technology—"anything with a chip in it," as he says—I'll be focusing on audio and video tech and answering questions from those who call 88-88-ASK-LEO ([888] 827-5536).

Some radio stations carry the show live on one or both days, while others play recordings of segments from either or both days at another time. To see if there's a station near you that carries the show, and when it airs on that station, visit techguylabs.com. If there's no station in your area—and even if there is—you can stream the show live at live.twit.tv, which includes video as well as audio of the show itself and what's going on in the studio during the commercial breaks.

Watching the live stream is especially fun if you join the chat room at irc.twit.tv, which I monitor and interact with during the commercial breaks. (You can also join the chat room by clicking on "Popout Chat" on the live-streaming page.) Anyone who joins is assigned a default screen name with the form "Webxxxx," so if you join the chat room—and I sincerely hope you do—I recommend specifying a more personal screen name, perhaps with "AVS" in it so I know you're a member of the AVS community. If you want to get my attention, include my screen name, ScottWilkinson, anywhere in your message, which will make it appear in a different color on my screen. You can even help me answer questions if you have information I don't mention.

I'll be flying solo on Saturday, but on Sunday, I will be joined in studio by my friend and fellow home-theater geek David Vaughn, a product reviewer for Sound & Vision, to answer questions together and generally geek out. Also, Leo's other regular guests, including Mad Magazine writer and Giz Wiz Dick DeBartolo, travel writer Johnny Jet, and digital-photography guru Chris Marquardt, will make their regular appearances via Skype.

If you happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend, you're welcome to drop by the studio, which is about an hour north of the city. The address is 140 Keller St., Petaluma, CA 94952. Seating is limited, so if you plan to visit, please email tickets@twit.tv—there's no charge, but that lets them know how many to expect. Otherwise, I hope you can tune in and catch at least some of the show; it's going to be six hours of our favorite subject, so please join me for a fun-filled weekend of home-theater geekery!

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forum on Twitter
+1 AVS Forum on Google+
wxman, dargo and RMK! like this.

Scott Wilkinson
AVS Editor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Rock 'N Roll! Scott, can't wait!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Can't watch Live on Saturday but will on Sunday - I will watch Saturdays podcast though. Good Luck Scott I always enjoy appearance on Leo.

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XL center channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 183
I hope to hear the death of plasma, the way 4k and uhd contributed to that and if we truly will see 4k take off this year. It's already July and there has not been much movement in the push for 4k as expected from the press shows as CES. Just a topic I thought would really be interesting to hear your thoughts and wisdom on. Thanks.
Reply AVS Forum Podcasts

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page