July 4th - Interview with Mark Ely, CEO of SimpleTV
There has been a lot in the news about cutting the cord lately especially in light of the recent supreme court decision regarding Aereoās business model. We learned that its a copyright infringement if a company leases you equipment that captures OTA signals, transcodes them and then sends them to you via the Internet. But its not against the law if you do that yourself. There are a few products on the market that can do this. One of them is Simple.TV.
We also discuss:
- Just announced: HT Guys Simple.TV Giveaway!
- U.S. ranks 13th worldwide in readiness for 4K video
- Samsung to end plasma TV production this year
- Aereo subscribers are offered free antennas by retailer
- Wink, Home Depot Aim to āTake Confusion Outā of Home Automation
and a lot more...
listen now - mp3
Braden RussellHost, HDTV & Home Theater PodcastCheck it out at www.htguys.com