August 29th - SmartThings Home Automation
We have had a running joke about the year of home automation for a few years now. Judging by how many home automation hubs that have been released in the last few months it's safe to say home automation is now mainstream. There is the Revolv (HT Guys Review Podcast #620
) that can speak to Z-Wave, Insteon, and more. It goes for $299. Home Depot got into the game with their $50 Wink Home Automation Hub and connected devices. Staples has a competing $50 product called Staples Connect Home Automation Hub. With all these products you may wonder is there room for anyone else?
We also discuss:
- TiVo's New DVR for Over-the-Air cord cutters
- LG will release some very big Ultra HD OLED TVs
- Seiki 50-Inch 4K UHD 120Hz LED HDTV for $449
- Engineer crafts tech for Ultra HD broadcasting
- DirecTV will deliver on-demand 4K video by the year’s end
- Ultra HD adoption will be driven by streaming
- The Incredible Shrinking Release Date
- 10 Most Important Features of a Home Automation System
- Survey says! U.S. homeowners want DIY home automation
and a lot more...
listen now - mp3
Braden RussellHost, HDTV & Home Theater PodcastCheck it out at www.htguys.com