September 22 Show - The founders of the AVS Forum, David Bott and Alan Gouger - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 33 Old 09-28-2005, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi,

really light blue? I have dark blue. Well, if you guys checked everything twice I need to check my pref of my Firefox explorer. I have no problem with starting the audio services, work all fine (download dialog via Firefox, player opens).

The Problem I had was to read on you page. The answer was to highlight everything. ;)

I`ll try to figure out the problem. I think the monitor settings are fine.

DougMan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 09-29-2005, 12:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad

Both Braden and I appreciate you listening ...

Ara Derderian
And, I appreciate your efforts!

Braden, Ara, David and Alan-

Just wanted to thank you for doing the podcast. I am using my Ipaq 6315 to download and listen to the excellent, entertaining, and informative segments. Can't wait for the next one.

For me, I use the IPAQ with an HS850 motorola hands free Bluetooth ear piece and it is great to listen to while working here or on the road. The system allows me to listen and still, when a phone call comes in I can answer it and your podcast goes on hold then resumes when I end the call. It's not a truely streamlined IPOD method but I like it the way it works with my IPAQ sharing with the cell phone. Just wanted you to hear a slightly different approach to how I am enjoying your Podcasts.

Keep up the great work.
post #33 of 33 Old 10-02-2005, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Ara and Braden,

Thanks for your impetus; perhaps Alan and David agree that your initial efforts are akin to the "early days" with AVS...andwe enthusiasts can expect more and more wonderful things! I envision/predict your "niche" show as rapidly expanding in terms of regular, captive audience members (not least from AVS members), and wish you the best. I remember day-dreaming during my "radio days," during and just- post-college, about a freeing up of FCC spectrum for such niche programming, and dismissing my own daydreams as fantasy. You giys are making it very cool--and, not least--reality, in ways one never envisioned, a decade ago. A kudos to you!

Alan and David: Wow, how nice to "put voices to the faces and written words!"

Having worked in commercial radio, I'm acutely aware that "expected voices," given "known images," aren't always congruent...funny how you guys just "sounded" right--i.e. right-on, given my expectations, and given a ton of posts that I've reviewed, over the year and a half+ of my membership...all my expectations about "congruity of message, forum design, and honest intent" have been fulfilled.

I'm happy to be a (slow) contributing member...slow to let my humor out, slow to let my beliefs out...mainly, 'cause it's often better to listen than to preach, if you ken.

Meanwhile, the vibrant forum you've created is a blessing to all, and I personally thank you. I don't sell audio and video products, anymore (although I did from about age 14 through 18--a passion!); now, with an MS in Industrial Relations, an MBA, and an Ed. S. in Leadership Studies, I'm thinking about re-entering the field, at a higher level (one should follow one's true passions, n'est-ce pas?)...and I have the excellence of this forum as exemplar: as your well-over 150K+ viewers attest, there is a strong base of truly knowledgable afficionados (both within and without the CE industry) that exist, apparently, to serve others. Anyone presuming to serve up their resumes, as I am, in any capacity in the industry must be, given reality and appropriately-given respect, prepared to accept that there's a large, and respectable base of knowledgable consumers that must be deferred to.

Again, one of the reasons why this is so is because of your efforts. Thanks, the symbiosis is so mutually beneficial! (Sometimes relevatory...)

Respectfully,

Will Sullivan
(willdao)

[a.k.a. "willdao= 1) "Where there's a Will there's a way!"; 2) paradoxically, "the 'tao' of willpower transcends only to the extent that "will" transcends the larger stream...not always a good thang, nor a decent bet; one hopes for balance, and consumate good fortune. A balance. One informs and directs the other, ever...and to say "vice versa" is to be "repetitively redundant," my best sly joke...I'm sure you guys know full well how fortunate you are, given that a combination of will and effort have combined so spectacularly, with larger, societal needs, into a critical mass of enthusiasts and customers all finding a compelling "stream" here...and a few folks determined to provide a uniquely high-qulaity expereince at all levels. Thanks! You guys are the gold standard.]
Closed Thread AVS Forum Podcasts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page