January 2 - 2007 Predictions and Xbox 360 Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Today's show

Since this is our first episode for 2007, we decided to take a stab at some HDTV and Home Theater predictions for this year. Ara also put together a review of his new Xbox 360.

Listen now - mp3

Braden Russell
Host, HDTV & Home Theater Podcast
Check it out at www.htguys.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I think Ara's TV may be downconverting 1080i to 540p, especially since HD downloads are 720p and he said they look much better. HD DVD is the best picture quality I've seen on my set.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i agree.... i have NEVER heard anybody say the live downloaded content looks better than hd-dvd. sounds like something is very wrong there.

also the marketplace downloads can play while they are downloading.... but it has to get to a certain point so ara may not have been waiting long enough (since its hd it has to buffer more of the program than itunes non HD)

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/17...arketplace/p1/
Quote:

So, how does the system work? Well, you've got to pay for everything with your Microsoft Points, and we were happy to see that the prices were pretty reasonable. For TV shows, you'll be able to get standard definition shows for 160 points, while HD offerings will be available for 240 points (interestingly, the price is the same no matter how long the show itself is). Best of all, any show you buy is yours to keep forever, and it'll be available to play once you've downloaded enough to act as a buffer. We were able to start watching an episode of "The Venture Bros." after only 10 minutes of downloading. From what we've seen, this looks like a good way to grab an episode of two of your favorite shows. However, if you want to grab a whole season, you're definitely better off just buying the DVD set.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Just listened to your podcast and I heard you say marketplace downloads CAN'T be played back while downloading. This is not true they CAN be played back once the download reaches a certain point. You cannont however fast forward or rewind a movie until it is completely downloaded. No offense but if you are reviewing a product/service I would have thought you'd do a little more homework/research before discussing inaccurate information on your podcast.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-03-2007, 02:44 PM

Liked: 11
That's why he's with AVSF, otherwise he'd be with gamespot, IGN, 1UP, etc LOL
His viewpoint is as good as any, from the HT stand point - not from gamers
Reply AVS Forum Podcasts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page