Calibration Myth Killer... - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #61 of 62 Old 09-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In regards to BB teaching in HT...I work in HT, I am just a college student trying to pay for rent and I sure as hell dont plan on working there a day after I graduate. I can attest to the fact that I was told to tell people considering a calibration about how it can save you money. I never emphasize this in my sales, I focus more on gamma, greyscale, accurate overall colors and geometry. If someone asks about our calibration demo I say that calibrated sets will typically run a little cooler that defualt settings because the brightness and contrast are turned up too high out of the box.

Am I the only BB employee out there who doesn't sell stuff they dont believe in or say what they want us to say? I dont ever sell things to people if I dont think they need it...I dont work on commission so why would I? I do think you should get a warranty on your set, I would never pay BB prices (especially the new GSBTPT) but I have had a set fail and I had a warranty to fall back on. I never tell people to get HDMI cords they dont need, I just suggest our brands for less money than monster.

oy...so much drama in the AVS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 256
we are done here

please remember: challenge the information in the post and never the poster

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
Closed Thread Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page