i1pro or Chroma 5 or ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I just recently had my Sony KDS60A3000 TV ISF calibrated and was amazed with the results.

I started doing some research on some entry level equipment so I can learn and keep my set in adjustment over the next few years (until something else comes along) and maybe learn enough to do my family/freinds TV's as well. I know that in my price range I will not be able to mimic a real pro's adjustment but if i can come close that will be fine.

I have <1k for equipment and in my research I have narrowed it down to either the i1pro or Chroma 5 (maybe even the i1 display2). in my house i have 3 other 32" CRT based TV's and all my family/friends have anywhere from the LCD to Plasma TV's (no projection TV's).

I am leaning toward the i1pro/calman package but if there are any other ones out there that might fit what I will be doing or the i1pro package is not the best one for me please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 88
The I1 Pro would be the best choice IMO under $1K (even a little more) and it's good on a variety of display types.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me with your Display & City

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #3 of 3 Old 12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeway View Post

Hello,

I just recently had my Sony KDS60A3000 TV ISF calibrated and was amazed with the results.

I started doing some research on some entry level equipment so I can learn and keep my set in adjustment over the next few years (until something else comes along) and maybe learn enough to do my family/freinds TV's as well. I know that in my price range I will not be able to mimic a real pro's adjustment but if i can come close that will be fine.

I have <1k for equipment and in my research I have narrowed it down to either the i1pro or Chroma 5 (maybe even the i1 display2). in my house i have 3 other 32" CRT based TV's and all my family/friends have anywhere from the LCD to Plasma TV's (no projection TV's).

I am leaning toward the i1pro/calman package but if there are any other ones out there that might fit what I will be doing or the i1pro package is not the best one for me please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
James

Out of those choices and price range I would go with the I1pro. It has served me well for close to a year. Very nice setup when packaged with the Calman software (plenty of information).
After you gain some knowledge and practice. If some freinds and relatives have 8th or 9th generation Pioneers you can invest in the Controlcal software and get some experience on the ISF adjustments.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page