post #5521 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisavrct View Post
I am using a WD TV Live Plus as my generator source and I have to use MP4 format. I have the GCD MP4 loaded onto my flash drive but the colors do not match up.
Be careful with the WDTV. I believe RGB LOW is the only colour space which complies to standard. Even then, it can change between firmwares. I also had problems with an older display where luminance would go completely off the reservation after switching to a different HDMI input and then back to the WD again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5522 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter73 View Post
Your mediaplayer can read iso files, so why not store the disc as an iso image for calibration?
Check if you Media Player can play Blu-Ray ISO files with Full Menu Navigation.... If it can play them with full menus then ask from Tom if he can provide you the Blu-Ray ISO Download instead of sending you the actual Blu-Ray Disk Copy.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #5523 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if the calibration disc sold by ChromaPure is in MP4 format? I am using a WD TV Live Plus as my generator source and I have to use MP4 format. I have the GCD MP4 loaded onto my flash drive but the colors do not match up. I would buy the ChromaPure disc but I don't think it is in the right format. I own a Sencore VP403C but the colorchecker pattern is not on it.

Any ideas?
Thanks
hollisavrct
Hi, I have seen that ChromaPure Calibration Disc contains the ColorChecker Patterns and not the ColorChecker Skintones Patterns that came as a measuring feature of ChromaPure after the initial disk release.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
post #5524 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 03:32 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi, I have seen that ChromaPure Calibration Disc contains the ColorChecker Patterns and not the ColorChecker Skintones Patterns that came as a measuring feature of ChromaPure after the initial disk release.
So the disc does not have the correct pattern which means the only pattern that works is the built in one?

hollisavrct
post #5525 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So the disc does not have the correct pattern which means the only pattern that works is the built in one?

hollisavrct
ChromaPure software has 2 ColorChecker type of measurements:

ColorChecker Classic (24 Patches)

ColorChecker Skintones (16 Patches)

ChromaPure Calibration Disc has the required patterns for the ColorChecker Classic measurement.

Currenly, ColorChecker Skintones are not available inside that disk according to current version features list.

Of-course it has the correct RGB Triplets for each pattern in the ColorChecker Classic Chapter.

post #5526 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
ChromaPure software has 2 ColorChecker type of measurements:

ColorChecker Classic (24 Patches)

ColorChecker Skintones (16 Patches)

ChromaPure Calibration Disc has the required patterns for the ColorChecker Classic measurement.

Currenly, ColorChecker Skintones are not available inside that disk according to current version features list.

Of-course it has the correct RGB Triplets for each pattern in the ColorChecker Classic Chapter.
We released the Skin Tones update to ChromaPure AFTER we had released the disc. However, the disc has been subsequently updated. Existing users can get a new version on request.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #5527 of 5531 Old 07-02-2014, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if the calibration disc sold by ChromaPure is in MP4 format? I am using a WD TV Live Plus as my generator source and I have to use MP4 format. I have the GCD MP4 loaded onto my flash drive but the colors do not match up. I would buy the ChromaPure disc but I don't think it is in the right format. I own a Sencore VP403C but the colorchecker pattern is not on it.
In fact, the Sencore does not support any custom colors. That is, it only supports RGBYCMW at 21 levels of intensity. You'll need a more modern signal generator for this.

The disc is a standard Blu-ray.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #5528 of 5531 Old 07-03-2014, 02:44 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
In fact, the Sencore does not support any custom colors. That is, it only supports RGBYCMW at 21 levels of intensity. You'll need a more modern signal generator for this.

The disc is a standard Blu-ray.
Can I use the GCD disc?

Thanks
hollisavrct
post #5529 of 5531 Old 07-03-2014, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Can I use the GCD disc?
You'll have to ask the author.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #5530 of 5531 Old 07-04-2014, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I bought the Chromapure package with a i1 Display 3 Upgraded (Pro) meter. I m going to use a 'HTPC CMS' solution (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1471169-madvr-argyllcms-57.html#post25501642) but I need a ''meter correction file''. Did my Chromapure package came with a meter correction file? I can t find anything about this. All I have is a license file for Chromapure.
post #5531 of 5531 Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
I bought the Chromapure package with a i1 Display 3 Upgraded (Pro) meter. I m going to use a 'HTPC CMS' solution (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1471169-madvr-argyllcms-57.html#post25501642) but I need a ''meter correction file''. Did my Chromapure package came with a meter correction file? I can t find anything about this. All I have is a license file for Chromapure.
The corrections are built-in to the ChromaPure license file. You should have also gotten a calibration report that documents the corrections made. Presumably the information in this document can be used to generate a correction file for ArgyllCMS, but you'd have to ask them about this.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page