post #541 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteS View Post

Great to see 2.0 out :-) Quick q - any guidance on what the "optional add-on" cost for the auto calibrate module for the Duo will be. I'm eligible for a free upgrade, but trying to work out if the Pro route makes sense. It seems that there Pro route upgrade cost is the same whether you're eligible for the free upgrade or not - is that right?

We haven't finalized pricing on that, but my guess--and at this point it is only a guess--is that the price will be in the ballpark of the current Pro upgrade option. So, if you plan on going that route anyway the Pro upgrade may very well pay for itself.

That's correct. Only relatively new customers are entitled to a free 2.0 upgrade, but any 1.x customer is entitled to the special time-limited price for the Pro 2.0 version.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I did not own Chromapure, but $100 for the pro upgrade with unlimited meter support and auto-calibration and etc is a steal. Currently under the standard version, 2 meter will already get you to the $300 mark...
Tom, is it then true to say that as a new customer, I can get the Chromapure PRO at $300 MSRP till Sept 30? (Hope I am not violating any rules as I believe MSRP is allowed).
post #543 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

I did not own Chromapure, but $100 for the pro upgrade with unlimited meter support and auto-calibration and etc is a steal. Currently under the standard version, 2 meter will already get you to the $300 mark...
Tom, is it then true to say that as a new customer, I can get the Chromapure PRO at $300 MSRP till Sept 30? (Hope I am not violating any rules as I believe MSRP is allowed).

Sorry, no. The $100 upgrade to Pro is for existing 1.x customers only. It is my way of rewarding early adopters.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #544 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 55
The 2.0 upgrade at $100 is well worth the price of entry for the unlimited meter support alone. I aleady sent my order through. Too bad the meter list still excludes the Color Munki. I am sure if that could be included in the list of supported meters it would be. x-rite needs a whipping if it is still witholding CM support. My personal opinion if that is true it is restraint of trade.

Just another blank signature.
post #545 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 44
The $100 to upgrade to the Pro is indeed a generous offer, hard to refuse. I'm just not sure, though, if the Pro version of 2.0 will be so overkill for me that it will be harder to use than the simple 1.1 version I now have and feel comfortable with. ?

Also, I now have an I1Pro and a Display2. Is there anything that the Chroma5 would add to this combination?
post #546 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

The $100 to upgrade to the Pro is indeed a generous offer, hard to refuse. I'm just not sure, though, if the Pro version of 2.0 will be so overkill for me that it will be harder to use than the simple 1.1 version I now have and feel comfortable with. ?

Also, I now have an I1Pro and a Display2. Is there anything that the Chroma5 would add to this combination?

I think the workflow and etc are the same, except it offer more reporting, and of course with the unlimited# of meter support, and the yet to come auto-calibration with DUO... Too bad it is only for "old customer". I sort of hold back and wait for the new version to come out..

Chroma5 is the current top of the line colorimeter, and I think it is more accurate than i1D2 on the lower IRE scale. Otherwise, as long as you profile your i1PRO and i1D2 everytime, it should be "good enough".. of course, "good enough" is a very subjective terms in calibration world :P
post #547 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

I think the workflow and etc are the same, except it offer more reporting, and of course with the unlimited# of meter support, and the yet to come auto-calibration with DUO... Too bad it is only for "old customer". I sort of hold back and wait for the new version to come out..

Chroma5 is the current top of the line colorimeter, and I think it is more accurate than i1D2 on the lower IRE scale. Otherwise, as long as you profile your i1PRO and i1D2 everytime, it should be "good enough".. of course, "good enough" is a very subjective terms in calibration world :P

The workflow are indeed the same. Think of it as simply adding more features and support for more devices.

The $100 limited time upgrade from Standard -> Pro is a real bargain (in my humble opinion). For about the cost of one extra meter licence, you get support for *all* meters plus extra features.

So if you think you have any interest in adding an extra meter any time in the future, this $100 upgrade cost for the same money is a real bargain since you get support for an unlimited number of meters - not just the one you're thinking of adding.

I'm working on my ChromaPure 2 upgrade pages and newsletter as I write this... shouldn't be long...

Kal
post #548 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Not that I will be able to take advantage of this, but is the unlimited number of meter support for "current" meters, or will it include any new meter that Chromapure decide to support "later"? (like ColorMunki?? )
Again, $100 upgrade is indeed a steal. I will not even hesitate. On the other hand, $900 is quite expensive and is really target for true professional, not enthusiast....
post #549 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 07:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post

The workflow are indeed the same. Think of it as simply adding more features and support for more devices.

The $100 limited time upgrade from Standard -> Pro is a real bargain (in my humble opinion). For about the cost of one extra meter licence, you get support for *all* meters plus extra features.

So if you think you have any interest in adding an extra meter any time in the future, this $100 upgrade cost for the same money is a real bargain since you get support for an unlimited number of meters - not just the one you're thinking of adding.

I'm working on my ChromaPure 2 upgrade pages and newsletter as I write this... shouldn't be long...

Kal

Kal, So one should do the $100 deal through you?
post #550 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Tom, great to hear v2 is now here, questions:

1. My CP 1.3 is licensed with an i1, but I also have a Spyder 3, what do you reckon is the advantage of adding Spyder 3 to the workflow, eg, dark reading, etc?

2. When do you expect full Duo support?

Thanks.

post #551 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not that I will be able to take advantage of this, but is the unlimited number of meter support for "current" meters, or will it include any new meter that Chromapure decide to support "later"? (like ColorMunki?? )

It includes all current and future meters.
Quote:

Again, $100 upgrade is indeed a steal. I will not even hesitate. On the other hand, $900 is quite expensive and is really target for true professional, not enthusiast....

Hence the "Professional" title.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #552 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 10:38 PM

Liked: 10
Tom, Is the V 2 Downloadable ?
post #553 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

1. My CP 1.3 is licensed with an i1, but I also have a Spyder 3, what do you reckon is the advantage of adding Spyder 3 to the workflow, eg, dark reading, etc?

2. When do you expect full Duo support?

It has much better low-light capabilities and you could use the i1Pro to correct its response.

Support as a signal generator is available now. We will add further support for auto-calibrate this Fall.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #554 of 5841 Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmat-d View Post

Tom, Is the V 2 Downloadable ?

Yes, but you need a new license, so request one through CP support.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #555 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So let me see if I understand this correctly.....existing users can upgrade to version 2 for $60 or version 2 Professional for $100. The $40 difference gives us the ability to use any/all supported meters along with the other Professional features. Steal is an understatement IMO. But, looking down the road .... version 3 will eventually happen and upgrading the standard version is likely to be in the $60 neighborhood. What neighborhood will the upgrade cost for the Professional version be in (and could we "downgrade" at that time)???

Geof
post #556 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kal, So one should do the $100 deal through you?

See the "ChromaPure Standard to Professional Upgrade" BUY NOW button here: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

For those that purchased prior to the June 1, 2010 cut-off, we also offer the upgrade to ChromaPure Standard 2.0 at a discounted price. (See the same link as above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

So let me see if I understand this correctly.....existing users can upgrade to version 2 for $60 or version 2 Professional for $100. The $40 difference gives us the ability to use any/all supported meters along with the other Professional features. Steal is an understatement IMO.

That is correct. Upgrading to pro for $100 if you think you'll ever add another meter some time in the future or change your meter to a different type. Then there's all the extra signal generator support, Duo and Radiance automation coming soon, and so on.

Kal
post #557 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 09:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So having purchased CP some months ago, it is $60 to upgrade to 2.0, and another $100 to go from Std --> Pro, correct?
post #558 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Correct. In fact, several people have misunderstood this. Everyone who was already a 1.x user can upgrade to the Professional version for $100. However, if you purchased before June 1 of this year, you must first upgrade to 2.0 to be eligible for this.

The Professional version is available to 2.0 users only.

The whole point of what I think is a fabulous deal for the Professional upgrade is to reward early adopters who supported us from the beginning. It is not aimed at those who did not but now see this as a great deal.

Quote:

So having purchased CP some months ago, it is $60 to upgrade to 2.0, and another $100 to go from Std --> Pro, correct?

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #559 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Not quite. It depends on when the "existing user" originally purchased ChromaPure. If it was on or after June 1, then they can upgrade to the Professional version for $100. This only comes in 2.0 (there is no 1.3 Professional). If it was before that then they must purchase a 2.0 upgrade license AND a Professional upgrade license. Total for them: $159.95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

So let me see if I understand this correctly.....existing users can upgrade to version 2 for $60 or version 2 Professional for $100. The $40 difference gives us the ability to use any/all supported meters along with the other Professional features. Steal is an understatement IMO. But, looking down the road .... version 3 will eventually happen and upgrading the standard version is likely to be in the $60 neighborhood. What neighborhood will the upgrade cost for the Professional version be in (and could we "downgrade" at that time)???

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #560 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I hate to ask, but these days it's best to be sure. Is Chromapure compatible with 64bit OS?
post #561 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

I hate to ask, but these days it's best to be sure. Is Chromapure compatible with 64bit OS?

Yes it is
post #562 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post

Yes it is

Excellent.

I'm still waiting for Epson to get off their butts and deliver a 64bit driver for my scanner ... hence the need to keep my 8 yr old XP system on life support.
post #563 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Well i have CalMan Pro but need a new tri stim probe so the deal on CurtPalme. com was to good to pass up! got the C5 pro with Chroampure and the extra 100 for the pro license
to add my i1 Pro and D2.!! I cant wait to see how the interactive mode for the radiance works compared to CalMan's once it comes out.

Athanasios
post #564 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 AM

Just wanted to clear something up.

Website says 'ANY ChromaPure user who wishes to upgrade their license to the new Professional version may do so now for $100. This is a one-time-only discounted offer and is good only through September 30, 2010....'

So does this mean if I bought Chromapure 2.0 Standard today I can then turn around and upgrade to Pro for an additional $100? Bringing the total to $280 I believe.

Stephen Cooper
THX Certified Video Calibrator
Digital Video Calibrations LLC
http://www.digitalvideocalibrations.com
post #565 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

This is a mistake. I have already notified the CurtPalme folks of this.

Again, the $100 upgrade offer Professional is only available to EXISTING ChromaPure users.

I might consider a promotional offer that expires at the end of September for new users, but it will be more than $100 (but considerably less than $999).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper750 View Post

Just wanted to clear something up.

Website says 'ANY ChromaPure user who wishes to upgrade their license to the new Professional version may do so now for $100. This is a one-time-only discounted offer and is good only through September 30, 2010....'

So does this mean if I bought Chromapure 2.0 Standard today I can then turn around and upgrade to Pro for an additional $100? Bringing the total to $280 I believe.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #566 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 AM

I am assuming that any chromapure user ( 1.XX) to professional only pay USD100 ?

Standard to Professional ChromaPure Video Calibration Software Upgrade--available only to users who have purchased ChromaPure 1.x before 09/13/2010. Offer expires 10/01/2010.
post #567 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Just wanted to clarify Tom. I figured it was an oversight on the website's behalf.
If there are any NEW PRO user deals i'm sure others would love to hear it also

Stephen Cooper
THX Certified Video Calibrator
Digital Video Calibrations LLC
http://www.digitalvideocalibrations.com
post #568 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Website's been updated. Sorry for the confusion!

Quote:

I am assuming that any chromapure user ( 1.XX) to professional only pay USD100 ?

Version 2.0 is required to upgrade to Pro. How you get to 2.0 depends on when you purchased 1.xx:

1. If you purchased 1.xx before June 1, 2010 then it's $59.95 (or $55.95 at CurtPalme.com). So your total cost to go to Pro is about $160.

2. If you purchased after June 1, 2010 then you upgrade to 2.0 for free. So your total cost to go to Pro is $100.

Kal
post #569 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Standard to Professional ChromaPure Video Calibration Software Upgrade--available only to users who have purchased ChromaPure 1.x before 09/13/2010. Offer expires 10/01/2010.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=559

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #570 of 5841 Old 09-14-2010, 11:14 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Just to be clear, here are the rules:

1. Current ChromaPure users who purchased on or after June 1, 2010 are entitled to a free upgrade to Version 2.0. Email us for your free upgrade instructions!

2. All other users may upgrade from any earlier version to ChromaPure Standard 2.0 for $59.95. ($55.95 CurtPalme.com discounted price).

3. Any existing ChromaPure user who has upgraded to 2.0 may also upgrade their license to the new Professional version now for $100. This is a one-time-only discounted offer and is good only through September 30, 2010 for existing customers. After that, all upgrades from Standard to Professional version will be $800.

I admit it's confusing but I don't know any clearer way to write it. Sorry again for the confusion!

Kal
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page