post #5851 of 5865 Old 12-11-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post
Hopefully Tom can chime in here if I need correcting, but it's pretty much the nature of the JVCs to have a drooping gamma at the high end.
If the gamma takes a nose dive at the top end--and he described it as falling completely off the chart--then that is almost certainly a symptom of a a too-high-contrast setting.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5852 of 5865 Old 12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well , it's been a while since anyone's bellied up to the Bar and asked...what's the latest word on a Version 3 of Chromapure ?
Is there a need ?
Scott.......................

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
post #5853 of 5865 Old 12-15-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_R_K View Post
Well , it's been a while since anyone's bellied up to the Bar and asked...what's the latest word on a Version 3 of Chromapure ?
Is there a need ?
I am shooting for the first quarter of next year. It will have a lot of really cool new features--the biggest upgrade to CP since release--but whether there is a "need" will be up to users to decide.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #5854 of 5865 Old 12-15-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks Tom , I look forward to supporting Chromapure in the New Year !

Merry Christmas ,

Scott.........................
dsinger likes this.

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
post #5855 of 5865 Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
I am shooting for the first quarter of next year. It will have a lot of really cool new features--the biggest upgrade to CP since release--but whether there is a "need" will be up to users to decide.
Tom will this also take care of the problem I was having with my DVG-5000 where I could not use the APL patterns?

Thanks
hollis
post #5856 of 5865 Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't used CP in a while, but am trying to do an auto cal with my DVDO Iscan Duo. This is the first calibration I have attempted using this laptop (latest CP on a MacBook Pro Retina using bootcamp, Windows 7). I believe I have the I have the DVDO setup properly with Stop Bits=1, Baud=9600,but I can not get a test pattern to display. The USB->Serial converter does show up in the Windows devices . I have deleted and added the DVDO in the Signal Genrators and restarted CP several times to no avail. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot the connection or where to go next ?
Thanks
Dan

EDIT: Nevermind-- I got it, the DVDO was set for a different Baudrate

Last edited by mintakaX; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
post #5857 of 5865 Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
If the gamma takes a nose dive at the top end--and he described it as falling completely off the chart--then that is almost certainly a symptom of a a too-high-contrast setting.
My apologies for not getting back to everyone sooner. Was on a business trip in Europe and it took my brain a couple of days to solidify back to normal after returning home.

As Tom said contrast was too high, which I sure was causing a fair amount of issues. I took readings of several gamma settings and found one that was flat and close to 2.0, with the exception of falling nearly off the chart at the top end. I then reduced the contrast setting to -10 and this brought the top end more in line with everything else. Adjusted WB @ 20 and 80%. 100% was .7-.8 de off 80, so I left it alone.

Set to 70% of REC.709, 2.22 gamma, 125pt color for auto calibration off the screen.

Got a good calibration out of it and had to manually touch-up 10% grey (red too high). Was getting some funky readings off the meter and later realized I forgot to turn off the Darbee in my 2041 after all was said and done. I had spaced Tom’s earlier post of un-install Chromapure, fix .net and re-install Chromapure. My brain is still not back to 100%..... ummmm…. I’m not sure it’s ever 100%....

I stopped using the DI a while ago since it seems to have become a little buggy and do run “Grad Priority” which works great at pulling out shadow details without having to raise Brightness.

Things look a lot better now and I will see how stable it stays. Perhaps some evening when I’m bored, I’ll zero everything out and try again. Hopefully this time remember to turn off the Darbee and use a fresh install of CP.

Thanks everyone! This “hobby” is a never ending and sometimes frustrating learning experience. The reward for me is when friends and family come over for a movie and are blown away by the experience.

Looking forward to seeing what CP 3.0 has in store!
post #5858 of 5865 Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just went through re-learning how to use CP's auto cal (with DVDO Duo) and doing it on a bootcamp retina MacBookPro was pure torture. I will not spend any more money on software that is not written for a Mac, but I will be one of the first in line to upgrade to a Mac version of CP. No disrespect intended, truly, but having to do two builds (PC and Mac) doesn't seem like a valid enough reason to eliminate the ever growing Mac faction.
post #5859 of 5865 Old Today, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi, Tom.

I see you posting here, but I would appreciate you to fix all the issues I have reported to you.

1. Win 8.1x64, Excel 2013. Creation of the ColorChecker report does not work. You have confirmed it per email, but this was couple of months ago. I cant generate reports for my customers.

2. Since updating to last version of I experience a communication freeze with Accupel DWG-5000 everytime I select a pattern ( for example checkerboard or black/white contrast patterns ) using the menu in Chromapure. The Accupel „stucks“ on the pattern and when I move for example back to the white balance module, it wont trigger the change of the pattern set. It basically stops there and I have to restart Chromapure/Session. This freeze happens also when I use the remote. Reported per email to you 2 weeks ago, reminded 4 days ago, no response.

You mention major upgrade in Q1, but sorry, that is way too late. The way Chromapure works today and measures for example gamut points ( ACMS ), how many small bugs were and are still there, how Chromapure generates reports, how all reports look and how the software logic works makes me seriously start considering Calman. After almost 2 years of usage Im disappointed.

Peter
post #5860 of 5865 Old Today, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
Hi, Tom.

I see you posting here, but I would appreciate you to fix all the issues I have reported to you.

1. Win 8.1x64, Excel 2013. Creation of the ColorChecker report does not work. You have confirmed it per email, but this was couple of months ago. I cant generate reports for my customers.

2. Since updating to last version of I experience a communication freeze with Accupel DWG-5000 everytime I select a pattern ( for example checkerboard or black/white contrast patterns ) using the menu in Chromapure. The Accupel „stucks“ on the pattern and when I move for example back to the white balance module, it wont trigger the change of the pattern set. It basically stops there and I have to restart Chromapure/Session. This freeze happens also when I use the remote. Reported per email to you 2 weeks ago, reminded 4 days ago, no response.

You mention major upgrade in Q1, but sorry, that is way too late. The way Chromapure works today and measures for example gamut points ( ACMS ), how many small bugs were and are still there, how Chromapure generates reports, how all reports look and how the software logic works makes me seriously start considering Calman. After almost 2 years of usage Im disappointed.

Peter
I am also having the same problems with the DVG-5000 with windows 8.1 64. We paid good money for the DVG-5000 and it would be nice to be able to use it as intended. I love the software and the DVG-5000 but you meed to make them work correctly.

hollis
post #5861 of 5865 Old Today, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Were you having this problem with windows 7?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #5862 of 5865 Old Today, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Were you having this problem with windows 7?
I don't know because I was running 8.1 when I updated chromapure.

hollis
post #5863 of 5865 Old Today, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
@Jim
My previous computer had Win7 and Excel 2010. Color Checker worked there. But this is irrelevant, I need Win8 x64 and Excel 2013. Did Tom wrote that his SW is not comaptible with Win8 or Excel2013? No. They should test their software. No laptop is being sold with Win7 for the past year and Excel 2010 cant be purchased either.
post #5864 of 5865 Old Today, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
No laptop is being sold with Win7 for the past year and Excel 2010 cant be purchased either.
That is interesting as I just ordered a Windows 7 laptop ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...986&CatId=2814 ) for one of my users. Office 2010, that includes Excel, is available from a number of places. For example: http://www.softwareking.com/home-stu...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

We are still on a Windows 7 / Office 2010 environment for desktops/laptops simply because we have some line-of-business applications that we are still testing on Windows 8.1. When there are issues it is best to work politely with your vendor to resolve any issues.

It may be something simple - like a .NET version downgrade - to get you up and running again. Or it may be something else. From what I have seen on this forum support from Tom on any number of issues has been exemplary.

Good Luck
maximus74 likes this.

JVC RS57, Denon 4520-CI, Lumagen 2041, SI BD 144" 2.35 1.4 Gain Screen
Triad Silver inRoom LCR, Triad 600 DSP Platinum Sub
Triad Bronze OnWall Surround. Bronze InCeiling LCR Back Surround
OPPO-103 + Roku Stick, Dune Base 3D, Dune 303D
DirecTV HR21, Apple TV, ~30 TB Promise iSCSI SAN Storage
Upstairs: Denon X3000, LGPN6500 TV, Polk 5.1 Speakers + Sub
post #5865 of 5865 Old Today, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
That is interesting as I just ordered a Windows 7 laptop ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...986&CatId=2814 ) for one of my users. Office 2010, that includes Excel, is available from a number of places. For example: http://www.softwareking.com/home-stu...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

We are still on a Windows 7 / Office 2010 environment for desktops/laptops simply because we have some line-of-business applications that we are still testing on Windows 8.1. When there are issues it is best to work politely with your vendor to resolve any issues.

It may be something simple - like a .NET version downgrade - to get you up and running again. Or it may be something else. From what I have seen on this forum support from Tom on any number of issues has been exemplary.

Good Luck
Don't get me wrong I think Tom has done great with the software. I know that he will work these problems out once we tell him about them. I will stick with the software.

hollis
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page