The Official ChromaPure thread - Page 205 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 77Likes

post #6121 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
The meter is listed in my CP license, but I can't find the i1Pro2 file or i1Pro D2 folder anywhere. Shouldn't the folder be available?

I'm waiting for CP support to respond.

BTW, I exchanged my Dell this morning for a Windows 7 laptop. I'm creating a recovery disc at this very moment. I find the Windows 7 platform so much easier to navigate.
See below.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6122 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoclast View Post
Your USB/serial adapter cable might have a Prolific chipset and that could be causing you problems. FTDI chipset is what you need.

This one has worked fine for me. I'd install the drivers off the company's site though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-039-_-Product
I'll check the cables I have and compare when I get back home. Up until now, my only concern with serial cables was making sure they were NULL cables and that they had the right connectors.

Tom has posted where to look for the i1Pro driver. I went to the X-rite support site, but didn't want to risk downloading their diagnostic software along with the driver.

Last edited by Pres2play; 01-21-2015 at 05:13 PM.
post #6123 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
No Correlation. I just have not used my CP stuff since a couple of windows updates. I did notice a Big Update to the .NET side on the last update, thats why I was concerned about how my stuff was working.
I would of thought the iPro2 driver would of have been embedded in the CP Software, since you have to have the license for the meter.
I also bought my Windows 8.1 computer just for Chromapure. I didn't want to run CP on my old laptop, hobbled with USB port issues, even though it still works.

So is your CP software running okay with Windows 8? I installed it on two Windows 8 laptops, not just one. I returned each one.

Last edited by Pres2play; 01-21-2015 at 08:10 PM.
post #6124 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
The driver files are included as part of the ChromaPure installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\Drivers\i1Pro2
Thanks, Tom. I was looking for it earlier in the Port Properties box in Device Manager, under Browse My Computer, and didn't see it. When I make it home later, I'll print that information and tape it to the bottom of the Mini.

Correction: I'll tape it to the i1Pro2.

Last edited by Pres2play; 01-21-2015 at 05:10 PM.
post #6125 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 06:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
I also bought my Windows 8.1 computer just for Chromapure. I didn't want to run CP on a laptop hobbled with USB port issues, even though it still works.

So is your CP software running okay with Windows 8? I installed it on two Windows 8 laptops, not just one. I returned each one.
It has been. I will set up everything in the next couple of days, and see if anything has changed, with the Windows Updates.
Please don't get me confused with some type of expert. I am the farthest thing from that as you can get.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

Last edited by Glenee; 01-21-2015 at 06:22 PM.
post #6126 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
After three days of trouble shooting, I'm throwing in the towel and exchanging the laptop for a Windows 7 unit. I don't know what it is, but Windows 8 will not recognize the Lumagen Mini-3D or my i1 Pro2, using either the USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports. I tried un-installing and reinstalling CP a dozen times, running the recommended NetFxRepairTool, restoring Windows to factory default and downloading all the Windows updates again and again (tiresome!). I even enabled .Net Framework3.5 (Windows 8 eliminated Net 1.0, or 1.1, or whatever), in case Chromapure required the full chain.

I also tried several powered hubs - one by Inland, which is USB 3.0 - and those didn't work.

Here's a shot of the CCleaner Registry showing the missing Net 1.1 Framework and after installing 3.5.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the i1DisplayPro works perfectly, go figure. I'm only having trouble with i1 Pro2 and the Mini.
i get this issue on one of my laptops as well. I normally am able to connect if i specifically go into CP and under the settings for the calibration device i go in and manually type in COM 3 or 4 depending. It will only then connect successfully to the lumagen. Its the little ellipsses button and then settings iirc.

In search of video bliss...
post #6127 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It has been. I will set up everything in the next couple of days, and see if anything has changed, with the Windows Updates.
Please don't get me confused with some type of expert. I am the farthest thing from that as you can get.
Good luck! Have you updated to Chromapure 2.5.7? And are you using Lumagen device?

Last edited by Pres2play; 01-21-2015 at 08:04 PM.
post #6128 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post
i get this issue on one of my laptops as well. I normally am able to connect if i specifically go into CP and under the settings for the calibration device i go in and manually type in COM 3 or 4 depending. It will only then connect successfully to the lumagen. Its the little ellipsses button and then settings iirc.
When I see a blank COM box and type in a number, it always results in an error message of some type. To me, a blank box means the Port is not getting a signal and something is wrong.

I'm assuming you were talking about when the box is blank, naturally. When there's a number already in the COM box, you can change it I believe.

Last edited by Pres2play; 01-21-2015 at 08:20 PM.
post #6129 of 6139 Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
When I see a blank COM box and type in a number, it always results in an error message of some type. To me, a blank box means the Port is not getting a signal and something is wrong.

I'm assuming you were talking about when the box is blank, naturally. When there's a number already in the COM box, you can change it I believe.
corrected when it blank of if its different thsn what you know.

In search of video bliss...
post #6130 of 6139 Old 01-22-2015, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
The driver files are included as part of the ChromaPure installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\Drivers\i1Pro2

Everything is working now. Thanks!
post #6131 of 6139 Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Good luck! Have you updated to Chromapure 2.5.7? And are you using a Lumagen device?
I have not updated. I have used CP with DVDO and Lumagen Mini in my system. I own neither now and just live with the manual Calibration. On my displays, which none are of the projector type, the manual Cal. is good enough for my old eye's.
Nice to see that all your stuff is working now.

I am waiting on the CP 3.0 Upgrade and will just do it all at once. I think.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

Last edited by Glenee; 01-22-2015 at 10:00 AM.
post #6132 of 6139 Old 01-22-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have a very interesting challenge:

I bought a Infitec Passive 3D system. The kit consist of 2 Epson TW9200 projectors, a Infitec 3D splitter and polarized 3D glasses.

The Epson projectors are 2 hardware modified projectors. When switching to 'Cinema Mode' the projector internally switches to the build-in Infitec filters. The big challenge is to calibrate the two projectors. Both projectors have a different filter build in which corresponds to the right and left eye (so to the right and left part of the 3D glasses too). Infitec says the two filters try to compromise as good as possible so you have a decent picture when looking through both glasses. My goal is to get a D65 calibration. I have a thought on how to accomplish this but I m not sure if this is the right way so I ll need some input from here. What I think that I need to do:

1. put on projector A ('right eye projector') and calibrate it with the right side of the polarized glasses to D65
2. put on projector B ('left eye projector') and calibrate it with the right side of the polarized glasses to D65

HOWEVER! because both filters have a pretty big effect on I think the primary colors I will lose a lot of light with above method. So in the end it would be better to have projector A show eg. more red and projector B show more blue and that together they compromise each other and have a approx D65 result. But I think it is not possible to measure this because my meter of course cannot 'look' through both glasses (R and L) at the same time.......

Input needed
post #6133 of 6139 Old 01-22-2015, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have not updated. I have used CP with DVDO and Lumagen Mini in my system. I own neither now and just live with the manual Calibration. On my displays, which none are of the projector type, the manual Cal. is good enough for my old eye's.
Nice to see that all your stuff is working now.

I am waiting on the CP 3.0 Upgrade and will just do it all at once. I think.
You should be okay, then. My issue was mainly with the Mini.
post #6134 of 6139 Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Tom, I'm not getting a reading at 0 IRE in my pre-cal. In fact, I have to select 10 IRE to get the Lumagen patterns going. Is this okay? I'm using the new OLED correction file.

EDIT: Also no 0 IRE reading with i1d3 set to plasma.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-cal measurement.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	499394  

Last edited by Pres2play; Yesterday at 09:41 AM.
post #6135 of 6139 Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I get a reading at 5 IRE.
post #6136 of 6139 Old Today, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Tom, I'm not getting a reading at 0 IRE in my pre-cal. In fact, I have to select 10 IRE to get the Lumagen patterns going. Is this okay? I'm using the new OLED correction file.

EDIT: Also no 0 IRE reading with i1d3 set to plasma.
Well, just think about this. How much light would an "infinite contrast" display like the OLED put out when fed a 0% test pattern?

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6137 of 6139 Old Today, 03:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Okay, just thought the luminance (Y) reading was needed at 0% black for the measurement to be complete.
post #6138 of 6139 Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,

For TV (Sony UHD lcd/led), do I have to use windowed or field pattern generator for the calibration process?
I heard about windowed but some customers said it's better to use the field one ... (?).

thx
post #6139 of 6139 Old Today, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,

For TV (Sony UHD lcd/led), do I have to use windowed or field pattern generator for the calibration process?
I heard about windowed but some customers said it's better to use the field one ... (?).

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page