The Official ChromaPure thread - Page 207 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80Likes
post #6181 of 6189 Unread Today, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks Ted and Tom , new it would be something I have overlooked.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6189 Unread Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post
Thanks Ted and Tom , new it would be something I have overlooked.
You can use the Grayscale Chapter also, I have enabled Chapter Search to ChromaPure's Chapters, so if you press with your Blu-Ray NumPad a number, you will go directly to each patch. For example while you re into 11-Point Grayscale Chapter and press ''5'' you will go to 30%, if you press ''10'' you will go to 80% etc.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #6183 of 6189 Unread Today, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
It's impossible to measure 0.00004 fl. with Minolta CS-2000.

CNET used a Minolta CS-2000 (CNET: Our primary mechanical test device is a Konica Minolta CS-2000 spectroradiometer, which replaced an older CS-200 in June 2008.)

CS-2000's Lowest Measurement Luminance Range is 0.003 cd/m2 = 0.01 fl. (+-2% Y). You need a CS-2000A to go lower: 0.0005 cd/m2 = 0.00014 fl. (+-2% Y)

To read that low with CS-2000, it takes 243 seconds @ normal mode or 35 sec at fast mode. I don't think that the display at that luminance range will be stable during all that required measuring time and not enter to an auto-dimming mode.

It's better to use Klein for this measurement, which it takes about 0.150 sec to take this measurement and it's Lowest Measurement Luminance Range is 0.00006 cd/m2 = 0.00002 fl. (+-1% Y).

Sorry for the off-topic.

I'm a bit confused. Here is a snip from the article by David Katzmaier.

"I used Samsung's Konica Minolta CS-2000 spectroradiometer and my own QD780 signal generator to make some quick measurements in lieu of a full calibration.
With my normal method of measuring 0% black, which blackens the entire screen aside from a 5% stripe to make sure the screen remains active, the KN55S9C measured 0.00004 fL, the lowest (best) I've ever recorded. I have no trouble believing that the only reason it's not zero is because of light leakage from either the stripe or somewhere else in the room."
http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-kn55s9c/

Last edited by Pres2play; Today at 12:33 PM.
post #6184 of 6189 Unread Today, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post

"I used Samsung's Konica Minolta CS-2000 spectroradiometer and my own QD780 signal generator to make some quick measurements in lieu of a full calibration.
With my normal method of measuring 0% black, which blackens the entire screen aside from a 5% stripe to make sure the screen remains active, the KN55S9C measured 0.00004 fL, the lowest (best) I've ever recorded. I have no trouble believing that the only reason it's not zero is because of light leakage from either the stripe or somewhere else in the room."
CS-2000 can't read at these levels. You need CS-2000A for this and CNET has CS-2000. What part of my comment you didn't understand? All the data I posted are coming from official Minolta specifications.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #6185 of 6189 Unread Today, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

It may give a reading but if it is outside of the specified range of the meter (as ConnectTed states) then the reading could be subject to huge errors (measurement accuracy is not guaranteed outside of the published high and low measurement limits). Personally I would disregard what CNET is saying relative to that reading.

Geof
post #6186 of 6189 Unread Today, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
CS-2000 can't read at these levels. You need CS-2000A for this and CNET has CS-2000. What part of my comment you didn't understand? All the data I posted are coming from official Minolta specifications.

Thanks for taking the time to post that information on the Minolta. I'm just baffled by David's declaration that the Samsung has the lowest black-level he's ever tested. Then supporting that claim with an unsuitable meter. If the reading was out of the range of the CS-2000, why not state that instead? I hope I can get David to address that some day.
post #6187 of 6189 Unread Today, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post
It may give a reading but if it is outside of the specified range of the meter (as ConnectTed states) then the reading could be subject to huge errors (measurement accuracy is not guaranteed outside of the published high and low measurement limits). Personally I would disregard what CNET is saying relative to that reading.

Well, the problem is, the information has filtered through various sites. I visited the AVS Comparison of Black Levels thread and the same reading (0.00004 fL) is listed for the Samsung S9C. The irony is, the actual reading might be even lower
post #6188 of 6189 Unread Today, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Well, the problem is, the information has filtered through various sites. I visited the AVS Comparison of Black Levels thread and the same reading (0.00004 fL) is listed for the Samsung S9C. The irony is, the actual reading might be even lower
Or higher. Wouldn't bet on it ether way unless measured with a device capable of measuring it accurately.

Geof
post #6189 of 6189 Unread Today, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Agreed. I'll see if I can find other reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page