The Official ChromaPure thread - Page 211 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 104Likes
post #6301 of 6320 Old 02-23-2015, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Cobra427SC View Post
I've seen this type of comment many times over the years, and just so you know, fixes are made without changing the version number. They have their so-called reasons... it was only to change a default setting... it was done within a day or two of posting the new version... or it was a very minor fix that won't be noticed by 99% of the users. That's bunk because I've had problems multiple times over the years (yes, I'm old... ha) only to find out there was a subsequent fix that wasn't documented. Seriously, the ONLY way to tell if there is a difference is to perform a binary comparison of the files. But don't compare the zip file... extract the files first, then run a comparison... or use a program that will compare the contents of the zip files.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about you're problem so I can't help.

Good luck.
I'm not worried about it. The important thing is, I was able to adjust and vastly improve the black levels, especially at 5% black, which is something I couldn't acheive in my many sessions with the i1D3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6320 Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
If you make the CR-100 emulate the i1Pro 2, which I believe you have, then most of its inherent error will be eliminated.

You might also try redoing the firmware update, making sure to unplug the CR-100 when finished. It has be be restarted for the new firmware to load properly.

I know, this was a general question. I would love to have a native Mac version of chroma pure.

Is this planned ?
post #6303 of 6320 Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardos View Post
I know, this was a general question. I would love to have a native Mac version of chroma pure.

Is this planned ?
Answered below.
The Official ChromaPure thread

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6304 of 6320 Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hi Tom,
Im still experiencing the odd pattern freeze with my Accupel in 2.5.7. Selecting a pattern from the list or using the Accupel remote causes certain patterns to freeze. For example pluge patterns, special patterns or contrast patterns.

Second issue is when I do meter profiling. I take WRGB readings with my i1Pro2 and then I disconnect it hitting the button in CP. I swap the meter to my id3 on the tripod and return to the notebook to connect it and select a table. From time to time a error pop up window awaits me there and is telling me about some unhandled exception and offering quit or continue. Hitting continue solves the thing, but...its annoying.

Thanks
post #6305 of 6320 Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
Im still experiencing the odd pattern freeze with my Accupel in 2.5.7. Selecting a pattern from the list or using the Accupel remote causes certain patterns to freeze. For example pluge patterns, special patterns or contrast patterns.

Second issue is when I do meter profiling. I take WRGB readings with my i1Pro2 and then I disconnect it hitting the button in CP. I swap the meter to my id3 on the tripod and return to the notebook to connect it and select a table. From time to time a error pop up window awaits me there and is telling me about some unhandled exception and offering quit or continue. Hitting continue solves the thing, but...its annoying.
Please send this message to ChromaPure support and include and past communications on the matter.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6306 of 6320 Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I do apologise for the obviously novice question, but I'm out of ideas.

I'm using the Advanced Colour option in Chromapure in an effort to take some "inside the triangle" measurements, mainly 75%, to compare to my 100% saturation measurements. But whatever I try, I cannot get the graphically represented dots to move into the expected locations. They keep just appearing in the same 100% saturation areas. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I've followed the Chromapure manual, but it's not helping. Could someone kindly give some steps for this please?

Thanks!
Plutotype likes this.
post #6307 of 6320 Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadus View Post
I do apologise for the obviously novice question, but I'm out of ideas.

I'm using the Advanced Colour option in Chromapure in an effort to take some "inside the triangle" measurements, mainly 75%, to compare to my 100% saturation measurements. But whatever I try, I cannot get the graphically represented dots to move into the expected locations. They keep just appearing in the same 100% saturation areas. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I've followed the Chromapure manual, but it's not helping. Could someone kindly give some steps for this please?

Thanks!
Agree on this limitation...needs to be fixed, so that 75% saturation targets are visible. In todays implementation, its basically impossible to calibrate colors to 75% saturation.
post #6308 of 6320 Old Today, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What are you using as a test pattern source? If a 75% saturation test pattern is displayed, then the measurement will appear in the place it is supposed to.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6309 of 6320 Old Today, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Agree on this limitation...needs to be fixed, so that 75% saturation targets are visible. In todays implementation, its basically impossible to calibrate colors to 75% saturation.
There's nothing to be fixed that I know of. Just select 75% of Rec. 709 as the Reference Gamut in options, then you can calibrate to that in the Color Management module.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6310 of 6320 Old Today, 12:49 AM

Quote:
What are you using as a test pattern source? If a 75% saturation test pattern is displayed, then the measurement will appear in the place it is supposed to.
The pattern source is from the calibration disk you sent me with the new i1 Pro I'm David by the way.

It doesn't seem to matter if I measure 25%, 50%, or 75% test patters, the dot on CIE chart still appears in the 100% saturation point. I must be doing something wrong with the software... ?
post #6311 of 6320 Old Today, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I don't think it's a limitation, I think it's something I'm doing wrong!
post #6312 of 6320 Old Today, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The pattern source is from the calibration disk you sent me with the new i1 Pro I'm David by the way.

It doesn't seem to matter if I measure 25%, 50%, or 75% test patters, the dot on CIE chart still appears in the 100% saturation point. I must be doing something wrong with the software... ?
If you are putting up different colors and yet they appear at the same spot on the CIE chart, then you must have a bad installation.

1. Uninstall CP.
2. Delete this file
C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2\ChromaPure.config
Win7/8/8.1
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that's because it is hidden. To expose it,
Control Panel, Folder Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Then click OK. Now it will be visible.)
XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2
If you don't see the Application Data folder, that's because it is a hidden folder. To make it visible, Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View, Files and Folders, and then check "Show Hidden Files and Folders".
3. Repair Microsoft .Net Framework (Control Panel, Programs and Features, double-click Microsoft .Net Framework, and select the Repair option).
In Windows 8 you need to download the repair tool
http://www.chromapure.com/distribute...RepairTool.exe
A reboot may be required.
4. Reinstall CP using the latest build at http://www.chromapure.com/distribute...chromapure.zip
5. If you are using a signal generator, you will have to set it up again in CP from scratch (use a Com port of 4 or higher). Click Options, Signal Generator.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6313 of 6320 Unread Today, 01:13 AM

Quote:
If you are putting up different colors and yet they appear at the same spot on the CIE chart, then you must have a bad installation.

1. Uninstall CP.
2. Delete this file
C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2\ChromaPure.config
Win7/8/8.1
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that's because it is hidden. To expose it,
Control Panel, Folder Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Then click OK. Now it will be visible.)
XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2
If you don't see the Application Data folder, that's because it is a hidden folder. To make it visible, Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View, Files and Folders, and then check "Show Hidden Files and Folders".
3. Repair Microsoft .Net Framework (Control Panel, Programs and Features, double-click Microsoft .Net Framework, and select the Repair option).
In Windows 8 you need to download the repair tool
http://www.chromapure.com/distribute...RepairTool.exe
A reboot may be required.
4. Reinstall CP using the latest build at http://www.chromapure.com/distribute...chromapure.zip
5. If you are using a signal generator, you will have to set it up again in CP from scratch (use a Com port of 4 or higher). Click Options, Signal Generator.
Thank you for the assistance. Just want to make sure I've explained myself correctly before I carry out all of the above. As it could be just that I'm not doing this correctly...

When using the Colour Management tool, all is fine. I'm measuring 100% saturation, no issues at all. If I then go into the Advanced Colour Management tool, are there some steps I should take before just displaying a 75% pattern and measuring? There are quite a lot of drop down boxes in this tool, so I'm wondering if I should be specifically selecting some of them.
post #6314 of 6320 Unread Today, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for the assistance. Just want to make sure I've explained myself correctly before I carry out all of the above. As it could be just that I'm not doing this correctly...

When using the Colour Management tool, all is fine. I'm measuring 100% saturation, no issues at all. If I then go into the Advanced Colour Management tool, are there some steps I should take before just displaying a 75% pattern and measuring? There are quite a lot of drop down boxes in this tool, so I'm wondering if I should be specifically selecting some of them.
Yes, the first set of colors (Baseline Measurements) are all 100% saturation. You have to select Primary Color Saturations and then Secondary Color Saturations from the Select Measurement Mode drop-down to measure all of the colors.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6315 of 6320 Unread Today, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, the first set of colors (Baseline Measurements) are all 100% saturation. You have to select Primary Color Saturations and then Secondary Color Saturations from the Select Measurement Mode drop-down to measure all of the colors.
Yes, I'm fairly confident that's what I did. After taking the baseline measurements, I then went on to take measurements of red at 25%, 50% and 75% by:
1) Changing Select Measurement Mode to: Primary Colour Saturations
2) Changing to the corresponding test pattern
3) Selecting the radio button in the top left corner of the Advanced CM menu which corresponded to the test pattern.

Then taking the measurements... When doing this for red, I got the following: (please see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIE.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	566657  
post #6316 of 6320 Unread Today, 01:57 AM

I've got a feeling this is part where I found out I've used the wrong patterns...
post #6317 of 6320 Unread Today, 02:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've got a feeling this is part where I found out I've used the wrong patterns...
That's what it looks like to me. If you have an HDMI out, you can also use the built-in test patterns.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6318 of 6320 Unread Today, 02:50 AM

Quote:
That's what it looks like to me. If you have an HDMI out, you can also use the built-in test patterns.
I'm using the patterns which are on this part of the blu-ray:

Main Menu -> Adv. Color Management -> Full Field Amp/100%S (or 6.5% Window Amp/100%S) -> Red Sweep -> 100% Red, 75% Red, 50% Red...

Are these the wrong ones for testing lesser saturation points such as 75% and 50%?
post #6319 of 6320 Unread Today, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm using the patterns which are on this part of the blu-ray:

Main Menu -> Adv. Color Management -> Full Field Amp/100%S (or 6.5% Window Amp/100%S) -> Red Sweep -> 100% Red, 75% Red, 50% Red...

Are these the wrong ones for testing lesser saturation points such as 75% and 50%?
That's incorrect. You should use Full Field Sat/75% Amp.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #6320 of 6320 Unread Today, 09:10 PM

Thanks Tom.

I had a feeling the issue was down to me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page