Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #631 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I got an e-mail that he'd ship it out in a few days (I ordered earlier in the week as well), so thats up for interpretation . But i think with a week is fair amount of time. I bet he is busy with the new release and sorting out his customer lists and who has what version.

Athanasios
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

How long is it taking to receive the download link after the order was placed?

The important thing is the license not the link but my turn-around was less than an hour.
post #633 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

The important thing is the license not the link but my turn-around was less than an hour.

Well, I've been waiting nearly 3 days and haven't heard a thing. I sent inquiry yesterday and haven't heard on that either. Just lucky I guess.

Geof
post #634 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:

How long is it taking to receive the download link after the order was placed? I ordered V2 + Pro Upgrade on Tuesday and have not received anything (including a reply to my inquiry yesterday).

It was sent to you 9/14 at 7:41PM.

Tom Huffman
ChromaPure Software/AccuPel Video Signal Generators
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #635 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

I got an e-mail that he'd ship it out in a few days (I ordered earlier in the week as well), so thats up for interpretation . But i think with a week is fair amount of time. I bet he is busy with the new release and sorting out his customer lists and who has what version.

For those ordering CP and a meter (especially a meter with PRO offsets), it takes a little longer, especially right now. I am having a hard time keeping up. But software-only orders should go out within 24 hrs, often within 1 hr.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #636 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Well, I've been waiting nearly 3 days and haven't heard a thing. I sent inquiry yesterday and haven't heard on that either. Just lucky I guess.

Don't forget to check your 'junk mail' box; sometimes good things get put there.
post #637 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Don't forget to check your 'junk mail' box; sometimes good things get put there.

Been there, done that but nothing is there (from Chromapure). I've asked Tom to resend it.

Geof
post #638 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 02:00 PM

Liked: 20
I have just bought Chroma Pure V2.0. My eqipment: i1pro and Lumagen Radiance XE (newest firmware).

I can use nearly all features of Chroma Pure, also the Radiance XE as signal generator. BUT, there is one big problem when using the Radiance XE: if I press the button "Advanced CM", Chroma Pure crashes completely ! If I choose another source (like built-in) as signal generator, "Advanced CM" works correctly.

Any suggestions to solve that problem ?

Another question: is it possible to choose 100%, 75% test patterns etc. as level to measure the gamut ? What level is used in Chroma Pure ? With CalMAN I can choose the level.

Sources: Panasonic BDT-110, Toshiba HD-XE-1, Vantage VT-1S
Video processing: Lumagen Radiance 2041
Calibration: Full LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5 Business Pro, Chroma Pure
Probes: X-Rite EODIS3 / C6 / Chroma 5 / i1 pro 2
Targets: JVC-X500, TX-P65VTW60
Sound: Yamaha RX-V2067
post #639 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgiator View Post

I have just bought Chroma Pure V2.0. My eqipment: i1pro and Lumagen Radiance XE (newest firmware).

I can use nearly all features of Chroma Pure, also the Radiance XE as signal generator. BUT, there is one big problem when using the Radiance XE: if I press the button "Advanced CM", Chroma Pure crashes completely ! If I choose another source (like built-in) as signal generator, "Advanced CM" works correctly.

Any suggestions to solve that problem ?

The Radiance doesn't support the patterns needed for Advanced Color management. The built-in patterns do. However, we should handle this better than just generating an error.

Quote:

Another question: is it possible to choose 100%, 75% test patterns etc. as level to measure the gamut ? What level is used in Chroma Pure ? With CalMAN I can choose the level.

Not now. It defaults to 100%. We'll add 75% support in the next point release.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #640 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post

The Radiance doesn't support the patterns needed for Advanced Color management. The built-in patterns do. However, we should handle this better than just generating an error.

Yep, actually Chroma Pure crashes, no error (from Chroma Pure) is generated (under Win7 in Bootcamp).

Why don't you ask Jim Peterson from Lumagen to insert the patterns needed for the advanced color management ? That would be a nice feature and as I know Jim he will be interested to implement it.

Calibration: Full LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5 Business Pro, Chroma Pure
post #641 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:

For those ordering CP and a meter (especially a meter with PRO offsets), it takes a little longer, especially right now. I am having a hard time keeping up. But software-only orders should go out within 24 hrs, often within 1 hr.

Totally understandable Tom and no pressure from me here.

Take as much time as needed. I'm more excited about the interactive mode development for the Radiance.

Athanasios
post #642 of 5675 Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

Likewise for me

Certified HDTV junkie and AVS addict
U.S. Army FA WWII
post #643 of 5675 Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I have emails in my inbox from Chromapure.com and from Tom's personal email account. What I don't have are the emails with the download link and license file. Tom sent them several times but they haven't shown up. They are not in my ISP Spam folder (or my email program Spam folder) and I am at a loss as to what is going on. Tom sent me a link where I could get a zipped copy of the program and license file so I'm good to go at the moment but I'm left wondering why those upgrade email's aren't getting to my inbox. Things that make you go humm ......

I've taken a quick walk thru version 2 but I haven't used it yet ... does anyone care to comment on version 2?

Geof
post #644 of 5675 Old 09-18-2010, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have emails in my inbox from Chromapure.com and from Tom's personal email account. What I don't have are the emails with the download link and license file. Tom sent them several times but they haven't shown up. They are not in my ISP Spam folder (or my email program Spam folder) and I am at a loss as to what is going on. Tom sent me a link where I could get a zipped copy of the program and license file so I'm good to go at the moment but I'm left wondering why those upgrade email's aren't getting to my inbox. Things that make you go humm ......

I've taken a quick walk thru version 2 but I haven't used it yet ... does anyone care to comment on version 2?

Try this,
Created an inbox folder named blocked then log in to your webmail account at your ISP . If your ISP is like TWC you can create a setting (including a blocked folder) that diverts all mail otherwise rejected by the ISP mail server to that folder.

I had to do that once several months ago when AVS complained that TWC was blocking all thread subscription mail to me. Turned out that was not the problem and TWC corrected it at their end but I still have those settings. Nothing ever shows up in the blocked folder BTW.

Certified HDTV junkie and AVS addict
U.S. Army FA WWII
post #645 of 5675 Old 09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have emails in my inbox from Chromapure.com and from Tom's personal email account. What I don't have are the emails with the download link and license file.

The difference is attachments. The license is sent as an attachment and may be triggering some scanner.

Use gmail or dropbox or ....
post #646 of 5675 Old 09-18-2010, 11:10 AM

I have detected a serious problem while testing Chroma Pure 2.0 with my Lumagen Radiance as signal generator and my i1pro. Sometimes Chroma Pure 2.0 delivers wrong data while measuring greyscale and gamut. For your information: the display is perfectly calibrated with deltaE < 0.4 (greyscale and gamut) ! I have checked this with CalMAN. If already went ok, then Chroma Pure 2.0 delivers the right RGB and xyY values: greyscale and gamut look very good. But sometimes (directly after initializing the i1pro (dark reading)) only the BLUE value of RGB (greyscale) is 120% (for all IREs) ! Red and green are correct for every IRE (nearly 100%). The same for gamut: COMPLETELY wrong xyY (ALL colors are wrong) ! The only thing which helps in that situation: close Chroma Pure, starting CalMAN, initializing i1pro, take some measurements, close CalMAN, start Chroma Pure, initialize i1pro again and all works perfect again. Thats VERY annoying and dangerous because nobody knows, if the displayed values are correct !

post #647 of 5675 Old 09-18-2010, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Was your i1Pro enhanced by CalMan? If it was, then it could cause this in other applications not setup to access the changes made to the meter.

I have never seen anything like what you describe.

Quote:

I have detected a serious problem while testing Chroma Pure 2.0 with my Lumagen Radiance as signal generator and my i1pro. Sometimes Chroma Pure 2.0 delivers wrong data while measuring greyscale and gamut. For your information: the display is perfectly calibrated with deltaE < 0.4 (greyscale and gamut) ! I have checked this with CalMAN. If already went ok, then Chroma Pure 2.0 delivers the right RGB and xyY values: greyscale and gamut look very good. But sometimes (directly after initializing the i1pro (dark reading)) only the BLUE value of RGB (greyscale) is 120% (for all IREs) ! Red and green are correct for every IRE (nearly 100%). The same for gamut: COMPLETELY wrong xyY (ALL colors are wrong) ! The only thing which helps in that situation: close Chroma Pure, starting CalMAN, initializing i1pro, take some measurements, close CalMAN, start Chroma Pure, initialize i1pro again and all works perfect again. Thats VERY annoying and dangerous because nobody knows, if the displayed values are correct !

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #648 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:

Was your i1Pro enhanced by CalMan? If it was, then it could cause this in other applications not setup to access the changes made to the meter.

I have never seen anything like what you describe.

No, the i1pro is not enhanced by CalMAN. But I use the driver package of CalMAN for using the i1pro in Chroma Pure. The interesting thing is that there is no problem in CalMAN but every second or third time when using Chroma Pure. It's sporadic ! It also doesn't help to recalibrate the i1pro. Sometimes I can measure the grayscale and gamut completely correct and then I click to another button and back and then greyscale and gamut are wrong. I have never seen such problems with CalMAN,only with Chroma Pure. The "good" thing: the error is so big that I can see that something went wrong.

I want to solve that problem because I like Chroma Pure. Perhaps here is someone with a Radiance who can also see that behaviour of Chroma Pure. I can also do some tests when I know what to test.

post #649 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:

Good news ! I have talked with Jim Peterson from Lumagen because of new test patterns. This is the answer from him:

We are in discussions with Chroma Pure and are willing to add test patterns for them.

Not sure on timing for these, but we will put this on the to-do list.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen

post #650 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

No, the i1pro is not enhanced by CalMAN. But I use the driver package of CalMAN for using the i1pro in Chroma Pure. The interesting thing is that there is no problem in CalMAN but every second or third time when using Chroma Pure. It's sporadic ! It also doesn't help to recalibrate the i1pro. Sometimes I can measure the grayscale and gamut completely correct and then I click to another button and back and then greyscale and gamut are wrong. I have never seen such problems with CalMAN,only with Chroma Pure. The "good" thing: the error is so big that I can see that something went wrong.

I want to solve that problem because I like Chroma Pure. Perhaps here is someone with a Radiance who can also see that behaviour of Chroma Pure. I can also do some tests when I know what to test.

Run through the i1diagnostics available from X-Rite. I have both packages with an i1pro and I see no difference between the two.

Can't post the link...
post #651 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiejohn View Post

Run through the i1diagnostics available from X-Rite. I have both packages with an i1pro and I see no difference between the two.

Can't post the link...

That was going to be my suggestion. Also, how old is the i1 Pro? Is it possible it is time to renew the calbration of the meter itself?

I upgraded to Chromapure 2.0 Professional last nigth and cannot wait to play with the new features
post #652 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 08:33 AM

i1diagnostics runs completely successfully. There is no problem with the i1pro. I bought the i1pro one year ago. There has never been a problem using that device wth CalMAN, but now with Chroma Pure.

post #653 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 09:25 AM

Ok Tom, do the following to reproduce the problem:

- initialize i1pro
- use Radiance as signal generator and test connection to it
- take some measurements of greyscale and gamut --> went ok
- switch off Radiance and on again
- take measurements of greyscale and gamut again

--> greyscale and gamut are completely wrong !

You can close Chroma Pure, start again, initialize i1pro again, switch Radiance on and off again --> nothing helps to get correct values again.

The only way which helps: using CalMAN with Radiance, initialize i1pro, take measurements --> all measurements are ok. Then you can close CalMAN, start Chroma Pure, initialize i1pro, test connection to Radiance, take measurements: greyscale and gamut are completely correct !

post #654 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 AM

I notice you list all of the Epson Home Cinema series as having proper CMS except the Epson HC 8100.

I have an Epson Home Cinema 8100 (non-UB model)...does this model qualify?

Considering getting an EyeOne LT (Display2 w/o the software as I understand it) and Chromapure for calibration.

Do I have proper CMS? Will the Display2 on a tripod be okay for my front projection? Is there a trial version of Chromapure 1 or 2? I couldn't find a link to a demo version (only demo videos) on the website.

Thanks
post #655 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoavs View Post

I notice you list all of the Epson Home Cinema series as having proper CMS except the Epson HC 8100.

I have an Epson Home Cinema 8100 (non-UB model)...does this model qualify?

Does it have Saturation, Hue and Brightness in the CMS menu? If so, then yes. If not, then no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoavs View Post

Considering getting an EyeOne LT (Display2 w/o the software as I understand it) and Chromapure for calibration.

Do I have proper CMS? Will the Display2 on a tripod be okay for my front projection? Is there a trial version of Chromapure 1 or 2? I couldn't find a link to a demo version (only demo videos) on the website.

Yes, a tripod mount is fine. Since without a functioning meter all we could provide is automatic number generation, the videos give eveything you need for evaluation.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #656 of 5675 Old 09-19-2010, 09:27 PM

I was playing around with the built-in pattern generator and am wondering what is the draw back of using the built-in generator versus an external? Also, it is my understanding that even if you us a pattern generator you still have to use a disc afterwords to adjust for any changes that the source might do to the signal. Is that correct? If this is true are you really saving any time versus using a disc from beginning to end?

Thanks
post #657 of 5675 Old 09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiGuy View Post

I was playing around with the built-in pattern generator and am wondering what is the draw back of using the built-in generator versus an external? Also, it is my understanding that even if you us a pattern generator you still have to use a disc afterwords to adjust for any changes that the source might do to the signal. Is that correct? If this is true are you really saving any time versus using a disc from beginning to end?

It depends on your video card. YMMV.

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

post #658 of 5675 Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiGuy View Post

I was playing around with the built-in pattern generator and am wondering what is the draw back of using the built-in generator versus an external?

Real signal generators are quite useful. Computer based pattern generators are problematic unless you have complete control of the video interface and it is capable of generating a correct video colorspace.
post #659 of 5675 Old 09-20-2010, 02:12 PM

Hi Tom,

As a user of Chromapure Pro with a i1pro i have a question:

What colorspace or profile do i have to choose when i want to calibrate a lcd tv or any other display thru HDMI/laptop.

i calibrated my laptop screen but when i want to calibrate a display i don't want to influence de calibration.

Thanks

Quote:

It depends on your video card. YMMV.

Sometimes you are 1 click away from pulling your hair out and bang your head against the wall
post #660 of 5675 Old 09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbeenl View Post

As a user of Chromapure Pro with a i1pro i have a question:

What colorspace or profile do i have to choose when i want to calibrate a lcd tv or any other display thru HDMI/laptop.

i calibrated my laptop screen but when i want to calibrate a display i don't want to influence de calibration.

I am not sure what you mean by "colorspace" and "profile". Those terms could refer to several things in CP. Could you be more specific?

Tom Huffman
ISF/THX Calibrations
Springfield, MO

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page