The Official ChromaPure thread - Page 233 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6961 of 6962 Old Today, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
The ChromaPure home page now uses javascript and css, but no Flash. Refresh the page.
I mean the meat of the site - all of your demo files...not viewable...

Thrang's Theater: Sony VPLVW-1100 - Bowers & Willkins 800/802/803/HTM2D D2 Diamond - JL Audio Fathom 113 v2 - KEF CI200rr-THX elevation speakers - Lumagen 2143 - Marantz 8802a - Parasound Halo JC1/A51/A23 - Oppo 103 - Dune Smart B1/Synology 20TB NAS - DirecTV Genie - TiVo Roamio - Apple TV - PS4 • Audio: Sennheiser HD800 - Oppo HA1 - Kef LS50 - iTunes/Pure Music - iMac 5k • Last Watched: test patterns - Last Listened: test tones
Sponsored Links
post #6962 of 6962 Old Today, 03:07 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post
First, did you resolve the problem of getting incorrect dE values in Color Management?

Unfortunately, I have pretty much the same response to your latest issue. I have tested this and I cannot reproduce it.

Outputting internal test patterns to a display while using Windows extended desktop, I see no issues. To switch color spaces you have to first Reset all of the data on the screen and start from scratch.

What do you mean that "the colors are still off"?
I think Chromapure and Windows 10 do not get along well, I may experiment with compatibility modes but yes, I am still getting the same color errors. That is what I mean by colors being off.

I have basically put Chromapure aside now, it is great software but I am starting to get a lot of issues with it. I have it installed on my desktop PC and my laptop, yet it exhibits the same issues. I have done complete re-installs, going even further than the instructions (using Revo uninstaller, taking everything out but the license file). Still acts up for me with multi-monitor mode and still wrong DE values. I am totally stumped and I have tried everything, so I guess I will have to wait for the updated software and hope it works better for me. I can make ROMS for phones, so I am quite knowledgeable with computers and am the guy everyone calls for computer help/repair. I built my PC, yet no matter what I cannot get Chromapure stable. I have tried every option, and I understand you cannot reproduce the issues Tom (I do appreciate your software and attempts to help).

I did notice these issues did seem to get worse when I updated to Windows 10 from 8.1, so I am thinking something is causing the instability I am experiencing. Strangely, both my PC and laptop are acting up even more now. Here is what I am experiencing on both, and I have an issue just about every time I use it with something.

-When I use multi-monitor mode on the laptop, with Intel graphics, the radio boxes get stuck if I put the patterns on the TV with extended desktop. I cannot switch from HSL default to the RGB setting on the Color Management, or I cannot select Black or Checkerboard on the Contrast pattern, the selection box does not work and clicking it does nothing. Typing manually "RGB" does not work either, it stays on HSL mode.
-Reports (even with full-permissions enabled and ran as administrator) often do not work, give an error, or are missing some information. Often all 3.
-Incorrect Delta E/Color numbers

This is more or less making the software useless for me. I have tried the following:

-Reinstalling Argyll (Full removal/re-install) on both computers (even if this has nothing to do with CP)
-Reinstalling Chromapure (Full removal/re-install) on both computers
-Reinstalling i1 Display Pro 3 (Full removal/re-install) on both computers
-Net Framework repair on both computers
-Net Framework update on both computers
-Update Windows 10 to latest with all patches/totally up to date on both computers
-Registry Repair on both computers
-Run as administrator, Full-permission on both computers
-Two different computers with the same result (PC is custom built Intel Core i7, running Windows 10 Professional, latest build. Laptop is Asus TP500L, Core i5 using Windows 10 Home edition)

It is not the computers, I used HCFR and I just purchased SpectraCal Calman 5 Home Theater Enthusiast last night and both work without issues or crashes. Measurements work, reports work, and completely stable meter/software behavior. I was able to do a flawless calibration my first time using Calman5, it worked flawless and HCFR does as well.

I love Chromapure, but as you can imagine if it is not working for me, it is not doing me much good.

Totally stumped and I have tried just about everything I can think of.

Receiver: Denon X4100
Speakers: Mains: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1, Center: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1, Surrounds: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1, Rear Surrounds: Polk OWM-3
Subwoofer: HSU Research VTF-3 Mk 5
Sponsored Links
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page