Pioneer 111FD Sport - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-19-2010, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't get my tv calibrated for a few months and would like the best settings for sport. I've been searching everywhere and cannot find settings for the 111fd. I used D-nice settings for pure and performance and they look really good. Should I just use performance or should sport have different settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Sports broadcasters record and transmit their programs using the same video industry standards and practices used by everyone else in the video program production industry. Your TV does not need to have different settings for sports programs, with the only exception being perhaps to compensate for different ambient lighting conditions than watching movies. A slight change in contrast and brightness would be in order for a brighter room. Please review the opening post in this thread the discusses using other people's settings: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906 .
Old 12-20-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post

Sports broadcasters record and transmit their programs using the same video industry standards and practices used by everyone else in the video program production industry. Your TV does not need to have different settings for sports programs, with the only exception being perhaps to compensate for different ambient lighting conditions than watching movies. A slight change in contrast and brightness would be in order for a brighter room. Please review the opening post in this thread the discusses using other people's settings: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906 .

Thank you for responding. I realize copying settings is a crap-shoot and isn't going to be the same for everyone. I've been in contact with Doug Blackburn recently about a professional calibration, but it will be a little while for me. With that said, since the Kuro has a specialized "sport" setting. I wanted to cater it to only sports programming, so I could use it for only sports. I didn't need everything, I was curious which "Pro settings" would be best to turn on/off and change and brightness/color starting points as well. Because Optimal looks ok, sport looks awful, pure looks dull and so does movie. I didn't want to fiddle with pure or movie though because I spent a long time kind of catering them to my tastes for blu-ray.